1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

luv's Good News Network

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Oct 2, 2019.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I hate that the tabloids churn out one miserable story after another or go on a crusade to be horrible to someone so this is the place if you want to know about the good things in the world.

please log in to view this image

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Plumber refuses to take payment from pensioner, 91, and gains hero status

James Anderson, 52, says he’s helped thousands of people in need since closing his private business and re-launching as not-for-profit company, Depher. His generosity came to the fore after a bill was posted online showing he charged a 91-year-old woman with acute leukaemia £0. The father-of-five from Burnley wrote: ‘No charge for this lady under any circumstances. We will be available 24 hours to help her and keep her as comfortable as possible.’

Bumps likes this.
  3. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

I'm waiting?

Ffs

Zanjinho likes this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I've posted something, and no swearing please this is a nice place for nice people.

Solid_Air 2, Sucky and saintKlopp like this.
  5. saintKlopp

No wonder it's empty.

Zanjinho and Sucky like this.
  6. Sucky

My bad, was swearing at myself.

luvgonzo likes this.
  7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

What the **** is this bollocks about?

:bandit:

PS... great work Mr Anderson (does he prefer to be called Neo?)

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

No swearing or negativity moderate yourself!

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Sorry Neo

luvgonzo likes this.
  10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good...ice-find-missing-97-year-old-woman/ar-AAI81nT

A group of junior detectives helped Roseville police find a missing 97-year-old woman on Monday afternoon.

Roseville police posted a plea to Facebook Monday night while they searched for Glenneta Belford.

The search efforts for Belford focused on the Quail Glen and Blue Oaks neighborhoods.

When officers arrived, Roseville police said officers were overwhelmed by the number of people who came out of their homes to search for Belford.

"Kids can make a difference just as much as adults can," said 10-year-old Makenna Rogers, who helped with the search.

A team of five Roseville children phoned in the tip that led to her.

"I just wanted to help," said 10-year-old Logan Hultman. "I like helping, except if it's with chores."

Logan and Makenna grabbed their bikes and their friends, determined to find the woman. But when Logan took a fall from his bike, the team took a break.

"My medic brother helped me," Logan said. "He put some Band-Aids on my wounds."

Logan's brother is a 13-year-old Boy Scout who happened to have a first-aid kit in his room.

Even with the injury, the kids didn't give up their search. After a quick dinner, they got back on the streets, spotting the woman not far from their homes.

"All of us saw this lady walking around and were were like, 'Guys, that's her. That has to be her,'" Logan said.

The team of junior detectives called police, telling dispatchers they found the woman.

"People started surrounding and the cops came," Makenna said. "We were the first ones that found her."

Belford was found safe and reunited with her family.

Police called the friends' actions "fantastic."

"Our dispatchers were a little surprised to hear a 10-year-old on the other line telling us they had found this missing person," said Roseville police Officer Rob Baquera.

Now, the police department has a message for the friends.

"We highly encourage this group of junior detectives to give us a call in about 10 years," Baquera said. "Maybe we can give them a job. They're doing a great job, so far."

An offer one of the friends thinks is pretty cool.

"It's amazing," Logan said. "I had no idea what my future would be until now: a detective."

THE FOOL likes this.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Preston parents stunned as Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp turns up to watch girls' football match

please log in to view this image

Parents watching their daughters play a junior football match were stunned when a famous face joined them on the touch-line.

Sporting his trademark baseball cap and glasses, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp joined mums and dads on the sidelines to watch Ashton Town A.F.C. Ladies on Sunday (September 29).

The Ashton-in-Makerfield team, from Wigan, had been playing away at under-18s league rivals Formby when the world famous manager strolled up to the touchline with his dog Emma.

The Liverpool manager is no stranger to the Deansgate Lane playing fields near his home in Formby, where he watched the girls for around 20 minutes before the half-time whistle blew.

"It was pouring with rain and the park was completely empty. There were only spectators watching the girls play.
    "But across the pitch, some of the parents noticed this tall gentleman walking his dog.

"There were a couple of us that are big Liverpool fans and we were shocked when we recognised that it was Jurgen Klopp.
    "When the half-time whistle went, all the girls started screaming and running to him, but he really didn't mind, he took it all in his stride.

"My daughter was very excited, a few of the girls got individual photos. It's nice he gave that little bit of time.
    "I'm not sure every football manager would have had that reaction. I told he him he was a legend, but he was so modest about it.

"It was fantastic to see him and I wasn't surprised to see him in his Liverpool cap and red jacket. He's Liverpool through and through, that's why we love him so much.

12. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

This is a cracking thread luv, well done.

luvgonzo likes this.
  13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Give it time, I'll probably ruin it with some kind of drunken rant at 2 in the morning at some point.

THE FOOL likes this.
  14. Sucky

15. saintKlopp

We won again.

16. Sucky

Everton lost

Zanjinho likes this.
  17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I suspect you know this already but... Spurs lost too

18. Sucky

Yeah 3 nil to bayern Hove albion

Garlic Klopp and Zanjinho like this.
  19. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

All joking aside...if anyone has any Spurs friends go and check on them tomorrow, it would at least Brighton up their weekend. <ok>

Zanjinho and organic red like this.
  20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Where you been? Nice to see some old faces. Well, you know what I mean.