1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mafia III: Day 2

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by RoadRunner, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

Night-time adventures....

DHCanary woke up panting and sweating after several horrible nightmares involving giant sharks and poisoned pancakes. It was still late at night, so he went for a stroll to clear his head. He decided to check up on his friends even though it was clear jonnybaws could do nothing to them from inside a shark's belly. Most were sound asleep, but El_Bando's room was completely empty. No sign of a struggle or anything, so he moved to the next cabin and charged through the door and immediately covered his eyes. Evidently he wasn't the only one who woke up panting and sweating. "Oh, geez!" squirmed DHCanary uncomfortably, "Hi BLS........Hey Heidi. Listen bro, have you seen El_Bando? He's missing."

BLS was about ready to kill him. "He's at the bloody nightclub you fool!" he yelled, referring to the ships onboard nightclub.

"Thanks! Oh...and nice work bro," DHCanary grinned, giving him the thumbs up. BLS facepalmed a facepalm worthy of ten thousand facepalms.

DHC hurried to the nightclub exploding with doof doof music, where he ran into a familiar face: Jaime Alguersuari doing his crazy DJ stuff. He walked up to him, "Hey Jaime, good to see you again. New haircut? Cool, listen, have you seen El_Bando anywhere?"

"DHC!" He yelled excitedly (they both drove for Not606 F1 last year), "Yes, i see your friend. Hammered he was 'cause he was DJing with me! Not very good. Went to bathroom ages ago, haven't seen him since."

He hurried past Alguersuari (he never liked him anyway after Jaime refused to let him through one practice session) down to the stairs on his left to find the toilets with a horrible stench coming out of them. Sure enough, El_Bando was hunched over the toilet in his cubicle surrounded by EMSC's missing blow-up dolls, but they were all bloody. El_Bando had had his head bashed in with blow-up dolls! He heard footsteps behind him as most of the group (except BLS obviously) had seemingly followed him here.

"My dolls!" cried EMSC, "Don't judge me..."

They stuffed El_Bando's deceased body into the toilet and hit the flush button and they watched as he went down the toilet and silently but mutually knew that this wasn't over yet....

REMAINING PLAYERS:
    - DHCanary
    - Julius Caesar
    - di Fredsta!
    - BrightLampShade
    - MaxWhiplash
    - EternaMSC

Notes:
    - It's the day cycle so now you can all argue about who's suspect, who isn't, etc, etc.
    - Players, remember to vote (only once!) with a post containing "Vote: xxxx" nice and obviously. If you wish to change your vote, please edit rather than post anew.
    - Sorry El_Bando, you can't post in this or subsequent day threads, on account of being dead. Feel free to rage beyond the grave in the discussion thread, but please don't say anything which indicates a potential killer. Dead people can't name names.
    -
    This thread will be locked once a player has been lynched and the night cycle will begin again.
    - Please note that nothing in the story is a true reflection of any individual player or events and should not be taken seriously with regards to voting.

2. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Thanks for painting an innocent picture of me. Will work wonders I am sure.

3. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

....well, what a way to go..... <ghost>

4. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Quiet today, everyone making an effort to stay under the radar? As for how i see it, well i didn't really think it was Jonny or ELB so nothing major has changed from my thinking in the last thread. It's still hazy, but EMSC and Fred stand out the most at the moment as possibilities, though i wont vote without seeing a little more.

5. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

These two seem quite likely to me too: Fred because last night he was encouraging everyone to split up in the story and has been playing a bit too nice generally; EMSC I thought about too but would he really be so obvious as to gang bang Bando to death with his dolls? Hmm...

6. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So El_B is dead :(
    Lets look at the options:

-Killed randomly
    -Killed because he looked like the Dr or Cop
    -Killed because he was getting to close
    -Killed to frame someone

Will look back at past posts and see what I can find for the last 3 options. Sound reasonable?

7. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

Alright, seeing how i'm one of the suspects.. I'm going to vote
    EMSC, sorry, but it has to be done.

8. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

-His name was top of the list yesterday, only reason for random other than totally random
    -El_Bando didn't really say much in the last thread and engaged only with Eternal (but then that was likely as Eternal posted the most)
    -Didn't really out anyone, was way held back compared to others
    -If it was a framing I'm not sure who

9. Max Whiplash

Why was everyone following DHC? It seems BLS has an alibi (Sorry to hear you just split up though, BLS - but great news about tour ticket sales!)

10. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

Had to loose Heidi to, she was cramping my style :)

11. Max Whiplash

What can I say? Seal's sloppy seconds

12. Max Whiplash

Bando did finger EMSC, so to speak, in the last round: motive?

13. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

I thought cruises were refined :p

14. di Fredsta!

You would have thought being 2013 there'd be CCTV, just look at the cameras to see whodunnit!

15. Max Whiplash

Well we can't all pull Heidi Klum!

16. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Max, before you get too carried away, the story doesn't actually reflect roles at all. People weren't following me because I'm the cop (for example!) and the blow-up dolls don't necessarily mean EMSC is a killer, it's just a way of announcing a death.

RIP El_Bando, may his bludgeoned head forever haunt us all as it disappeared round the U bend.

Back to deducing, we've got left:

- DHCanary - Well I know I'm not a killer at least, so it narrows it down to 2 from 5
    - Julius Caesar-Not a lot to say so far. Went for di Fredsta as a killer early on, whose Day 1 monologue did seem a little keen, so I can kinda understand it.
    - di Fredsta!-Very active, and keen to blame others which seems odd. However, survived the night, so maybe the killers didn't feel threatened by his monologue?
    - BrightLampShade-In the same category as JC for me at the moment, voted the same way too, no reason to judge.
    - MaxWhiplash-No idea. Pretty active, possibly moreso than usual, but it doesn't exactly mean guilt.
    - EternaMSC-The only person to vote EMSC last round was El_B, who is now dead. Interesting. Also seemed very keen on Day 1 to see blame apportioned, and trying to convince others to fire the first shot would suggest he's keen to blend with the crowd, to me a hallmark of someone trying to avoid suspicion.

So at the moment I've no real reason to suspect JC or BLS, and only slight grounds to blame Max. That leaves EMSC and Fred. Fred went in strong to begin with, which is an interesting tactic as it means you'll take some heat, but if it works you've got people on your side. EMSC is the only one I've got a real reason to suspect, as El_B was the only person to vote for him and ended up dead, so at the moment...

Vote: EternalMSC

It's interesting that we've had no signs of the cop or doctor yet. I did kinda wonder if di Fredsta! begging to be saved was a way to hide that he's simply saving himself, or a way to make the doctor waste their chance and save a killer by accident. I wonder if one of the quieter players (JC and BLS) are the cop, as they've so far only had 2 chances to gather evidence. If I was cop I'd want to lie low until I'd got both killers correct, because showing your hand too soon is bound to put you next in line, when there's no guarantee the doctor is either alive, or believes you. Seeing as the first investigation is nearly random, I'd guess they investigated Eternal or Fred last night, with the other to follow tonight if they survive. Last night, BLS and JC both voted for Fred, so if either of them really changes their tune (or were particularly certain in their choice) it could point to them being the cop.

So so far I seem to think Fred, Eternal or Max have a chance of being killers, but equally Fred could be the doctor. I'm currently thinking that JC or BLS are the cop (assuming all roles are still alive).

17. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

I would like to admit I am the cop (forgotten I could do so), I have investigated BLS, Jonnybaws and Paco Montoya, all of which are/were innocent.

:police::police::police:

El Bando voted for me, but why would I make it so obvious as to murder him because of it, a bit childish to say the least.

The Killers could either be DH, Di-fredsta, Max or Julius, and as an attempt at getting rid of one for good I vote Di-fredsta.
    He seems very abrupt and a bit rattled in the above post.

This may be my last post, the killers try to knock me off because of what I have said, or try to double bluff you and keep me alive, or you may kill me by voting.

As I have said before, it will be your loss.

Because I am the hero that Not606 deserves, but not the one you need right now...and so you will hunt me...because I can take it...because I am not a hero...I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight

please log in to view this image

18. di Fredsta!

Day 1: 1 investigation
    Day 2: 1 investigation

How have you got 3 investigated or am i getting things wrong here?

AND, you said yesterday that jonny was someone you thought was not innocent, surely as he died night 1 you'd have investigated him day 1 and then knew he was innocent while you blatantly lied to us saying you think either max or jonny was the murderer.
    You are getting yourself in a trap here, my vote definitely stays at EMSC

19. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> I think I've made my mind up who I'm voting for!

There has only been 2 nights (as only Paco and El_B were killed in the night), so to investigate 3 is pretty good going. I'm also now wondering whether slipping BLS in there was an attempt to take suspicion away from him (not that there was much to begin with), or whether it was simply a case of picking another name. Hmmm. It's not going to change my vote anyhow.

20. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jonny was investigated through the medium of lynching i suppose. He did also mention when Paco died that the person he thought it was had died, so the idea of him being the day 1 investigation is plausible enough.

That said the whole thing looks a little desperate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.