1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ proving the doubters wrong.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Bigjohnatyeo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Who and where has that been suggested??

We seem to be rewriting history here? I am not gonna go checking everyones post history but I am sure some of you who are now proclaiming to be disciples of the messiah were suddenly Judas when the bad times came along and I am not referring to any personal insults made against him just football criticism.

2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Go back 7-8 months and take your pick from any number of posts on here that were taking personal digs left, right and centre at LJ. A lot of people on this board should have been ashamed of themselves over some posts last season, but I guess they want o forget this now, since a good finish to last season and start to this.

I still don't get why some on here are comparing this seasons start to last season, it's almost as though they want us to have another $hit run so they can say 'told you so'.

So far LJ has produced 2 good starts and ends to seasons since he's been in charge, yet all anyone seems to care about is one bad middle part of a season - unbelievable!!! No wonder City never progress with such a negative fan base!!!

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  3. banksyisourhero

What !! you mean the worst run of results in this clubs history!!

I don't want that to happen again and I am really pleased with the way our season has started, what is pissing me off is this rewriting of history by some of the posters on here now all is rosy. a lot of previous managers were not afforded the same courtesy everyone is professing to have always afforded LJ!

This place has been by and large negative since I very first posted here many years ago!

LJ is no special case.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="banksyisourhero, post: 11006559, member: 1000782"

LJ is no special case.[/QUOTE]

I agree, yet too many on here he is and not in a good way. I wanted SC to succeed before LJ and only when relegation was staring us in the face did I join the deafening chorus for him to go. Yes LJ presided over the worst run in our history that is factually undeniable, yet we didn't get relegated - how many relegations have our club suffered in its history, yet last season wasn't one of them and never really looked like it either (we were never bottom 3) should say a lot about LJs overall ability.
    Too many people are fixated on the 11 game winless run rather than the bigger picture over the season.

Does anyone know what LJs overall win % is City boss

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

why would anyone put lipstick on a pig ? the undertones of the comment are that not much has changed! :emoticon-0105-wink:

6. johngalleyfan2

different people do different things, bloody good job to as we don't want everyone making concrete, digging coal, being brain surgeons dustmen etc or the world would stop.
    it is the same with football.. not everyone can or does go to every game, not everyone is of a positive attitude, and various people like to see "comparisons" whether they be own team, or as collectives ..like seeing last seasons table against this, or how we fared against team x over the past 39 years.
    Ive posted elsewhere there are basically 3 camps, the positives, the patient and the impatient negatives.. we are no different, just at times in different proportions. I for one am happy to peeps putting up comparisons, if I see anything posted I don't like simple thing to do to keep on scrolling.

there is a lot of history being rewritten this season so far, best so far is beating Ipswich after 39 years!
    along with IPSWICH on 20 goals (conceded 16) ( City conceded 11)we are jt 2nd behind HULL on 22 goals (conceded 19 )
    PNE GF 13 GA 6 NOW THAT IS STINGY!

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

John we and I love your off beat or scientific stats and comments, they frustrate, confuse, explain, interest and humour all of us, you have been an intrinsic member of our board for years and long may that continue, keep it going mate.

Supcon72 likes this.
  8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Some people will never like LJ - that's just the way it is.
    I don't get that mentality - but then again, I can't stand Rap music, but plenty of people love it.............
    Most of us, pro and anti LJ alike, are enjoying the current ride though :)

9. johngalleyfan2

wonder if Simon Grayson wish's he could SWAP over with LJ ?

10. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Your spot on with everything you stated mate, my thoughts exactly...give me a do gooder over a do badder any day.

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

The reason why everyone is divided is quite simple.
    The doubters call the others luvvies (happy clappers) and the luvvies (happy clappers) call the other doubters.

Just think if the luvvies (happy clappers) didn't call the doubters that, or visa versa. Then everyone will then realise that we are all one thing in common and that's Bristol City fans.

Me personally could not care that this time last year we was the same position and same points, anyone could see the difference on the field over last seasons is poles apart.

