1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

London's most successful club add yet another trophy

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by PINKIE, May 30, 2015.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

and they did it with Flair and Style <ok>

Setting a new record en route.

Arsenal - Kings of London

NLDISRED likes this.
  2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Sounds like you're celbrating in style

3. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

History made, and in magnificent style, didn't have to bore everyone to death.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

please log in to view this image

Treat Williams likes this.
  5. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

At least Carragher can shut the f--k up now.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

There are a few others who need to button it too now.

It's great to see London's most successful club setting new records for trophy haul in the FA cup and doing it all without having to rely on a sugar daddy to buy it all for us <ok>

7. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

next year the FA Cup is to be renamed the Emirates FA Cup - seems like it has happened a year early

PINKIE likes this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Also congratulations to Wenger who is a record breaker with a 6th FA cup trophy under his belt.

A vindication for the great man and credit to Arsenal, unlike those clubs who chop and change their managers at the drop of a hat.

9. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Afaik he is also the only manager to win back to back FA Cups on more than one occasion :)

10. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Congrats. 12 wins & AW has 5 (if I´m not mistaken) :emoticon-0148-yes:

11. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Wenger has 6 FA Cups, having won six of seven finals he has taken us to! And he's the only manager to win back to back FACups on two different occasions. :)

PINKIE likes this.
  12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Congratulations and well played Arsenal, but do you think you would have won fewer trophies since 2004 if you had changed managers?

Are two Cups really a vindication of Wenger or the Wenger in crowd, or PISKIE's posts on not 606.
    Would you rather: one manager for a decade and two Cups.

Or say, five managers like Barca and seven titles and four European cups.

Or more realistically, three managers and two titles, one European cup and three or four domestic cups which is what arsenal would have hoped for maybe in 2004, trophy-wise (either with Wenger at the helm Or multiple coaches )

Arsenal fans believed they would dominate for years with Vincibles, new stadium and FFP.

Would you really have settled for two cups 11 years ago and said those cups vindicated 10 years without ?

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  13. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Given the financial situation of the club during the trophy less period I think Wenger did well, he kept us in the top four every season which no other club has done. And football is a game of fine margins. Since 2004 Wenger has taken us to the final of every cup competition, the CL, FA Cup and League Cup. So whilst a couple more trophies would have been nice Wenger gave the club the stability and consistency it needed during a tough financial period and overseeing our new stadium move. I don't think there are many managers who could have matched Wengers record at Arsenal over those years tbh.

NLDISRED likes this.
  14. BITKOSB

BITKOSB Active Member

I'm assuming this is a 'Wenger in' week?

I guarantee he would swap all 6 of those F A Cups for one big ears just for European recognition but alas only Londons finest has one of those in the cabinet. Ashley Cole won the European Cup.jpg

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Whoever was at Arsenal during the period where we moved from Highbury to the Emirates was going to struggle. The club have made no secret of the fact that without a sugar daddy, we would have to pay our own way and that meant almost o decade of frugal times. Coupled with Chelsea and City spending almost £1bn each of rich benefactors money on their squads, then it's no wonder that Arsenal struggled to win trophies.

That said, my personal opinion is that Wenger steered us through one of the most challenging times at our club, almost won the CL in the process, managed to keep Arsenal in the top 4 whilst Liverpool and the Spuds tried to spend their way into it and has now started to deliver trophies once again.

afcftw likes this.
  16. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I'm part of the wenger in crowd regardless of what week it is, he ****s all over any manager Chelsea have ever had ;)

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

His record of getting into CL and out of the group stage is exceptional.

I don't think Jose would have any problems getting top 4 with Arsenal's budget and stability. Of course he would not give you more than three or four seasons. So he would not give you longevity but he would win a league or two with your current squad most likely

18. BITKOSB

BITKOSB Active Member

I'm assuming your still pi55ed fella. Over half your fan base wanted him out prior to your cup win last year. Now it is down to about a quarter. Wenger in, Wenger out, shake it all about. Are you Ty? :emoticon-0140-rofl:

19. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Fair enough but how long was acceptable to win nothing?

10 seasons, 12, 14?

20. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I think Wenger will win a league with this squad. I also think Mourinho would, he knows how to win.

I think Mourinho would have failed dramatically if he was in charge of Arsenal in the trophy less years. He would not have been able to buy his way to success and would have had to sell his best players every year instead of buying the best players every year. It's a situation he has never been in and I think he would totally lose his cool and leave the club within a couple of years. I don't think he has either the class, patience or experience to have taken on the task at Arsenal. We needed someone who would give us stability and consistency on a shoe string, who would prioritise the club and it's long term needs over his individual success and plaudits, which I don't think Jose could do.

PINKIE likes this.
  21. BITKOSB

BITKOSB Active Member

By the way, they didn't 'struggle to win a trophy' they simply won fukc all and now you win an F A cup you have got all giddy again. Even Coventry won it and they are as renowned in Europe as you lot.