1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lloris or Vorm ?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by O.Spurcat, Feb 27, 2015.

1. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

So who will it be on Sunday ? Lloris or Vorm ??

Who should it be ?? Will Pochettino stick with Vorm who has played every COC game so far, or will he turn to Hugo Lloris ??

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's a cup final.
    Hard on Vorm, though his mistake against Leicester mitigates it somewhat, but we have to pick our best team.
    We've got one chance to win any silverware this season and it's this one.

3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I always rated Vorm, but I think that apart from not having enough game time, he's not in Lloris' class. I very much hope that we will go with our strongest eleven. That would include Lloris, IMO.

4. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Lloris is world class while vorm is very good...lloris for me all day long.

5. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Has to be Lloris. Got to go with our strongest team to have any chance and that starts with the goalkeeper.

6. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I always hated the idea of giving a 2nd choice 'keeper a whole competition that they're guaranteed to play in. I hated it when Cudicini played against Chelsea in the FA Cup and I hate it now. If it's what it takes to ensure we have a quality backup like Vorm though? Well I still don't like it :(

I did initially think Vorm was going to play on Sunday and just accepted it but I'm not so sure now. Surely Vorm should've played in one of the Europa League games to get him back up to speed as he's not played for a month now? If he does start tomorrow then I think Pochettino has handled it really badly, although none of that will matter if we win.

7. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

We have to play Lloris, he is our best goalkeeper, tough on Vorm who is very good and has played the previous rounds but Lloris is our best player, you do not leave your best player out of a cup final.

8. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Lloris - if we want to win, we need as many players who win us games on the pitch, and Lloris is certainly one of those players.

9. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

It depends on what was said to Vorm. If he was promised a start in all the League Cup games, he should start. If not, Lloris should play.

10. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

The talk at the club at the beginning of this week, was that Vorm had been told he was playing. However, as the week has progressed, the talk has shifted and the word is that it will be Lloris tomorrow.

As others have said, Vorm is good but Lloris is great. I hope it's Lloris who gets the nod.

11. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

The sentimental part of me says it should be Vorm and it's harsh on him if it's Lloris.

The sensible part of me says we have 1 chance at this and so it has to be Lloris.

12. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I want to win the cup final not to get into sentiment.

Shouldn't even be a discussion.

Chelsea drop Petr Cech who is absolute class..we are looking for sentiment towards Vorm who is not too bad.

That's the difference between winners and losers.

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'm glad Hugo started, in hindsight there probably wasn't much during the game that he could have done better than Vorm or vice-versa but Hugo is pretty much now our captain in my opinion and obviously one of, if not our best player, so in a cup final he had to start, as harsh as it may have been on Vorm.

Speaking of Vorm though, I wonder if he's regretting joining us, I think we were all surprised at his decision in actually wanting to come to Tottenham, knowing that Hugo is first choice and dispossessing him would have taken a miracle but I think Vorm would have expected to have featured in a lot more games. Hugo played in a decent proportion of Europa matches which I think Vorm should have had to have ensured he was 100% or near to it if needed to have been called upon should Hugo have got a knock. I'm remaining fairly optimistic that we may be able to keep Hugo beyond this season, and if that's the case will Vorm want another season on the bench? He's far too good for his current position in my opinion and I wouldn't begrudge him if he sought a move in the Summer - providing we do indeed hang on to Hugo.

14. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I somehow think Hugo could be moving on to a pot hunting team like Barcelona or thereabouts and you can't blame him if he does.I think he's the greatest goalkeeper we've had in years,it's unfortunate he gets a bit jumpy with our defence!

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Barca signed both Bravo and ter Stegen in the Summer, I'd be surprised if they moved for another keeper. Bravo also set a La Liga record at the start of the season, going more than 700 minutes before conceding, so I don't think a keeper would be their priority.

If a club was to move for him, I'd say it'll likely be our best friends, Real. Casillas isn't getting younger and it wouldn't surprise me if they offered a cash plus Keylor Navas deal.

16. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Real or PSG.

17. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Man Utd might move for him, but only if there's any truth behind the Real interest in De Gea, which is probably just agent talk.

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Can't see him going back to France just yet, I'm sure he said he left Ligue 1 to challenge himself in a greater league and since he left there's not been much improvement if at all bar the financial backing of PSG and Monaco.

19. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Barca are banned from transfers aren't they?

20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Oh course they are, completely forgot about that. Definitely rules them out <laugh>.