1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Maja and Asoro pondering...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Apr 13, 2018.

1. MackemInTheMiddle

MackemInTheMiddle Well-Known Member

Apparently his relegation pay cut kicks in if we don’t get promotion back to EPL in first season down.

Disco down under likes this.
  2. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Will always look at anything the Mackems produce, because your youth system is class. Don't care about the stuff about Colback, because he's not a horrendous player, his style just isn't versatile enough to fit different systems, although he is versatile enough to play a couple of positions as back-up.

I think the issue Sunderland have in getting rid of the owner, is that the cost of squad overhaul, paying off the club debt, and then putting them back in the premier league, will cost more than buying Newcastle. So unless it's a consortium backing a local hero, it's going to be tough to find a buyer. It's tough enough for us!

That in itself brings problems keeping hold of good young players, yet IF Sunderland do go down, **** me, what a massive club in that league. The others won't stand a chance, and to be honest that's with minimal investment. If I was a good young player, what an opportunity I would see to play first team football for a big club.

Saf, Dorset, Sunderlad and 4 others like this.
  3. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

You guys don't need any of your promising young players being picked off by anyone, never mind your bitterest old rivals. Ashley would be interested at knockdown prices though, even if at their tender age they're miles away from Premiership football.

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

As a rule I take any rumours of players moving between Sunderland and Newcastle with five salt mines worth of salt.

It's always just journos prodding the bear.

Saf and The Norton Cat like this.
  5. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

If these lads run their contract right down would SAFC be eligible to receive compensation as they have come through our youth system?

NB: I don't want them to go. Just trying to understand the degree of our vulnerability

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Yes, peanuts from a tribunal with a healthy future payments %

Saf and jdsafc like this.
  7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Weird the tribunal payments - Ings was £6.5m from Burnley to Liverpool rising to £8m

Looking back through time some fairl unknowns have gone for upwards of £500k with large potential add ons depending on appearances/transfers etc.

By today's standards I'd rate Asoro at decent Championship level - and decent Championship players are going for upwards of £10m (this isn;t me saying he's worth £10m by the way - but, by modern football standards, he probably is). Maja I'm still not convinced by but mainly as I haven't seen enough of him.

Hope it's all poppycock anyhow and they're both playing starring roles next season. Hopefully we'll win a trophy - checkatrade here we come.........

8. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Cheers
    Canny phucked then

9. Brian Storm

Didn't Burnley have a history off refused bids for the tribunal to base a value on?

10. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Yes I think so. The general figures tend to be more along the lines of £1-2m for players with future % attached unless there's a very good reason to up it. I'm not sure how much the value is affected by the league they are in though. In theory it shouldn't matter, but in practice it usually does with player values.

As for a figure of value now I'd say that the top few players at the top few clubs in the championship are worth upwards of £10m (Fulham reportedly slapped a price tag of £20m+ on Tom Cairney last summer), but I reckon £10/12m is pushing it for a player like Mitrovic so I would think that Asoro/Maja would be significantly less.

I just hope that they stay. Honeyman(23), Gooch(22), Watmore (24), Love (23), McNair (22), Asoro (19), Maja (18), etc... the nucleus of a team for next season if injuries can be avoided.

11. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Need a few John McPhails around them too

clockstander likes this.
  12. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

13. Brian Storm

We don't need to sell either. We get compo if they leave for nothing, and that fee will be based on whatever offers come in this summer. No hurry, no worry.

14. Brian Storm

Just reading this back now and we've had buyers queuing up. Your maths must have been way off as I see you've still got Ashley. <whistle>

15. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

...you've been "bought" (is it even over the line yet???) by a consortium fronted by Eastleigh's owner... I'd wait a while to trawl back through my posts for one upmanship if I were you mate <laugh><laugh><laugh>

16. Brian Storm

Alright. See you in a bit <ok>

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  17. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

<laugh><laugh>