1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lovells head

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Oct 25, 2018.

1. brb

brb CR250

Absolutely itstimupnorth, I believe bar one (who is not a member of this forum) alwaysright is the most loyal supporter i know, but he has certainly been around many more years than the other person i'm thinking of.

I always enjoyed my journeys and exploits across the country with him, sadly though my days of coaches are more or less done, but i always look out for his opinion. If he says we were rubbish (stronger words than that) - i know we were rubbish, remember i've had to sit on many a coach journey home with him on a bad day! However, when we've been good, he's said that too. The only loser i ever found in all this was the linesman, because the lino is a Wan... whatever day of the week it is <laugh>

alwaysright and itstimupnorth like this.
  2. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

May have to comment on this more often
    Lovell s men moving up the table.<badger>

brb likes this.
  3. gioblues

Well here goes again
    Lovell job on the line again. Lose to Scunthorpe and can't see how Lovell can keep his job. Made 5 signings in January but no defenders. Everyone could see we needed a left back and centre half. Now Zak is out for rest of season things get even worse. Will need to bring in a non contracted player from somewhere now. Can the players save his job again ?

4. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

I think somewhat mercifully, I've not been able to get to as many games this season as in previous seasons, partly because I've not been able to arrange my trips to Kent to coincide with home games, and partly because there have been fewer games that are 'local' to me this season. But even as a mostly armchair supporter I've seen the frustration and disenchantment with the systems, or in certain cases, lack of them, that have been used this season.

Steve Lovell is a Gills legend, probably a very good coach, and undoubtedly has the club in his heart, but you have to question his ability to manage a team, and devise effective and deliverable plans on how to set up a team to play against specific opposition. Passion is a creditable asset, but ultimately ability is the determining factor.

What is now worrying are the signs that the players are not committed to the way he wants to play. Or maybe it's Ogilvie.

Saturday is now hugely important, as will next Tuesday. Probably like most supporters I'm not expecting much out of next Tuesday but the performance will be important, and I will be there.

5. gioblues

Yes. Must keep putting this post up:emoticon-0103-cool: