1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lost Pilgrims next

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Southcoastoldgaffer, Sep 25, 2022.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Keep improving with a couple of serious signings and one or two punts on young players each window. A centre back, a left winger and a striker would be top of my shopping list.

2. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Disappointing to lose but nothings won or lost in September, i still dont think Ladapo is all that, he misses chances and doesnt show any sense of urgency, on the other hand Jackson showed a side to his game i didnt think he possessed so quite pleased with him.
    We have just got to stop giving the ball away in dangerous areas and although their second goal was well taken it was passed straight to his feet by Edmondson i think, Morsy has got to stop kicking people or suspensions will catch up with us, all in all a tough game against a now top of the table side away from home and again some defencive weaknesses shown up especially after subs are brought on, it happened last week and again today, sort it out McK.

3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Was thinking the exact same thing....I would've actually subbed Morsy off after 60 and put Ball in. Morsy was too much of a liability today.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The man is an outright thug....spent the match trying to cripple Randell.....why does he do it....other than that he is a decent footballer.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He clearly ran into the back of the Argyle player....if there was a foul it was against him.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Talking of key players....we had Finn Azaz away on international duty and our top scorer Ryan Hardie never came off the bench....also Conor Grant played a few minutes today...coming back from an injury he picked up last season......one star player we brought in the summer is Mickel Miller....and he is yet to play...having picked up an injury in pre-season....if we have any classy players in our squad it must be Brendan Galloway...who was unlucky to get two yellows last game against Portsmouth....who admitted that they had fooled the ref and got him sent off.....he was pushed at a set piece...he pushed back and the Portsmouth player fell to the ground as if he had been poleaxed....that's when they got their 94th minute equalizer....cheating Pompey.

7. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

A disappointing match to lose, particularly after taking the lead. Sad to see my 2-1 defeat prediction turned out correct, but it reflected my unease going into the match - playing an in-form club away from home, live on Sky, well - it was already written! Both clubs looked a little nervy and careless in possession throughout (not sure the kit choices were the wisest to differentiate the two teams), but this was still an entertaining, enjoyable match.

The main concern for me is that this is another 'big name' in-form club int he division where we haven't been able to protect the lead and win the match. It's our first league defeat of the season, so absolutely no need for panic stations and we'll get chances to impress against other in-form clubs, such as Portsmouth at home on the weekend. My hope is that we can evolve from looking like a top six guarantee to a strong, credible automatic promotion team. To do that, we absolutely have to be taking more points off the better teams in this division. It's one of the main issues that beset us during the Paul Lambert years in League One.

Regarding the match, I thought a draw would be a fairer result - on balance. But it was a very strong second half performance by Plymouth and they took their two goals well. We were arguably fortunate to see the match through without going down to ten men, particularly following those first half fouls by Evans and Morsy. You'd think if League One had VAR, Morsy would possibly have seen red. Also, I don't think the 'foul' on Chaplin for their equaliser was enough to warrant chalking off their goal. It was soft and Chaplin ran into his man looking for the foul. All that said, I am glad we actually showed a bit of fight and put in some 'professional fouls' to break up counter attacks. We've come across as a soft touch in League One - so it's good to see the players fired up.

Southcoastoldgaffer and Redruth like this.
  8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Nuggets....A good fair ....assessment seeing your team lost....there was a lot of moaning going on regarding the Chaplin incident just before we scored....but he fell into the Argyle man looking for a foul.....but the Referee had proven all match that he wasn't up to the job.....with my green tints on you could have been down to nine men before half-time.....Morsy must of given the ref a few Quid before the match to be honest.

9. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Being brutally honest, the referee looked completely out of his depth. He was frequently shown on screen losing control and appeared to be shrieking at players on several occasions. I agree we got fortunate - Morsy's yellow could have been a red (well, more likely in the Premier League with VAR) and Evans should have got two bookings (a mistimed challenge in each half). Plymouth also got a bit lucky, with a few challenges that should have been bookings but were ignored by the referee. Unfortunately, at League One level, the standard of officiating is generally quite poor and decisions made inconsistently.

Plymouth continue to look a good side - they were impressive last season as well. Good luck for the season, but I hope we absolutely batter you at Portman Road haha!

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm not sure why you bought Panutche Camara...he wouldn't have fitted into your Sunday team.

We didn't want him to leave....but I think his agent wouldn't let him sign an extention to his contract....so he had to go now so we got something for him.....Mr Duracell Bunny....the man has energy to burn...in the opposition goal mouth one moment...and thirty seconds later clearing off his own goal line....what a motor the man has got.....always happy and smiling and not a devious bone in his body. He loved it at Home Park....hope he does the same for you....just one problem his goal scoring isn't up to the standard of the rest of his game.

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I absolutely agree that the Ref was out of his depth in this one and it is the first time I have ever heard both sets of fans singing "you don't know what you are doing". The Morsy thing isn't could have got it was definately should have got a red. Saw the replay at my drinking hole after the match and his chalenge was disgraceful. Thought we should have had a yellow or two as well so even agree there. The Lino on the Lyndhurst side of the ground {your right from the away end} was probably the worst I've seen and I've seen some bad ones. He missed double figures of offsides and I don't think he gave a decision on anything for the entire match. He even missed a foul from 5 yards when he was looking at it.

Officials apart it was a really good entertaining game which was a first class advert for the League One. The ground was rocking throughout from both ends and the exchanges from the singers was in good part and quite funny at times. I only see home games these days so it is difficult for me to say whether you were the best we have faced so far. You are the best to have visited Home Park so far. It's a long season so nobody can get carried away yet. We have played almost all of the top sides so far so of course the fans are bouyant given where we are but that isn't any guarantee we will be there in another 30 games. Think you will be up there this season but you do need to sort out Mr Morsy. He really doesn't need to bring your standards down. As for Camara well to be honest we actually don't miss him even though we all thought he was great here. Whether he can do it for you remains to be seen but you have to forgive him a little when he cocks up and he will do that. The next game he will blow you away. If he was consistent he wouldn't be playing in league one though. Just make sure you give Postsmouth a good kicking before you sort your man out.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  12. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

The thing that concerns me, is that we have a team full of experienced players, some which have played at a higher level, but, when it wasn't going their way, decided to just try and kick lumps out of the opposition. Morsy, Evans, Edmundson...behaved like a bunch of entitled spoilt rich kids.
    Will never happen, but i would drop Mosrsy for Ball next game.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  13. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

You are so illiterate greeny, that you can't even spell Portsmouth <doh> What a sad little berk you are <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Is that your best joke and response Woopy? People who resort to typo pointing or even grammar or spelling mistakes are a little sad themselves don't you think. Still, if it gets you off then I won't complain too much you do need something in life.

15. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Nah ! I called you a sad little berk, mainly because of the crude comment you made to fellow football fans "Just make sure you give Postsmouth a good kicking before you sort your man out".

A rather childish inflammatory comment from an ex-sailor don't you think ? Still, that probably sums up your outlook on life...........

16. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Take your petty squabbles elsewhere please lads,they're of no interest here!

17. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Fair comment Bigal, but I must point out that greeny started it off with his disgusting inexcusable comment :emoticon-0127-lipss

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Sorry about that folks. I will leave you to it.