1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool vs Southampton 07/05/2017 KO 1:30PM

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintsfcfan, May 3, 2017.

1. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

No.

2. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Scrub that bit then & now I can get back to hating them (Mourinho mainly) 100% instead of 99% <laugh>

fatletiss likes this.
  3. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

I answered that. Chelsea and Man City are a step above Liverpool who can;t win without Mane (sounds familiar ;) )

We should have been more adventurous (not gung ho) against Liverpool. Liverpool even now are not Chelsea, Tottenham or Man City. They are where they are from the games when Mane plays and they win.

As for Puel's job being on the line if we lost. Do you not think a manager in charge of a club that has a well promoted ideal of playing attractive football is saving his job setting us up at Liverpool as if we were minnows against giants?

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I doubt that Puel's job is at risk....unless something crazy happens....like a new owner who has a brother-in-law who thinks he might like to try out as a football manager.

Leaves coat and runs screaming for door.<yikes>

BWSaint68 likes this.
  5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I think the manager at any club sets up to get a result. He succeeded. Liverpool are two places behind Chelsea that's all and above City.

6. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Why be adventurous against a side where we KNOW from the previous three games against them this season, that this is the way to play against them?

VocalMinority likes this.
  7. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

8. tiggermaster

tiggermaster Well-Known Member

Exactly, What that t**t was saying amounts to referees cheating.. I've believed, indeed argued that some are incompetent, but never have I thought they are bent. But this was outrageous. What Saints did was gamesmanship, what every 'big' club does every week and nobody bats an eyelid. But because 'little' Saints put one over too f88king big for there boots Liverpool, we have an ex referee bringing the game to it's knees by suggesting referees should cheat to right a wrong they perceive. Mr Hackett should be ashamed, instead he is milking the game at its edges. As for Ian Dowie condoning such a view is farcical.

9. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Well, hopefully asap they won't get a chance to even out decisions [to be honest, that has often been an accusation thrown at refs] because VARs will be coming in to right the wrongs and unseen.

10. SAINTDON13

While on the subject of that penalty saved, what would be on the Referees report as the offence by JWP for taking a gulp of water while there was break in play?

11. fran-MLs little camera

The bottle was in the goal....so was probably leaving the field of play without permission.

SAINTDON13 likes this.
  12. SAINTDON13

Seems a bit harsh because no one was in any position for the penalty to be taken, the Referee was still cautioning Cedric, and Fraser was sledging Milner. What I meant was what would the charge be, unsporting conduct?

13. TheSecondStain

I don't condone it, but I loved him doing that. SFC players don't do that sort of thing, but one did and it may well have helped. :)

That has just added to my list of Fraser things that I enjoy but can't agree with. The first is his effortless time wasting. It is epic and it absolutely does the opposition's heads in. It's the sort of gamesmanship that players from other, usually big, clubs have got away with and Fraser gives us a little something back. It's naughty, but nice.

14. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Sunday was the hottest day of the year so far. I seem to remember referees being instructed to make players have frequent drink breaks during the last World Cup in Brazil. With this in mind, Madley should be censured for booking JWP for being sensible.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  15. TheSecondStain

I was confident JWP didn't have a sneaky streak in him. He was just being Captain Sensible yet again.
    Now Fraser...

16. fran-MLs little camera

They are best buddies and James was just running flak so Fraser could get back to his domination display or....JWP was thirsty....though if it was the latter, he would probably have looked mildly outraged for being booked.

17. TheSecondStain

Hmm, now you've thrown me...