1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Loudest cheer at St Marys

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Libby, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Philboyersboots

Hammond goal against Leeds,first goal back in the championship.And pretty much every second after it!!
    We had returned,what a feeling that first game was.

edit:tears to my eyes just reading that back!

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Should show it to the team and tell them not to blow the effort put in that season.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  3. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Ah, the hope, pride and anticipation of following a team, manager and club that you could identify with, I would give anything to have that feeling back again.

4. Saint

Saint Active Member

Got goosebumps just reading this, what a day that was, announced ourselves back in the league and as other have said such optimism about the future.

5. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

Billy Sharp scoring the first against Coventry. Was a huge roar from the telly and I broke my lampshade punching the air. Ceiling pendant is still hanging a bit loose from that day as some plaster got moved.

Equally Lambert vs Man City on our first game back. Surrounded by Man U fans in a Lincoln Pub, jumped up and shouted spontaneously "****ing Lambert" and got told to say it quieter next time as it was Sunday Afternoon and there were kids in the bar (2 were mine.....oops.)

Lambert v Scotland got a more refined yet still vociferous version of "LAMBERT............GET IN THERE" although the ceiling rose got another shake that night.

Archers Road likes this.
  6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Lambert against Scotland was greeted with the sound of a tear falling from my cheek to the floor.

ImpSaint likes this.
  7. Saints FC 76

Saints FC 76 Well-Known Member

On second thought, loudest cheer could be me when they eventually stop playing 'we are the saints, it's who we are' before every home game.

Lovelocum and It's Only A Game like this.
  8. rednright

rednright Well-Known Member

A few posts have included goals away from SMS so I make no apologies that my loudest cheer and beserker moment was at the scene of the battle of fratton bridge (aka Saint v Pompey 1984 fa cup). Great team and notice the kit...
    Highlights of Saints v Pompey FA Cup 4th Rnd 1984 - Part 1 ...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=9REAzluTKj0
    24/02/2008 ยท Highlights of Saints v Pompey FA Cup 4th Rnd 1984 - Part 2 - Duration: 8:00. Matt Gardner 6,182 views. 8:00. Pompey 0 v 1 Saints 1984 - Moran Goal ...

9. MarchwoodSaint

MarchwoodSaint Active Member

Don't think this has been mentioned. Ok it's not at St Mary' and it's not even a Saints goal but Rickys first ever for England, now that was a goosebump moment. Don't normally shout too much at England goals but that was a screaming running round the room moment!

ImpSaint likes this.
  10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Think it has been mentioned, but I agree with you. It was a wonderful moment resulting in much exultation and dancing. :)

thereisonlyoneno7 and ImpSaint like this.

11. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Remember that well. I jumped off the sofa, so proud. I lost all interest in England when Rickie, Lallana etc left. Its just an inner circle boys club to discuss their next move and big payday.