1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mags embarrassing themselves yet again

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Flamin hot, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Slating our takeover and a reaction to the question "hows your takeover going" ?
    (On their board)

"Not too bad by all accounts 33,000 watched a court case stream showing the public interest in it. More than Sunderland have had for a first team home game so far this season I believe."

Priceless <laugh><laugh><laugh>

<doh>

The Berk, DH4 and Smug in Boots like this.
  2. Porterfield73

Porterfield73 Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope they get bogged down in the legal process until their fans start up their hateful protests again, thus ensuring that no existing party will be interested in taking over the poisoned geordie chalice. I'm pretty sure Mike Ashley is stringing this along for 2 reasons, 1) to get some compensation from the PL for obstructing this takeover by the Saudis ( I've seen a figure of £10M mentioned?) .... and 2) to show that he did everything he could through the legal channels to get the deal done, but with everything conspiring against it, he couldn't , so will be keeping the non-refundable £17M deposit that he got from Queen Amanda.
    So Mr. Ashley pockets £27Million quid, and then moves on to the next would-be buyer ( we heard from his lawyers that there were several offers from others recently), or at worst he gets to stay another season without having to splash any significant sums on transfers, then the circus begins again next summer. He is retiring from his Fraser Group duties, and so he'll be able to devote more of his time and attention to his favourite pastime, driving the geordie nation up the ****ing wall!!! Long live Big Mike.

3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Quite right mate.

The Mags are continually claiming Ashley has no ambition for the club, won't invest and ignores the wishes of the supporters ...

.... failing to realise he's said exactly that and couldn't care less.

They keep saying they want the club to go back to normal but this really is their normal. Prior to Hall and Shepherd they were just another bunch of plodders who won nothing. Their belief, that their level is challenging for the title, and playing in the CL, is based on a very brief period when they were almost bankrupted.

Boro have won more than Newcastle, in the last couple of decades, played in Europe and bought top players but, to their credit, the fans accept that it isn't their rightful place to which they're entitled. Newcastle supporters believe that big gates entitles them to be a big club ...

... it isn't otherwise we wouldn't be in the 3rd division.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  4. Come May next year,this thread will be changed to "Mags pissing themselves yet again",when they realise we will be our usual 6 points to the good in the coming season. <party>

5. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

this 100% sir...we had our 'fling' with our 7th places and almost europe but i don't think we ever thought it would last, going off the mags 'entitlement' plea then we should expect to still be winning the title 'because we used to do it at one time'.

be careful what you wish for lads, the top six have plenty of debt and the only way they sustain that is with european football every season, if that big six turned into a big ten then the 'sharing' of the euro places will put a massive strain on all of them as that (almost) guaranteed euro cash cow will no longer be there...it also seems the only way to build up in the hope to compete in the premier is to take a fall and a massive hit, trying to do that with premier football wage and player demands is all but impossible, taking just one example, joelinton, how many millions has he cost the club for very little return?...i honestly cannot blame some owners for not wanting to bail their clubs out every season, especially when made unwelcome by the locals.

The Berk, rooch 3 and Smug in Boots like this.
  6. Smug in Boots

Everyone wants to do a 'Leicester' but I think they'll falter in the next few years.

As you say with Joelinton and Benitez it doesn't take many poor choices to cripple a club.

When Vardy has gone and Rodgers takes the Spurs/whichever job Leicester will have to replace them. If they're decent, but not that great, they'll start chasing things to try to keep up. If it doesn't work then the better players will want away and more replacements needed. Southampton knew it was pointless trying to 'push on' because they'll never have worldwide appeal or a huge fanbase.

So they muddle along, sell players and try to find more gems ...

... and they're little different to Newcastle whatever the Mags may believe.

Young Ted, The Berk and samwise_new like this.
  7. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

9. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

So 33000 jobless ****ers in their mams spare room taking a break from cry ****ing to click a free to view link is somehow more of a achievement than 33000 paying customers actually attending third division football.

Makemstine Roger, Nig, Iain and 3 others like this.
  10. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

I was going to point out yesterday.

Attendence is only thing they have had for years. As it drops due to ****e football they will be talking with their feet, hitting Cashley where it hurts, making a stand etc...

When we did the same we were part timers, only there for the good times, etc...

11. Robref62

Robref62 Well-Known Member

Report I read said at any one time no more than 4000 watched it, followed by 4000 etc, again and so on to reach 33000. Of these 33000, it could have been the same 4000 popping in and out. By their 'logic' we have attracted 180,000 fans to watch lge1 home games. They're fascinated by us no doubt. Whereas we find them hysterically funny and deluded.

12. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

I imagine a lot of Sunderland fans logged on for a laugh, I think I did but quickly logged out.
    Deluded dafties :D

13. Smug in Boots

No reason is needed to post, and repost, this absolute belter.

Absolutely everything about it is hilarious ...

... from the fact that he's paid actual money to have it made to the sanctimonious look on his stupid face.

"Just wait until people see this, they'll all think I'm a real hero."

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

please log in to view this image

“I often wear the the robe when Newcastle come on the box and have had many laughs and strange looks from colleagues and students at school."

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  14. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

15. Smug in Boots

They really have lost their minds, all hope is lost ....

Nig, Iain, DH4 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

He uses the word joke quite often, I wonder if he's looking in the mirror when he says that.
    I quite like the lad as he makes me look like an absolute genius

DH4 and Smug in Boots like this.
  17. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Takeover back on apparently after beIN and KSA reach piracy deal. :emoticon-0119-puke:

18. Smug in Boots

Unless I'm mistaken the piracy deal was never mentioned officially ...

... the problem is that PIF is actually the Saudi state and, therefore, government.

Unless they can prove otherwise the takeover can't happen.

19. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I thought this, but apparently a state can own a football club. PSG for example.

20. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023