If people don't want to go this season just because of LJ that's their choice and they are welcome to it, but it does not make you any different to the ones that still go.

Now if you want to carry on bickering that's your decision, but life's to short and this forum has gone pig **** because everyone wants to be the "told you so" and that's if LJ is successful or a failure.

Supcon72 likes this.
  12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Rod I am 100% with you on this subject, this forum has gone pig **** over this subject, we are all REDS and Bristol City FC is who we support and Ashton Gate is our ground where we all belong.

raver likes this.
  13. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Your as bad as everyone <laugh>

14. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

No I just like winding you up.

15. johngalleyfan2

except you are taking a holiday .. :emoticon-0157-sun: <ale> <cheers>

16. banksyisourhero

So we have a situation where a load of fans, many of whom by my memory have forgotten some of their own posts are now crowing about how they 'told you so all along' and when they are called out on it, accuse others who have a different opinion of just sitting and waiting to say 'told you so all along'

17. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

That's a good point and your spot on. I do think there's a bit more reason to be optimistic this time around though, we do seem to be playing much better than we did last year, and seem to be dominating games through pure talent rather than running purely on momentum, which clearly ran out. That's not to say that I think we will go up; I just don't think we will be in a relegation scrap like last year.

Removed the attachments from the quote by the way to stop the page becoming stupidly long.

banksyisourhero likes this.
  18. banksyisourhero

I actually agree entirely Rob, my point really was lets stay a little balanced here, some people calling others out.

Its just opinions, we have a resident poster who constantly spouts crap on here, but everybody appears to be attacking Wiz, because he's honest enough to say he's not that keen on the bloke, the only manager I can remember in all my posting years who hasn't had Wizs full, unwavering support!

BCFCRob and wizered like this.
  19. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Balanced is a sensible place to be and I try to stay there - it helps to soften the pain if/when we take a dive!
    I must admit though, when I look at the highlights of our games compared with the others, our play looks sharper. We have a pace and accuracy in our game which looks almost premier-esq at times.
    Whatever people think about LJ, we are playing some great football now, and a positivity is starting to creep in - I can sense it. The team seem to be playing for one another - a bit like they were in our playoff final year under GJ. there is no real 'superstar' taking all the glory (as discussed on the other thread) and that makes opposition teams struggle to know who to concentrate on when facing us.
    We have Burton next and complacency is a concern, as on paper at least we will be clear favourites to win. As long as we do what we did against Bolton we will be ok - I am beginning to lose the nervy doubt that was ever-present last season and gain a confidence - I believe we will win that one (jinx!!).
    I can honestly say that the way we are playing right now we are promotion material without a doubt. Yes, there is a lot of the season left, hence the words 'right now', but we are GOOD - the table doesn't lie - as has been said many times.
    As for LJ and people's opinions of him; I do get slightly sad when people kick lumps out of each other on these boards about their opinions around LJ. Yes, I too participate - and chip in with the odd sarcasm, but really, does it matter as long as LJ keeps coming up with the goods?
    The title 'LJ proving the doubters wrong' will only become truly evident at the end of the season. I was a 'doubter' in the beginning when he was appointed - and during the bad run I wanted him gone. I wouldn't change him right now because he is doing very well and I REALLY hope he can sustain it and mount a challenge for promotion, but should we take a dive like last season then yes, I will be asking questions of him and the board again - that's NORMAL for all football fans surely? Criticism is fine and should be expected - or even encouraged IMHO.
    It's the vile personal attacks that were meted out on him that I can't stand, not the genuine criticism. There is never any excuse for the type of ****e that he had to endure.
    All we can ask of him and the team is to keep gaining points. As long as he keeps doing that then everyone will be happy.

AshtonRed likes this.
  20. johngalleyfan2

another of the "sticky toffee papers ( wrappers for ROD ).. We must be more decisive in the killer instinct, these lowly teams have one thing in common, survival defend defend defend.. our shooting boots must be set to fire bulls eyes not outer rings! we should have put 5 past Bolton!

: JohnsonIn