1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Looks like it's a goer...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TwoWrights, Sep 22, 2022.

1. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Wife asked me who I’d take then frustratingly I was in auto mode and said her !!

2. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

Depends what part they are going to. It is quite mild on the Mediterranean coast part.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That is where we're going.

Obviously it won't be as warm as summer, but it also won't be as cold as the UK is in December.

4. springtiger

The C word to be honest but then half the posts on here would be missing . !!

5. springtiger

and ‘ lanyards’ because I’m sat in what’s left of HOH watching people go by and most of the workers have one . Because thieving gits couldn’t be kept out of office and other buildings , so you need swipe cards and your name on . What the f***’s happened to this country .
    I’ll wait for the younger correct ones to come back and tell me it’s all acceptable and justified !! Am I grumpy today - no City game to offload on . Sorry if I’ve diverted a fun thread

6. springtiger

Oops two on the wrong thread
    Pet hate idiots who post on the wrong thread !!

TwoWrights likes this.
  7. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Only if you don't switch your oven on!

8. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Totally guesswork, feel free to correct any glaring inaccuracies:
    Assume 8000 pre 2017 members. Maybe 6000 over 18? 2000 unavailable (no passport, busy etc) leaves 4,000. Two entries each leaves 8,000
    4000 members post 2017, say 3000 over 18. If 1000 are unavailable that’s a further 2000 entries.
    Total of 10,000 entries into the draw.
    160 places, so each entry has a one in 1.6% chance of winning.

So I’ve a 3.2 % chance of winning a place. Better than some lotteries, but I aren’t ordering my lira yet.

9. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

The rate both currencies are dropping it is a bit of a lottery when to change your money

10. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I'm not eligible because a family member is an employee, but I would like to see people like Simon Gray or Trevor Pearce invited on the trip. Everyone knows Simons credentials, or should do if they support City, Trevor maybe lesser so. I know he had run up something like 400 consecutive City games, home and away and that was before we got into the Premier League and he is still a regular today, even at Under 21 games. Then there is Tom Lee, the longest serving City fan I know, he was going away to watch City before the Waggy era, often hitchhiking. I know he worked for the club during the Fish era, and never ever got paid or offered a free ticket and he is still a regular fan today, often with his grand chlidren. Another one is Wally Jude. I first met Wally back in 1970 when I worked in the foundry with him at Ideal Standard, he was selling City 'fireside bingo' tickets in those days to raise funds for the club. He eventually worked as a steward, often at North Ferriby too when City Under 23's were there and today Wally is a commissionaire on match days. That's well over 50 years' service to the club and in my mind it's people like those four who should be first on the plane.

11. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Bit ****ty that you can't apply because of the family member circumstances? Maybe he'll take some employees and their partners?

I'm hoping for a 'Jock' wildcard entry,if I'm successful I'll be taking my significant other...She'll make the best of the free bar tab:emoticon-0148-yes:

Howden Tigress likes this.
  12. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

Good call on those four, and there’s probably hundreds more, including you we could nominate, but we all know the ones selected will be the suck ups, the sycophants on social media, the Botanic lot, the Twitterati that tag Acun and the club 20 times a day, the Instagram ****ers, et al, but the good lads and lasses that have put 50 years in will be left at home because we won’t look good on camera in Acuns documentary being filmed ahead of a Turkish Netflix type release next year.

I hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it

13. steverico

We don’t want Jocks going because the bars won’t stand the pace.

TwoWrights likes this.
  14. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

anywhere on the Mediterranean coast is winter is perfection, i dislike the high summer heat but dislike the cold gray uk winter

15. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

My experience of the Mediterranean coast in winter is maximum temps of 10-12 C and colder at night. Hardly holiday weather. A Mediterranean Climate has winter rainfall.

16. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

perfecto

17. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Been to Antalya many times. The people are friendly and the place is very nice. As a Twitterati sycophant with 52 years service to the club I will obviously tell Acun to stick his all inclusive week up his arse. Also as a very photogenic Netflix type individual I will take great pleasure from not being involved in this total charade. Then again I may go against all my principles and accept my Chairmans kind offer and enjoy the week

18. springtiger

I’ve done 61 years as a super fan and I remember ‘Jock ‘ going with us in a few coaches in the seventies ! Maybe I’ll be lucky

19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

They definitely should be there

I won’t be applying so that gives them a bit more chance
    As Rico said I couldn’t stand the thought of been stuck for a week with a load of ****ers

20. steverico

You can’t help being a ****er