1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lockyer for Wales again.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

A great experience for him, playing International football and being in such illustrious company for a few days over in China, It might seem tough for him to come back over to The Mem' following this trip !

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

On for fifteen minutes of the Final, Good for you Tom and playing against the likes of Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani must do heaps for your confidence when returning to div three football.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I wonder whether DC will make someone else captain next season? The ref spoke to Lockyer before Lines got booked for a second time. A stronger captain would have given Lines what for and he probably wouldn't have got sent off.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Chris Lines is an experienced player he was booked he should then have walked away he shouldn't need his captain to tell him to shut up, also noticed it was the same ref who disallowed our goal against Blackburn makes you wonder if he has a hidden agenda.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I dont think Lockyer has been at his best this season. Personally I think the likes of Craig would be a stronger and better leader. He was captain for Millwall and was successful in that role and has bags of experience. Would he have handled Lines differently?????

Lockyer has a lot to learn still and is no doubt a player with bags of potential. He has tasted captaincy with us and he will have a hunger to remain in the Welsh 1st team. I think he should concentrate on his game more and he could do this without the added pressure of being our captain. Vice captain would be great for him and learn from Craig.

Just my opinion of course. Please dont see my comment as me criticising Lockyer. I am not. I think he will grow further now and improve his game without the captaincy for a year or two.

old timer likes this.
  6. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I agree there CJS.
    I believe that it isn't in Lockyers's interest to continue in the captain's role.
    As a teacher, I disagreed violently with tutors who actively allowed students to learn by their mistakes.
    In my view it is much better to guide people in the way that has proven over time to be the 'best way',
    They can learn very well how best not to do things by analysing the mistakes made by others!!
    When I was working in the television industry, a director, who had no interest in football, planned to put a main camera on either side of the pitch. Fortunately someone told him..........

Love the tag line

7. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Tom Lockyer called up for the senior Welsh squad for matches against Denmark and Ireland in the EUFA nations league matches to be played Sept 6 in Cardiff and Sept 9 in Aarhus

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.