1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Maggies vs Norwich

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Ben 10, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

My word what a load of wet blankets

Is this really it? You are going to cry every goal we concede? Every full 3 points we don't get? When we get a card?

Boo hoo, we may get relegated.

This is not Eddie Howe or the owners fault.

It is Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce's fault with a sprinkling of the players.

The players have appeared to have some positive response. The fans in the ground altar to have heard a positive response.

We just need the posters of this forum to be positive.

2. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Results will likley go out way tonight.. I hope Watford burnnley and saints get thumped.. Gd needs to be closer.

Things could still look alot better before Leicester

Flash likes this.
  3. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Well I’m going to say what a load of positive dry blankets.

When reality is smacking you in the face like a bulls bollocks you don’t turn the other way.

You accept reality and don’t blindly keep going down the same road.

Yes there has been improvements. Yes EDDIE is better. Yes there has been idiotic decisions made by our players.

But we have not won games still and we are still very far behind with an extremely hard run in to nee year.

So I am allowed to be negative as you are positive. I’m allowed to accept the probable outcome just like your allowed to dream.

Im allowed to accept we are possibly getting relegated because of others past mistakes.

We simply have to beat Burnley to stand any chance of survival imo. It’s not a fact. It’s just my opinion.

No other club has ever survived relegation with this fee points at this stage of the season. So I’m being realistic.

And I don’t need anyone name calling me, being nasty or otherwise just because I want to say what I have.

(all the above is directed at everyone no individuals- disclaimer)

4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

I think we’re in a slightly more unique position than all those teams who’ve gone down after similar starts. We’re probably only 3 players from a comfortable mid table side. The likes of Ritchie, Clark, Hayden and Gayle should be let go at any cost in January and replaced with a left back, centre back, defensive midfielder and striker all of true PL quality, ie Zinchenko, Coady, Keita and Origi. If we’re within 6 by the time we start reinforcing it should be a cake walk. We just need a win - Darlow vs Brentford, Clark vs Norwich have dropped 4 points for us. These things even out over a season. I didn’t think we’d win last night so nothing has really changed for me. I also don’t think we’ll beat Burnley. And whilst relegation is still possible, so many teams are going to keep beating each other that it’s still very possible we could get out of it.

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I only saw the end of the first half and all the second half but its pleasing to see that we at least try and play out from the back, even with 10. Thought Joelinton was outstanding but St Maximin and Wilson were pretty ineffective. Understand why he kept St Maximin on as he has the ability to hold on to the ball but there are times you want to yell at him to move it instead of trying to dribble from midfield.

Pleased in the end we held on for a point. Thought they would improve and score more after their goal as we tired.

That was poor keeping from Dubravka - you either catch it or flick it out for a corner. He just palmed it making it easier for their guy to control his cross. Still he made up for it with the save with his legs afterwards.

I am confident if we can cut out stupid defensive mistakes we can start to pick up enough points until Christmas and wait for the cavalry in January.

Flash likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Nothing complicated about last night at all. Clark is a useless **** end of story. We can question Howe picking him of course, but a manager can't legislate for a professional PL footballer having such a massive brain fart. Just moronic. I've said all season he's been playing like the biggest **** of the lot, and last night summed his season up. Lascelles follows close behind in ****ness, and its pretty clear Fernandez and Schar need to be the pairing until January. Schar showed once again the frailties many of our fans are too quick to gloss over. He makes game changing errors and almost cost us the game. Fernandez was superb from the moment he arrived on the pitch. So we need a centre back in January to partner Fernandez. If Howe was thinking he could get by on what we have, he needs to revise that quickly.

Dubravka is such a bonus to have back and made such a crucial save, I'm reluctant to go overboard about his clanger. Very very poor keeping though. You either hold that or make sure you push it tight to the goal line.

Overall I was really happy with the efforts of the rest. Willock was superb for me, I didn't see him having such a disciplined hard working display in him. That gives me hope for the future with him. Wilson is below par, as is ASM. That ****er needs to pack in with chucking his arms up in the air.

Which brings us nicely on to the clear man of the match. What a ****ing effort by Joelinton. Absolutely superb and his efforts for the team were nothing short of excellent. He too would throw his arms up previously and ASM can learn from him in terms of what body language means for the fans, teammates, manager, and opposition. He won so much ball and bought us so much time. To be honest I have to admit, whereas I've championed him for a while now as the best of a bad bunch, I'm now starting to think this guy might be a big player for us. To come back from the adversity in his start is Warren Barton esque.

Lewis and Manq did well last night. Lewis could have been more alive on the goal, and both started to creak towards the end, but I think that can be forgiven after such a tough shift. A point would have seemed a disaster beforehand, but I actually think Howe can use it to galvanise and kick on. We are still in this fight at present. Siege mentality cause every **** hates us being rich and are baying for blood. Stick together and stick it up them. Fans need to stop whining and get on board the survival train. Those in the stadium last night were a credit to the club.

7. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What about me? I woke up at 3am to watch that.

Flash and mickeybnufc like this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

To be honest if I'd woke at 3am to watch Cieran Clark do that after 10mins, I'd probably have got on the next flight armed with a massive stick to hit him over the head with. WTF man, I couldn't believe what I was watching. Felt like I sat down, got all spine tingles from another massive atmosphere, only to have it all ripped apart by an absolute dick head. Fans were class in response though, I love what Eddie has done to St James. Its just gone up a notch.

Schlem Boogerman and JakartaToon like this.
  9. Prince Isak (GG)

10. Prince Isak (GG)

Defensively, the £19.8m-rated flop was poor. Per SofaScore, he lost 62.5% of his duels – five of eight – and failed to make a single tackle, interception, clearance or block whilst being dribbled past once. This shows that he was a lightweight defending his own goal and let Howe down with his attempts to win the ball back off Norwich or to close their players down.

It is difficult to blame Willock for his lack of quality on the ball due to the circumstances at play in the match, but his lack of strength off the ball is a major cause for concern.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Nah another example of stats being utter bollocks. Kid was so smart and had a cracking game for his team. His economic use of movement through positioning suggested the lad has an outstanding football brain inside that head of his. Great performance.

12. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

CaraMatt and Prince Isak (GG) like this.
  13. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

There was a discussion on Radio Norfolk at the time about the Clark/Pukki incident. I think the consensus was that pulling him down at getting a red was better than letting him go through. Of course that assumes that Pukki would have scored, but that probably would have been a 90% chance on Xgoals. The feeling was that being a goal up against eleven was better than being level against ten men. Apart from the fact that Pukki equalised tha was almost proved right.

14. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

In all fairness, our chances of getting a result in that game significantly improved with that arsehole being sent off. Had he stayed on he would have given away at least 3 or 4 clear scoring opportunities.

CaraMatt likes this.
  15. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Haha! We don't get three or four opportunities in a single game.