1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Maintland-Niles breaks leg

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Aug 16, 2018.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

2. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Expected to be out for 6 - 8 weeks.

With a fractured leg, normally it can be a lot worse, so in some ways, he's/we're quite lucky it's a relatively 'short' amount of time.

It's horrible news, especially as we're all expecting him to make a positive impact this season, but it's there's one time for this to happen, at least it's right at the beginning of the season where nothing is lost/won.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

First chance for our new management to come up with accurate injury return times rather than underestimating them by several years.

4. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Poor lad, probably the worst time of his career to break your leg. Would have been a perfect opportunity to impress the new manager and get into the first team. The reality now is he'll be up against it, not only will he have to come back from a bad injury and play, he will miss key development opportunities and the prospect of new signings coming in when he's away.

The harsh reality of breaking into a top PL team nowadays.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm gutted for the lad, but do you know what? I'm pleased that it means Lichsteiner will be facing Chelsea. He looks really solid in those fullback positions.

6. lazarus20000

That comment is rather unfortunate but true. The pressure of success is high and youngsters like Maitland will have a very short window to impress. At least Emery is willing to play him which is a step in the right direction.

I don't think our youngsters will get a better chance to proof themselves and break into the first 11. Emery is looking for his best 11 and it's not like he's getting a huge budget to buy any players, well not until summer. On the flip side, we're not exactly overflowing in quality in some areas, so there is a chance.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

How's that going to happen in the next 6-8 weeks?

8. lazarus20000

You don't know much about our injuries. If this is a broken leg then i suspect it to be a very long time for us. However, things could be different post-Wenger, but i'll see it to believe it.

9. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Not the news I wanted to wake up to. We're really light on defenders now, aren't we?

10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

6-8 weeks for the leg to set - providing no surgery is required.. Then 4-5 weeks work to rebuild the muscle that will atrophy then at least 3-4 weeks training to get back up to scratch.

I would say 15 weeks minimum.