1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MA - 'We Haven't Spoken to Anyone'

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

What is it with Ashton and Appleton?

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Nothing, it’s not happened before at AG and won’t happen here

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

We’ve been linked to him before.
    I wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s the ‘last’ person I’d want, but I’d echo Rob’s description of ‘uninspiring’.
    He’s done well at Oxford and Lincoln, but those are completely different challenges from the Championship.

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Ashton - Appleton
    Cider maybe? Ashton Press.
    Didn’t they both work together at Oxford for a while?

5. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I won't understand if many are up for that. but this sort of appointment would not surprise me in the least...Rubbish from the rubbish,.... but It's what we do. Uninspiring is an understatement.......but so has all the managers that we've been linked with so far..I'd rather let Dean Holden have a go!!

Redprintt likes this.
  6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Been offline for a few days. Was the Steven Gerrard rumour just a wind up ? He was apparently seen at Bristol Airport last week suited and booted.

7. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I cannot believe SL would countenance this, especially when the reason he fired LJ, was that he didn't feel he could deliver the vision he had for City
    If Ashton has it in his contract or can convince SL to give him final sign off on who comes in, and he brings in his 'old mate' Appleton and it all goes wrong, SL surely HAS to fire MA as well?

I wonder what the target for the new manager will be and in what timeline. LJ had a different brief, he had to stabilise the club, then establish the club in the Championship, with the aim of getting to the Premiership, all in 5 years, as well as being part of the team that had to overhaul the stadium, training ground etc, he achieved all bar one of those in 4 1/2 years....
    The new manager will walk into the club with a great stadium, great facilities and an established top half/play-off flirting club. A lot easier task than LJ had, so I'm expecting big things from the next guy, or, it will all end in tears!

8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

don't think GA will be coming ...unless we do another LJ hit … ! WYCOMBE or City? ….. does he potentially want a relegation on his CV?