1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

London Fire

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Jun 14, 2017.

1. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Is that a Diane Abbot calculation?

2. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Yea make a joke about it, and I'm pathetic

3. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I wonder if the risk assessors involved used this model?

4. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

What's so pathetic? The reason why I'm saying it's a Tory paper is because they usually side with companies who want to reduce regulations in order to maximise profits for big businesses.

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Swansea City Council have issued letters to all 672 flats in the Swansea Tower blocks assuring the tenants that the materials used are of the highest standard and are fire proof, and smoke alarms are hardwired into all flats, seems that the Fire safety is higher in Wales and Scotland than in England, so it doesn't seem as if Swansea council have used this cheap cladding that was used in Grenfell.

Swansea Council delivered letters to 672 flats, reassuring people that "fire safety is paramount"

Completed and on-going refurbishment projects at blocks of high-rise flats in Swansea have only used non-combustible cladding and fixing frames. These works were subject to detailed inspection and approval by the council’s building control department....................<ok>

6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Reassuring but will it be enough for all the tenants .If it was me I'd want visible proof that what they say is correct .

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

BOOM ...Well said <ok>

8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Beyond crass thats all that can be said about this thread .

9. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

What have I or anyone else posted that is crass? Wanting better building regulations, criticisms of austerity measures, what do you think is crass?

10. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Do I really need to spell it out to you <doh> you really can't be that stupid , can you ?
    What's so pathetic? The reason why I'm saying it's a Tory paper is because they usually side with companies who want to reduce regulations in order to maximise profits for big businesses."
    I could have added this to the General Election or the Political Thread but didn't , it seems that you take every opportunity to wave your cock about denigrating anything which smells ,looks or acts like a Tory .You saying that small businesses don't cut corners , Labour , Liberal and uncle Tom Cobly an all run councils and out of the 4,000 high rise apartment blocks how many of those are under those parties control ,theres no one party can hold there heads up after this shameful episode .Since the first high rise building was erected successive governments of all parties have had the opportunity to get this right but chose not to .

neveroffsidereff likes this.

11. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

Suggesting 'austerity measures' had anything to do with the fire safety of that building is pure speculation.

Current building regulations, including fire safety, were drawn up under the last Labour government. It would be easy to suggest Labour OK'd the use of flammable cladding and therefore have blood on their hands, but that would be pathetic right?

12. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Ok firstly,

I stated that it comes from a Tory paper is because they do favour business and want less regulations. Secondly I dare not quote a paper like the guardian because of the obvious political bias.

Secondly,

Building regulations are too lax in this country and this tragedy could have been prevented. When you look at the underlying issue then there are direct correlations to political decisions and the buck stops with the government and their MP's that have ruled for the last 7 years.

"The former Conservative housing minister Brandon Lewis warned against increasing fire safety regulations to include sprinklers because it could discourage house building.

He told MPs: “We believe that it is the responsibility of the fire industry, rather than the Government, to market fire sprinkler systems effectively and to encourage their wider installation.”

He said the Tory Government had committed to being the first to reduce regulations nationwide."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.in...uilding-social-housing-tory-a7790921.html?amp

Furthermore,

"In February this year, ministers posted on a government website details of their ‘anti-red tape’ agenda on new-build properties.

In a separate report fire safety inspections, the Conservatives said, had been reduced for some companies from six hours to just 45 minutes.

The move, titled Cutting Red Tape, was part of the Tory plans to abolish a ‘health and safety’ culture that they claimed was hurting money-making businesses."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro....emselves-for-cutting-fire-regulations-6713967

Now, you can call me all you want but I've got every right to post factual reports that criticise the conservatives and what effects they have on society. Because I feel that it effects us all.

And for the record, yes I despise the conservatives and I don't think I'm the only one.

13. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

So you think that cuts to the fire service has nothing to do with the amount of deaths? I suggest you watch this video.

14. Monty Fisto

The same cladding was used in Camden on the Chalcot estate for the refurbishment of 5 towers from 2006. So who's at fault there in that Labour constituency run by a Labour council in London with a Labour mayor under a Labour government?....must be the tories.

15. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Show me the evidence first

16. Monty Fisto

17. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Keep it civil lads, all of this arguing etc is just causing divisions and animosity, which is what the political elite want.

We should be fighting them, not each other.

18. Monty Fisto

True. Thank god the DUP are there to liven things up.

19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Thank God for the DUP? <yikes>

20. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Last labour government, not this one and I've stated before I detest new labour and thank goodness it's over. They were worse than the Tories.

Furthermore, technology is constantly improving I don't know what the technology was like 14 years ago. Anyway, regardless of political parties, why does it always take human lives to bring about change in regulations.

My main issue with the Tories is that they constantly want to reduce regulations for profit.