1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mahrez off to Man City

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, May 21, 2018.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Good shout - forgot all about it.

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Apparently that is what we originally wanted but got negotiated down to £50m + Patrick Roberts.

No reliable source has come out with anything yet so is still all guesswork.

3. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...ez?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

I'm doubtful we'll see better in my lifetime and it'll be a sad day when he goes but at this is suggesting a more realistic valuation.

Vardy going would be a disaster. I'm less convinced by that possibility though as he did turn down an offer after we won the league. Although the lure of the Spanish sun might be a different entity.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I dont see Vardy leaving us tbh. If he was going move as I said at the time and stand by now

Arsenal was his big move. I dont see him leaving now. He is a legend here and he might aswell break even more records here and go down as our greatest ever player

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the prospect of Champions League football in sunny Spain - he is 31 so this very likely would be the only chance he'll get.

We shall see what happens if Athletico put their money where their mouth is.

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Think Mrs Vardy might fancy that.

7. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Id be surprised if Vardy left, hes one of the first names on the teamsheet here, and will be until his legs are shot.

I'd actually be interested to see if we are entertaining the idea, we certainly won't get enough money to get another 15+ goal a season striker.

Playing devils advocate, would it be so bad if he did leave? With Mahrez probably going, our quick counter attacking is certainly going to take a hit, he doesn't necessarily fit Puels style, though he has done extraordinarily well to adjust and still hit 20. Would be a baptism of fire for Iheanacho if he did leave, but maybe best to have a wobble now to cement our premier league status with a younger side more comfortable playing posession football.

8. Proud Fox

If you read Vardy’s comments from today about rejecting Arsenal and staying here then he is going nowhere

He said staying here as the main man and rejecting Arsenal is the reason why he is going to the World Cup

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  9. Proud Fox

Man City arent prepared to meet his asking price. Again.

Atm the clubs have stopped talking and talk is Man City could walk away

So they will make pathetic offers. Drop a bomb and leave

They knew what that had to pay after January. Shows a lack of class and respect from them

10. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Also talk it is to do with Mahrez wanting a loyalty bonus from us and agent fees! If either of those or both are true it’s a ****ing joke as if he wanted the transfer that much he and his agent would not be so greedy. They along with Man City are trying to bully us down that’s all, glad our owners are staying strong.
    On the other hand though I do think it’s time for him to go, we need to move on and use the money to funds new faces

11. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

loyalty bonus? this is the same Mahrez that went AWOL isn't it?

JohnTheFox likes this.
  12. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Seems it’s why he withdrew the transfer request to be eligible again. TBH once a transfer request goes in the loyalty bonus should be void regardless of it being withdrawn unless a new contract is signed

13. LeicesterWizard

It looks like its going to be the same as January, Man City will come back in with a piss small offer 3 days before the end of the transfer window and Mahrez will have a hissy fit.

We really should have put a deadline on Mahrez's agent getting the deal done. Give them until the 11th of July and then cut Man City off completely.

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  14. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

It's like groundhog day ! Am getting quite bored of these Mahrez transfer dealings.
    We've told them the price, twice, pay it or go away. Really hoping this doesn't drag on to the 11th hour, an early deadline would be great but probably unlikely.

15. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

It's all speculation about the state of negotiations etc - there is no immediate rush - not like anyone can actually train with their new team mates or owt right now - coz there's this little party going on in Russia <laugh>

16. Proud Fox

I think Leroy Sane not going to the World cup cooled their interest alot as he will be fit and ready for the new season

Man City will probably just pick a winger up who impresses during the World Cup

17. Proud Fox

How can a buying club tell a selling club to lower a price tag <laugh>

Man City have said unless we come down they will walk away. Cheerio then lads

The more they push Vichai the less chance they have as he didnt become a billionaire by being bullied by anyone

Riyad has 2 years left on his deal. They knew the price tag in January and they know it now. Either pay it or go away

18. LeicesterWizard

I wouldn't be surprised if other sides become interested soon, especially if the rumour that its breaking down goes around.

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Liverpool are the one that I've heard - would make sense as they are still looking for a replacement for Courtinho.

20. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

At this rate we'll have to change the order of the words in the title of this thread to 'Mahrez to Man City off'.

We need to get a deal done with someone to get rid of the distraction and move on.