1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mags embarrassing themselves yet again

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Flamin hot, Dec 31, 2020.

1. ISOE II

ISOE II Well-Known Member

King Kev or Kevin Keagon 7. The one who got a speeding ticket trying to get away from Newcastle as fast as he could when he was sacked by Big Mike.

Nig, gelders pie, TopCat_ and 2 others like this.
  2. Hudson92

Hudson92 Well-Known Member

Mad how the lord over a bloke that blew a 12 point lead and ****ed off at the first opportunity twice

Nordic, Nig, gelders pie and 6 others like this.
  3. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

And sold their best striker to their "supposed rivals"

Nig, gelders pie, rooch 3 and 3 others like this.
  4. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Very true.

He made the fatal mistake of believing the media, about the team ...

... then made the title race all about himself.

He just wasn't stable enough and Ferguson wiped the floor with him.

Nordic, Young Ted, DH4 and 6 others like this.
  5. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Then sued the club. Took money away from the club. They ignore this when they praise him.

Young Ted, ISOE II, Nig and 2 others like this.
  6. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Of course they do, it would put them in a bad light. It's the same with Bobby Robson, hounded him out of the club and then decided to build a statue of him when he died. ****ing hypocrites the whole lot of them!

SnakeEyes, Daz, Young Ted and 9 others like this.
  7. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh> Correct.

C Montgomery Burns likes this.
  8. C Montgomery Burns

C Montgomery Burns Well-Known Member

They live up to their nickname, magpies, attracted to shiny things, no matter how cheap they actually are.

Keegan. To be fair he was a top class footballer, twice European Footballer of the year with a good career. However they had him for two seasons at the end of his career as a player when he was past it as a top flight player. He knew it himself, which is why he quit when they got promoted. As a manger he blew a 12 point lead at the top of the league. Tactically hopeless, his successes as a manager relied on him having a large cheque book at his disposal to buy the best talent he could at that level. The image of him cocking up as England manager against Romania at Euro 2000, totally lost, tapping the England badge because he had no tactical idea is long remembered by most English fans.

Rafa. The over the top adulation of the bloke was outstanding, despite him touting himself for other jobs. You'd think it was some great coup getting him, not that he'd been sacked off his last three clubs and that his best achievements in his career were nearly a decade earlier. And it's not like he's been a great success since leaving them.

Sir Bobby Robson. A very successful club manager, they almost seem to parasitically feed off what he did at other clubs and England, ignoring him they treat him towards the end of his career. I worked with a couple who for two years beforehand wanted rid of him, though denied now.

With both Rafa and Robson, they bask in the reflected glory of what they did as managers with other clubs, not what they achieved with them and rewrite history to make it look better for them, including the memes of the ghost of Bobby Robson looking down on skunk's park saying "you'll do for me".

Mr_B, Nig, ISOE II and 4 others like this.
  9. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

I disagree here...I don't think they live up to their nickname at all.
    Quite the opposite really, they seem to have an aversion to shiny things. :emoticon-0136-giggl

Nordic, cumbrianmackem, DH4 and 3 others like this.
  10. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke:

DH4, TopCat_ and C Montgomery Burns like this.

11. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Absolutely nailed it.

Bobby Robson had a 55 year career in football. He spent fewer than 5 years associated with them yet they build a ****ing statue of him? Are you ****ing kidding me?

12. C Montgomery Burns

Totally true mate. But something to stick in their craw, Sir Bobby might have been a Newcastle fan, they were his club, but he was a proud North Easterner. He wanted ALL North Eastern teams to do well. If he'd got the Sunderland job in the late 70's instead of Billy Elliott, as was widely reported at the time, he'd have given everything he had to be a success. If it wasn't for Doug Weatherall talking him out of it, he'd have been our manager in 79/80.

I always remember my dad telling me as a kid when SBR was England manager about a time he'd brought his Ipswich side up here and saying he was looking forward to the game and hoping "his people" would come out in big numbers. It guess it also sticks in their throats that he attended more games at the SOL before he died than at Sid James. Quinny told him that there were tickets for him any time he wanted if he just wanted to watch a match. No fuss, just an invite to a respected man to come and watch a game if he wanted. And he did. Not like the ****ers up the road did to him.

13. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

Mag check list, Shirt constantly on and Sunderland always in their minds. Apart from that, I hope the youngster enjoyed Disney land.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024 at 10:24 PM
  14. ISOE II

ISOE II Well-Known Member

The Chronicle has posted about how they’ll get a new stadium because of Man City playing a Trump card in the court case so they can get round FFP. They’re all lauding a move. None of them now care about the “Cathedral on the Hill” and want away. Imagine if Fat Mike had suggested it….

15. Mikki Disco

Mikki Disco Well-Known Member

could you expand on that bit in bold? Just before my time and would like to know the story

16. C Montgomery Burns

I was only a kid myself, but it was widely reported at the time that Tom Cowie wanted Booby Robson to manage us. At a league managers awards ceremony, Bob Paisley gave a speech criticising Cowie for touting the job to Robson while Billy Elliott was still manager, sticking up for Billy Elliott. As a result SBR, who was tempted, spoke to Weatherall to sound it out. Weatherall talked him out of it by saying what a good relationship he (Robson) had with the Cobbolds who ran Ipswich at the time, what a good team he'd built at Ipswich, standard of life he had at the time and contrasted it to coming to us, a division lower, working under Cowie etc. and him being in the frame to eventually take over as England manager. He basically persuaded him to stay at Ipswich at that time.

Quite a few years ago, well over 20 years ago, Weatherall admitted it in an interview in a newspaper, though I can't remember which one. I'll try and track it down.

Seems strange today, but back then people like Doug Weatherall were highly respected and their opinions carried a lot of weight, not like today's toadies, arselickers and ****e hawks.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024 at 10:19 PM
    Mr_B, Nig, Mikki Disco and 1 other person like this.
  17. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

he changed the name and even the media refused to use it, yet have no problem calling Hull,Bolton,Brentford etc by their ever changing stadium name.

18. Mikki Disco

Mikki Disco Well-Known Member

thanks for taking the time to write that out, first I’ve heard of it

another ‘what if’ moment then