1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Luton Town Home

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pack was the best player on the pitch overall - he did everything asked of him.

Paterson got by on determination but he was off the pace - not surprising given his layoff.

Peltier is a good full back but offers nothing going forward - where have we heard that before?

Glatzel will have learned a lot from that game and his replacement Vassell could be a shock signing.

Overall, commited to defence but lacking in creativity through the middle - also where have we heard that before?

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  2. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Yes me . I told you that

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Marlon Pack - henceforth to be known as Trigger?

clingo likes this.
  4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

5. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Alright Dave?

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.
  7. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Got to agree with everything you said there Ninian. We were hanging on to the one goal lead and letting Luton dominate the play. Luton played some decent football in my opinion and should hold their own in this league. They deserved their equaliser, because we sat back, and must be gutted to lose at the end but I'm not complaining. I thought Pack played well and Whyte was a bit out out of his depth but he will improve. Glatzel didn't stop running and will be a good acquisition and Vassell took his goal well with a great cross from Hoilett.
    I agree with your hoofball comment. I noticed that when Bennett wanted to link up play in the second half and go for a return pass along the wing Warnock pulled him back. Joe wasn't happy and he showed it. Can't be having some creativity now, can we?

clingo and BluefromBridgend like this.
  8. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I suppose it has to be difficult for NW not to be entrenched in a style of football that got us promoted before and although we somewhat disproved the addage that you can't win games with out the ball, as Ninian says, other teams will run amok with that amount of possession. Surely we should have learned that sitting on a one goal lead is hopeless for us at any level. Let's at least try to start playing some football and try to bury teams when we've gor the lead. Of course, NW may prove us all wrong again, but even if he does, what then? I'll never disrespect the man, he's worked wonders at the club on and off the pitch. I just wish he could see a slightly bigger picture.

9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Colin has already said this is his last season and that he'll be part of the process for finding a new manager.
    Either we'll have a manager in his own image or a more progressive manager.
    If the latter, colin needs to be transitioning to that approach.
    OR, is his remit to get us up and worry about transition next year, irrespective of which division we're in.
    At the moment, the back 4 are colin old school. Centre mid looks colin old school.
    The front 4 look as if they could play a bit.
    In limbo really.

clingo likes this.