1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Luton v Bristol City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 24, 2022.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

On balance I’d have rather we’d kept Matty Taylor. At least his wages were much less and he did give a ****

Jiffie likes this.
  2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I agree regarding O'Dowda, he doesn't have the pace to play the position he is being played. Not does it seem he has the confidence? Ever since the contract debacle 2-3 years ago, he hasn't been operating at anywhere near the level of before. I know he has had some injuries, but we need to move him on imo.
    The defence is the issue for me, with CF and NP as former defenders, we are shocking, we conceded far too many goals from crosses/set pieces, nobody seems to know who they should be marking, or when to attack the ball. We are looking better going forward in the last 3-4 games, but we have no chance with the defence as they are now.

AshtonRed likes this.
  3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

We need to keep him until the end of the season IMHO and then if there is no improvement move him on, Palmer, Wells and DaSilva need to be shifted as soon as + Vyner the defence will not improve with him there.

AshtonRed likes this.
  4. Supcon72

Vyner is not the sole issue with our defence, yes he makes a lot of errors, but they all do. Collectively they are all over the shop, and it's a heart in mouth moment every time the opposition come forward.

AshtonRed likes this.
  5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen of the last few games, O'Leary inspires no confidence. Seems slow to get down and hesitant as to whether to come for balls into the box.

Supcon72 likes this.
  6. Supcon72

I tend to agree, I don't see he is better than Bentley as an all-round goalkeeper. I don't know what has happened (if anything) between Bently and NP, but for me, Bentley is a much better option.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  7. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I prefer him to Bents if I’m honest, neither command the box enough or come for crosses, Bents is a better shot stopper, whilst Max is better at distributing the Ball. Bents parries far to many shots, often not even parrying them away from goal, he flaps too much for my liking. Also Max is young for a keeper, will & is improving, while Bents is unlikely to improve. All opinions of course & sure many will disagree.

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The difference is Vyner never does anywhere near enough to cut out crosses or shots, I suspect much of the problem with the other defenders is worrying about where Vyner is and where is the player he should be marking.
    But you make an interesting point I have always thought that there must be a reason why Kalas is still with and not playing at a higher level.

9. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Vyner's may not cut crosses or shots but his biggest problem is he can't turn.
    He's too bloody casual as well.
    Kalaa may not have played in the Prem but we're lucky to have him.

Jiffie likes this.
  10. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

managed to get 3 mins signal and heard weimann score next time was reult at 10.05pm

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Thought Scott and Massengo did particularly well last.
    Doesn't matter a jot but Massengo has a crazy hair style and exaggerated running style.
    Is he our Robbie Savage ?

12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I have no real issue with Kalas, but I find it very strange that especially after his performances in the Euros last summer that we haven’t had bigger and better teams trying to sign him.

13. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

next opponents PNE new loan signing from Villa ...on less than 12 mins goal ....