1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Luton Town v Norwich City.Wed 2nd Dec ko 19.45 hrs

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Bure budgie, Nov 30, 2020.

?

And the winner is

Poll closed Dec 3, 2020.
  1. City

58.3%
  2. Hatters

16.7%
  3. Draw

16.7%
  4. Ref

8.3%
  1. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Next taxi on the rank please<cheers>

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

10 games unbeaten for @Bure budgie but his bogey team Luton stopped the streak.

Does anyone else want to do the next one?

Or is @Cromercanary back on ?

@robbieBB you fancy a go?

Still top <magic><bubbly>

3. DUNCAN DONUTS

For giving us Jamal Lewis Maximillian Aarons and Akin Famewo we'll give Luton that win

zogean_king and mike555 like this.
  4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I vote for Bure, his 10 match run put us top of the table and we're still there after that mess. Luton definitely wanted it more and too much of the time we were going through the motions without conviction.

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

Maybe you should do the next one Rick it's not difficult?

I have absolutely no problem with keeping Bure on if that is the consensus.
    Hell of a run by the new guy .:emoticon-0137-clapp

As long as someone posts one.

If anyone else wants to chuck their hat in the ring ?

6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bure has had a magnificent run...but for the time being, it ended in the Kenilworth Road gloom.
    But he's sure laid down a marker...for whoever fancies having a go for the next match.
    Any takers?

7. DUNCAN DONUTS

It adds an element of competition and fairness, last season someone should have taken the 12 bore to my dead dog run .

<laugh>

8. DUNCAN DONUTS

Let's leave it open and if nobody posts one before Friday @Cromercanary will be back up again

9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

If nobody posts one while we're in the heady
    position of being 'top of the league', then they never will!!

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

11. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

3 - 1 then, 3 - 1 now, it's like deja vu all over again. <laugh> <sorry>

12. mike555

mike555 Well-Known Member

13. mike555

mike555 Well-Known Member

Irrespective whether McGovern was to blame for any of the goals, he does not inspire confidence, which is bound to have a negative effect on the team's performance.

Bure budgie and ThaiCanary like this.
  14. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

The Krul injury has hit us hard because it seems to have unsettled the defence and that has reverberated throughout the whole team.

The key thing for me is whether we can stay with the pack until Krul is back. As long as Pukki, Buendia and Aarons are fit and available, we might be able to pick up enough points to do that, perhaps on the basis of scoring more than we concede. Stieps up top is an experiment that hasn't worked and I hope we don't stick with it if Pukki's return is delayed. I also think we should rest Martin as soon as possible: among all the talk about the kids on the bench, we seem to have forgotten that Martin is basically a kid himself and, good as he can be, he needs to be phased in.

EDIT: One good thing is that there's no sign so far of one or two clubs hitting a run of wins that moves them clear of the rest (Brentford?) and making the rest of us play catch up.

EDIT#2: This post wasn't meant to be an 'attack' on Stieps or Martin or McGovern. I don't think we should attack our own players because basically they're always going to be trying their best and how many of us can say that we shine at our job every day? (I make an exception for Naismith, of course.)

EDIT#3: And we also need Rupp back to get that midfield of Skipp and Rupp.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  15. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

16. DUNCAN DONUTS

Amended Sir

mike555 likes this.
  17. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I agree the loss of Krul has had an impact, however I think the loss of Rupp is more significant, particularly with McLean out and with Tetty not being up to playing more than once a week.

I also agree Martin needs a rest, I would prefer if possible to see him playing every other game.

Stiepermann uor Planchetta up front hasn't worked.

I those that think McGovern is the reason for our last 2 results are dreaming. Krul coming back would really help, but lack of CDM & stiker options if really hurting us. I think we could coe with any 1 of the 3 things, but not all 3.

18. DUNCAN DONUTS

Farke is an incredibly talented coach and has my full backing .

He was dealt a ****ty hand with the enormous injury list so it's harsh to criticise him .

But , it was clear that we had no attacking threat in the past 2 games with Stiepermann up front and I felt he left it way too late to make changes.

After the 3rd went in he should have brought Omotoye on , what was he supposed to do coming on at 85 minutes when the game was lost ?

The goals we conceded from set pieces were also all too familiar I was listening to Leon Barnet commentating and he was saying in real time that the big runners into the box were completely unmarked as we stacked the box and just jumped from a stationary position .

Zonal marking clearly works most games but when it doesn't it appears way too easy to get a free header in .
    Mcgovern doesn't seem confident enough to run out to claim the ball like Krul often does.

19. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I also felt that changes should have been made after their third goal went in. The players we had on the pitch had little chance of closing a two goal deficit. Changing to 3 at the back and pushing Aarons forward helped a bit, but not enough. Omotoye gave us a different presence up front but by then it was already too late. With Hugill and Idah out, we are going to need Omotoye backing up Pukki when he's back and getting more game time last night would have been valuable.

Against Wednesday, with Pukki back, Martin could be rested as Stieperman drops back to his normal position flanked by Buendia and Placheta. DF then has the option of 3 at the back with Sørensen and Aarons moving up as WBs either side of Skipp or keeping them at FB and play a tiring Tettey yet again. I'd go for the former.

20. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Without a doubt our biggest loss is Krul.
    Head and shoulders above any keeper at this level and probably most of the Prem.
    Really surprised how poor McGoverns catching of the ball has been.For an International keeper his basics are poor,his positioning,his authority in the box,his ball distribution,and his goal kicks.I would not put blame for first 2 goals down to him,but he was at fault for the 3rd,faffing around with the ball in the area,where we subsequently lost possesion,and they scored.
    Playing with no No9 was awfull.Steeps is no use up the top.DF should have made changes at half time,and put on Omotoye for Martin and Vrancic for Tettey.
    Will DF alter his approach?I doubt it.
    Still we move on.Hopefully Pukki is fit for Sat.OTBC