1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man City make Mahrez inquiry

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jan 30, 2018.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone expects him to be back until after the City game at least, might trigger his depression again :emoticon-0114-dull:

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I think next monday/Tuesday is the earliest we can realistic expect Mahrez to return

5. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

In reality unfortunately not. Depressed my ar $-e! He's having an almighty mardy tantrum.

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Whist the club (and supporters) obviously want him back i hope he is being treated like the rest of us would if we went on an illegal strike and he has his pay withheld.

7. Proud Fox

With the mad market how it is though just shows how well we did to get Diabate for £2M

Even though he hasnt been here long and whats his value worth now!

Mahrez will still need a proper replacement in the summer but our scouting is more important then ever with the mad market now

8. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

A few different articles this morning in the press - I would take them all with a pinch of salt to be honest - but the crux is:

1) Pep ready to end any interest in Riyad Mahrez due to his behaviour since the move failed

2) Riyad Mahez has said he will return but only if 2 demands are met

a) we won't block a move
    b) we will insert a release clause ..

I'm sceptical about all of this - if Pep thinks Mahrez will enhance his team / squad he won't be put off by the current mini soiap opera - he's managed much bigger personalities than Mahrez and Mahrez is not a difficult or disruptive individual by nature

The 2 demands are comical ... because they will make no difference if we comply ... OK a release clause - if anyone comes in with £90 million it will trigger a release <doh> ... and we won't block a move PROVIDED it meets with our valuation <ok>

What Mahrez needs to do urgently is get rid of his current 'team of advisers' ... because they are crap <laugh>

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  9. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

I didn't see anyone complaining at Liverpool for not letting Coutinho go in the Summer window for the same reason, in fact they were applauded for not giving in to the pressures of a bigger club, (the result of that particular debarcle was that Coutinho kept playing his football and now has his desired move and Liverpool have their higher fee - cushty). However, with Leicester not being in the Top 6 we have not been afforded such luxury. That is Philippe Coutinho, whose stats do not even compare to the "hardly world class" Riyad Mahrez!

In the current market it is widely accepted that Riyad Mahrez is worth £75m+, and for a club to come in with an offer well below that value (on Transfer Deadline Day) should say to Riyad that they weren't really that interested anyway (except possibly for injury cover). The actual offer was £60m INCLUDING a player, and that player was not one we even wanted! We asked for Patrick Roberts to be involved - Man City declined. If Man City had offered £75m+ I am quite sure he would have been preparing to play against his old club this weekend (without whom he may well have still been plying his trade in the French second division) in the Sky Blue of Man City. But they didn't, and he's not!

Now it appears with the way he has acted Man City no longer want him in their team, and regardless of what Riyad may think, there is only one person to blame - and that is himself!

LeicesterWizard and jambawamba like this.
  10. Proud Fox

Give Mahrez his clause but add a year on his contract

Clause has to be at least £75M aswell

FosseFilberto likes this.

11. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

If his 2 demands are correct, then tell him to do one and prepare for 18 months with the under 23s. Why should we change a contract for someone who behaves like a stroppy kid? Puel has already said his value could be £100m plus in the summer. Cant see any other team interested in signing him the way he has reacted.

BuzzardFoxMick likes this.
  12. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

Absolutely BF......... act like a kid, train with the kids !

13. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I’ve not really got involved with this until now but it’s going too far. He has lost any repect and hero status from me over this which is a shame as this will be the case for many of our fans. He’s bang out of order, throwing the toys out not getting what he wants. I wouldn’t be bothered not to see him play for us again now and I really hope he follows the Berehino route as he doesn’t deserve to be successful and a hero to a new set of fans behaving like this. How many people would give anything to be in his position and he acts like this

14. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

If he missed a couple of training sessions over it, you could blame Man City, but theres only one to blame given how long its gone on.

Won't get a move now (unless its backwards or sideways) because of his own behavior.

Edit: just to clarify, i still believe he could return, but he has to return grovelling at this point after being hugely disrespectful to the club, his team-mates and the fans.

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Just one word of caution here ... I've seen no direct quotes from Riyad Mahrez himself .... instead we get what appears to be a load of rather puerile drivel from largely non- attributable 'sources' etc ....

Only a complete fool could imagine that if we were willing to agree to a release clause now it would be somehow discounted from what we believe to be his market value <doh> ... so even if this is being discussed it won't make any difference to the stance that we have taken throughout - we won't be selling him for less than we consider him to be worth in the current market ... and Coutinh is not 3 times the player Mahrez is - statistically he's marginally worse .... so a complete non-story.in my book ... both sides probably happy to agree to a release clause 'in principle' ... less so on the quantum

Similarly, this point about obstructing a sale - we won't - provided somebody bids what we believe he is worth - if they don't we won't sell ... nothing more to say.

I just feel there are a number of fools out there attempting to stir up a **** pit now.

For the avoidance of doubt - Riyad Mahrez is in no position to be issuing demands - he is technically in breach of contract and we would be within our rights to stop paying his wages and also take legal action against him if he attempts to work anywhere else before we release him from his contract .. seems sensible to me that the club thinks it best that he gets an 'extended break' to reflect on the evants that have happened and that this break covers the game at Man City which would otherwise become a bit of a feeding frenzy for the red tops - I suspect he will resume training with us on Monday ... if not, then an end to us being understanding and compassionate employers and throw the book at him and his dodgy 'advisers'. <ok>

HarboroughFox likes this.
  16. Proud Fox

The club havent took a hardline stance with Mahrez due to his “friends” use of the word depresssion

Say Mahrez is genuinely depressed the club dont want a bad image of causing Mahrez’s any damage to his mental health

17. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Mental health is always to be taken seriously as you say. And footballers for all they have and the life they live are just as liable to suffering from such things as depression as anyone else. However depression is not something that I believe would happen over night and is a long battle. I certainly refuse to believe it would come on overnight to him following this failed move. What is bad is when people disrespect things like genuine depression by crying it. I may be wrong but it strikes me it’s a case of being sulky and pissed off and upset by the situation.

BuzzardFoxMick and HarboroughFox like this.
  18. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Take it from me who has a son diagnosed with mental health issues (depression), feeling depressed and suffering from depression are not even close to being similar. Sure he is disappointed but this should not be clouded with other issues. I agree with Fosse, this ends on Monday, he needs to be contrite and get his head down from then. At this point it would appear he still has support from team mates but I'm sure even they will be sick of it by next week if not resolved. Have admiration for the way Puel has handled it as well.

19. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I’m a primary School Teacher. Shall I just not turn up to teach the kids and only agree to return if either:

1) they give me a better contract despite not turning up

2) they promote me, again despite me turning up

3) they agree to let me leave without serving my terms notice and just walk into a new school the next day, leaving behind a class without a teacher without the school having the option to find a plausible replacement

20. Proud Fox

We all know the real world and the football world arent in the same world

If you refused to turn up you get sacked, a football keeps getting paid

: lcfc