1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Los Zorros contra Los Santos 20th Agosto ko 15.00

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by San Tejón, Aug 16, 2022.

1. SaintInKuwait

SaintInKuwait Well-Known Member

I’m so glad we won today. I think another loss would have turned the mood again. It’s frustrating because I feel like anyone should be able to see that this is something interesting and ambitious that’s happening here but it needs time and patience still.

2. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I was reluctant to post my prediction on this thread as I had a funny feeling that we would beat Leicester. I listened to the commentary on Radio Solent whilst at the Winchester game and it seems like a terrific performance; effectively picking up on where we left off in the last twenty minutes against Leeds.

It is quite intriguing to see how the league is shaping up after three games, not so much from the point of view of where teams might end up in May, but from the kind of stories which are likely to feature prior to the start of the World Cup. I remain convinced that Rodgers will end up walking away from Leicester. Too many of his better layers want to leave and you wonder just how much appetite he will have if the results remain the same. This will look like a brilliant result for Saints on August but i am wondering if by May we will be just one of a number of teams who have taken three points at the Walker's Stadium. They will be in the relegation mix come April / May.

timatoketchup likes this.
  3. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Meh, every fanbase has morons. I don't really care what they think TBH. I don't agree with a lot of posts on here, but I don't doubt that we all care passionately about Saints and I hope we can now all see all the new signings have made a huge difference already. Baz didn't make a lot of saves but he was really good at commanding his area. I think him, Sally and ABK are going to be key for us.

4. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

The difference in our play before and after our subs came on was stark and show to me why Che and Stuey should start. They are our best link up players and the team create more with them on the pitch, notwithstanding their goal threat.

sfc and Osvaldorama like this.
  5. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

I'd imagine that Che would have started if he wasn't a bit injured. Mara looked pretty bright too, though; I'm quite intrigued by a Che/Mara front line.

SaintsFan86 and Saints_Alive like this.
  6. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

7. LincolnSaint

LincolnSaint Well-Known Member

He's gone from playing in league 1 (less said about the better) to making a step up to the PL. He's made some smart saves and looks like he's got huge potential. He's 3 games in for ****s sake.

We've just won 2-1 away to Leicester and people are moaning? Twats

sfc, Tupac, AberdeenSaint and 9 others like this.
  8. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now, you see I don't think it's a coincidence that subs have made big impacts in our last 2 games. Ralph kept Aribo back last week, this week it was Stuey and Che. The bench, with 5 subs now available, is going to play a big part for all teams this season. As stupid as this sounds, starting with all your best players isn't necessarily the way to go.

9. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Ah, the old near-post nonsense so beloved of people who don't understand even the basics of goalkeeping.

10. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

Bazunu;
    KwP, ABK, Salisu, Djenepo;
    JWP, Lavia, S.Armstrong;
    Aribo, Adams, Mara. That would be my team for MU. Probably our strongest team presently.

11. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

12. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There's going to be ups and downs but I'm so glad I renewed my ST.

13. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Given that it's exactly the players I posted prior to this match (save for Djenepo in place of Perraud), I can't really disagree!

SaintsFan86 likes this.
  14. Gregm1988

Gregm1988 Well-Known Member

What sort of things did they say that demonstrated not knowing much about us ?

15. SaintsFan86

Yeah I was abit surprised Moi was picked ahead of Stuey tbh, I wasn't surprised by Adams because or the knock.
    Djenepo doesn't really deserve to be dropped, in fact he has been one of our best players all pre season and season start.

Saints14 likes this.
  16. SaintInKuwait

SaintInKuwait Well-Known Member

I think that team picks itself at the moment but what’s really exciting is adding in a fit Tino to that mix, or Garner, or this mystery CB, or a record breaking Portuguese striker. There are finally going to be genuine competitions for places all over the pitch. For ages it’s been like we’re trying to find our least terrible player for many roles. There could be so much exciting talent here if all this comes off.

Surrey_Saint and SaintsFan86 like this.
  17. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Just got back home, cracked open a beer and ordered the curry to celebrate
    Agree with the comments already made, special mention for Djenepo who I have never rated but my goodness he had an excellent game today
    Ralph’s subs changed the game completely and when Leicester sat back to defend their lead they played right into our hands
    Met my Che source at the game, he didn’t train this week as he was up at Everton sorting out his move but Saints holding out for a realistic fee which Everton can’t/won’t pay so Che isn’t a happy chap because he will get a significant pay increase if/when he goes. Sorry!

18. SaintsFan86

Agreed completely, if the signings come off that the board want, Competition for places too is going to be great.

19. MarchwoodSaint

MarchwoodSaint Active Member

Can't wait to hear what LineAcre has to say on MOTD tonight about his beloved Foxes

Saints14 and manxsaint like this.
  20. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Relegation fodder, terrible start to season, no idea about our transfers in.

Saints14 likes this.