1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mafia XI - An Unknown Evil -GAMEOVER Town/Anarchist Victory!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Milk not bear jizz, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Tennisball

Sir Tennisball Well-Known Member

Wow are you typing with gloves on Obi Wan? <laugh>

For those of you that don't know, I live in South Africa, so I'm super jealous that you guys have a bank holiday today! I can only think that's why it's so quiet on the thread so far.

So while I'm having a crappy day at work you're all relaxing, I've just spent an hour at HR trying to sort out an issue with an idiot staff member.
    It's 9am on a Monday morning and he decided to rather be playing a game on his iPad while the CEO walked past him, a 35 year old man playing Angry Birds instead of working went down extremely well with the CEO! <doh>

2. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Nothing wrong with a bit of angry birds! I guess you never know when the CEO is on the prowl.

3. Dude, you seem pretty confident that the unknown evil is a mafia team :bandit:

4. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace
    Forum Moderator

Whereas plsying 'unknown evil' game is perfectly fine!

5. Bodacious quoting skills pal <ok>

6. Obi Wan

Forum Moderator

So Bill and Ted are the unknown evil?

7. Mondo <ok>

8. Sir Tennisball

I agree with MITO, ultimately it's a balancing act between information vs not killing innocents.

From a statistical point of view a no lynch vote makes the most sense as we're more likely to lynch a townie than scum on day 1.
    However if the plan is to vote no lynch then we learn nothing from people's actions, which is important for all town roles but especially the Medium!
    Plus you get the added problem that some people won't be online so can't change their vote to No Vote, and you could also have the rogues who decide to lynch someone they've decided is guilty (or they could be mafia saving a mate), we've seen both cases in recent games.

A further complication is that whoever calls for the no lynch vote late on invariably gets accused of trying to save his mafia mate, so it adds suspicion when the person is actually being logical.

So my view is although a no lynch vote makes the most sense, it is very hard to pull off as at least someone doesn't stick to the plan (either accidentally or on purpose), and we don't learn anything.

So I think we should encourage people to vote, we just need to ensure it's not a tied vote due to my reasoning given before.

9. moreinjuredthanowen

note sure the assumption the medium cannot be lynched is right or wrong. there could be another role like a preist or something that protects the medium from death that is unlynchable.

It could be either way

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  10. Sir Tennisball

Just easier to refer to the bad guys that way, but I'll often use Scum to refer to the bad guys as well. <ok>

Super G Ted'inho likes this.

11. Or we could just call them evil dudes? <laugh>

12. Obi Wan

Forum Moderator

Agree with this. No lynch vote is potentially a good way to go day 1, but there is no way everyone eill play ball. As you say, it is sometimes randoms, rsther than intentional tactical votes that can lead to people breaking ftom the pack, whichhthen exposes them as main suspect if things go wrong.

I haven't voted yef as I've seen nothing to go on so far. No idea what roles there are, how many, etc. So no tells yet. Unkess I'm missing some vital clues already.

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  13. moreinjuredthanowen

Yes we have to get some chat going so the voting table will show shortly that IBWT has two ovites and there are afew on one vote. I think that everyone should vote and trying and get reactions and then be ready by the end to no vote if required... I'd rather switch off someone late than see someone i think is innocent swing this evening even if it got me accused.

I think we are in agreement that the tie vote is just too risky today? there could be multiple lynchings. therefore you only find info about one person... so

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  14. The evil dudes shouldn't be doing anything on day one to make themselves stand out. In this game, they could stay hidden for a couple of days IMO

15. Sir Tennisball

I started off by doing this when I first read the OP and guessing what the evil teams could be, but I figured I'm more likely to be barking up the wrong tree MITO.

You're experienced at balancing games to ensure the setup is fair so once you have further info you can let us know what you think, if I were to guess I'd say there are probably around 13 town and 5 bad guys, or 14 vs 4. Hence my concern about multiple lynching on night 1, as we're bound to lose further people to kills and recruitments if they are possible. I guess we'll have a whole lot more info tomorrow, I hope we have a few investigative roles that hopefully hit some of the bad guys tonight.

16. Anything we do today will be considered gnarly because we don't anything about the game!

ATM I'm not even thinking about who could be innocent or part of the evil dudes crew, I am purely looking at whether lynching someone would benefit or hinder the evil dudes!

I think we need a clear plan as to which way we go...

- if its a mafia type team we face then killing a innocent in the lynch will help them
    - if it is a zombie/vampire type team then lynching people perhaps won't help depending on infection ruling etc (not had time to infect anyway but nor do we know the night order although I'd be surprised if lynch wasn't first)

What other teams could there be? Have we ever considered anything else?

17. Not if it is a vampire / zombie team, they grow at faster pace with each passing night. Potential growth rate is...

Day 1 = 1
    Day 2 = 2
    Day 3 = 4
    Day 4 = 8
    Day = 16

Milk as already said he miscalculated and that there is a chance that it could go beyond day five although unlikely.

The stuff I've read so far from others fits in well if the evil dudes are Mafia but not if they are vampire/zombies.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

I will be throwing ideas out but everyone has to think for themselves. I would be looking for poeple to do that.

There are 18 players. I would say there is probably 13 town as you say. I think its hard to say from OP how many bad teams. There is certainly one but could be two.

After that there's a low of potential set ups.

2x 2 man teams with recruit power (leaves 14 town)
    2x 3 man teams with no recruit (leaves 12 town)
    1x 4 man team with recruit or without. (leaves 14 town)

Theres room in two of those for one non aligned player and perhaps the can't be lynched points to that?

12 town at start sounds far too light to me. Its still a big leads but if the evil teams have kills then the number could be 9 v 3 v 3 day 2... but then again...... milk says its going to end by day 5.

So it could be any of the above.

19. Sir Tennisball

Well there are only a few people online and posting but it seems like a few of us agree on the no tied vote for today, we'll have to see what other people think later on.

I guess it's too early to start picking on guys for being quiet but I really hope that since this is only a 5 day game people contribute and all post at least every now and then. Too often we've killed off the talkative guys and then the game stagnates because only a few guys are active, and then we run out of useful info. Trust me, I know all about making bad calls based on limited info! <laugh> #CopOfTheYear

So no real info to go off yet, so I'm going to vote for Tobes for the lynch, I will in all likelihood change my vote later when I have more info. He's usually pretty active but has been fairly quiet except for an earlier vote. Not much info to go on Tobes! <laugh> My next choice would have been one of the inactives, I'll probably change to one of them if they're still inactive later today.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

I didn't even consider the prospect of a zombie style issue. A hunt for undead zombies would be the last thing we need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.