1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Madeline McCann

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by jeffranger, May 6, 2017.

1. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

I see it's been in the papers a lot recently due to the anniversary of her disappearance, yes I feel for the parents but it winds me up,I feel they are to BLAME for what happened,
    Who it there right mind would leave a young a young child alone especially in a foreign country while enjoying a night out!
    I go abroad with my daughters family & the grandchildren are never out of our sight, the money spent in trying to find her is way over budget, another thing is you get people coming forward 6 to 12 months after the tragic event saying I saw something like a man or woman with a young child looking odd, why leave it that late for christs sake, just don't get these people.

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

If it had been a Sharon or Tracy from a council estate they'd have been crucified but because they are 'professionals' they get sympathy, it's very much the 'norm' in the way people are judged particularly by the press...

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Do you not think that the McCanns beat themselves up everyday, and will do for the rest of their lives even if she is found safe, for leaving their kids? I can't imagine the guilt and shame they must continually feel. If your grandkids escaped your hawk like gaze for a few seconds and one disappeared, would you say 'let's give up looking it's costing too much' after a few weeks? Would you say to people 'if you happen to remember something, however vague, that may be relevant, don't bother telling us if a few months have past'? At the very least the search must go on because the person/people who took her are still out there and could do it again.

Your post shows a staggering, and rather sad, lack of empathy.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    bobmid, rangercol and Stroller like this.
  4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I hope she's found as that's another person who is a better right-back than Perch for next season.

5. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

I didn't say give up looking, as regards the cost, there is s lot of wasted money given to wrong people in trying to find her, lack of empathy nah.

6. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Agree. A post and thread in poor taste. If there is anything negative to say, it's that thousands of kids disappear across the world every year and they don't get the coverage that a cute Western kid does. That's not the McCann's fault. The fault there lies with all of us.

sb_73, GoldhawkRoad and durbar2003 like this.
  7. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Delete this thread.

8. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I won't have a go at the McCanns because I feel they've suffered enough. But I do feel too many public funds have gone on this case, and not enough on other cases where children go missing.

And I'm tired of reading front pages on the newspapers claiming the police have exciting new leads for Madeleine which come to nothing. If there's something substantial for them to work on, let them do their job, otherwise keep this off the front pages (although the McCann's have huge amounts of money to spend on PR to keep it there).