1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lovely Pitch

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Oct 13, 2018.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

And it won't get spoilt much by the ball - it won't spend much time on the surface.
    .... I think it was grumpygit who said that you can't polish a turd. It's a pity that there was so much of it on show today.
    I would love to have some positivity - I'm struggling.

grumpygit and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

So let's get this right, we laid a new pitch so we could play beautiful football, now we have a new pitch, we play football in the clouds...

I'm sure Brian Clough would have advised Scally to have laid the grass up there.

grumpygit likes this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think people are being a little unfair, I thought some of the passing and movement was really good. Ok, it was playing the ball back toward our own goal but it was really flowing football.

p.s. maybe they laid the new pitch back to front.

4. alwaysright

I suppose all the hoofball was because the grass was upside down ?

brb and grumpygit like this.
  5. Gills_Steve

Gills_Steve Active Member

Also, I've noticed that the football league is upside down.

# We're looking good for the play-offs /
    And the Pompey are going down #

brb likes this.
  6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great we're top then.................and we have a lovely pitch.

7. brb

brb CR250

I've given my thoughts on hoofball, many a time over the years. I'm sure you all know how much i love pacey wingers.

Which brings me to a comment i saw on the Plymouth board after our defeat;

'A note of caution though. Gillingham don't attack down he flanks much. How will Conor Grant fare at LB against a tricky winger?'

Which leaves me to say, I heard the supporter coach broke down on the way back, even that had given up on pace!

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

brb that's actually not true in my opinion and I was there. Your players targetted one of our backs because he was having a bit of a torrid time. Taffiri Moore at RB. They repeatedly went down that side and repeatedly got balls into the middle. I have just read something on the beeb football site by your man who says it was embarrassing last night and he was offering those that went a free game sometime in the future. Well just because you lost to Argyle doesn't make it embarrassing. Your side were not in the game that much to be fair but a lot of that was because we played a whole lot better than we have so far this season. I'd almost go so far as to say his comments and offer are a bit on the rude side.

brb likes this.
  9. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

For your team to be trashed by Paul Scally and for him to be embarrassed by the Gills performance is being a little disingenuous towards Argyle's performance, especially in those first 45 minutes.

Argyle have had up to ten players out injured recently....plus their torrid start to the season.....very similar to what happened last season....continually chopping and changing to find a starting eleven.....last night it clicked...we stopped giving every other team a start by stupid mistakes in defence and for you it was unfortunate that you were the team in the way.

I was at your place last May ....we had run out of steam losing important players to injury after a great run to finish 7th......and you put five past us.....you probably couldn't believe your luck.

I'm sure you'll be picking up points on the road again as you did at Portsmouth.....with Paul Scully being embarrassed so easily and giving free tickets away to your travelling fans...will he run out of money....it's surely not that bad.

10. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

No disrespect to plymouth but i think Scally knows Gills have 4 home games coming up and hopes a few more will attend. Plus its a long way to go on a tuesday night. Hope you and us can go on a run like last season.​

11. alwaysright

Watching the Doncaster game - Have they nicked all the grass from Priestfield ?
    Our pitch looks dreadful - I'd go so far as to say that it doesn't seem any better than before we spent circa half a million £££ on it.
    Why can't our 'new' pitch be anything like the Doncaster pitch --- maybe it's the horse manure they use from the nearby race course -- as you know we have to rely on a different type of fertiliser / excrement.