1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool vs Man Utd

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Check the numbers we create plenty

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

He's gone in the summer hopefully abroad but either you lot or City (if Haarland goes to Real ) is more likely

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Haaland aint going anywhere yet. I'm not sure Pep will want another No.9 anyway.

Who's in the market for a striker atm in the PL? Chelsea and us? And Chelsea have got their eye on Nkunku iirc. More versatile than just a No. 9 as well.

Seemed like more clubs than that but can't remember now.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You know what, I reckon City would sell Haaland if Real made a genuine offer. I reckon he'd leave too.

They'd make a profit, it gives them some sort of FFP leeway, and I don't think Pep is even that comfortable playing a proper No.9.

Sounds mad I know.

I think Nukunku has already signed for Chelsea. He then went back to his club till the summer. Fairly sure it's a done deal.

Biggest stumbling block to us being able to sign Kane is that Levy will put some daft unrealistic price on him.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Osimhen probably the 'easier' signing.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He seems a quality player. A lot of talk around that Napoli side being broken apart by the bigger clubs after they win the league.

I'm wondering what other clubs around Europe are in for a striker that we'd be competing with.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Tbh Thursday can't come quick enough.

Can't wait for the next game.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I think Barca are a bit skint.
    PSG have Mbappe.
    Real could go for Haaland, or Mbappe.
    City don't want a 9!
    Italian clubs can't afford this.
    Liverpool already have the best front three in da Wuuurld.

Bayern maybe?

And us of course.

9. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Not yet, not quite, next season tho for sure.

Prince Knut likes this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Ivan Toney's playing tonight. Think I'll give it a watch.

Bayern is a good shout. They'll probably raid another German side.

I think Diallo needs to be in the mix. As yesterday's shown, being in several comps playing in knockout games, it's taken its toll and we need options up front. I don't see him being our main striker but would be a good option in certain games and rotate the squad.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well there we have it, Bruno wasn't trying to be substituted.

Always had a feeling it was media spin when I saw it in real time, well bound to be from Skysports scouse ****ers.

cytrax and Prince Knut like this.
  12. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Mate, it was, er.... Gary Neville who made the accusation. :emoticon-0138-think

organic red and cytrax like this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He's a prick n' all.

cytrax, Prince Knut and Bumps like this.
  14. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Think if you get either Kane or the guy from Napoli it will take you up a level.

I don’t see much wrong with your team atm - obviously I don’t like saying it but TH has got his head proper screwed on imho ( would have loved to been fly on wall on Monday - wow )
    Can’t make my mind up on Fernandes
    Think he maybe your Suarez but not sure
    I would love a season like the ones we have had with City where it’s Utd being pushed all the way

obviously I would prefer us to win it
    Figure you would be tother way round lol

Prince Knut likes this.
  15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Didn't we have that in 2009? Maaaaachedaaaaaa! <whistle>

Fernandes has played every match, and since the world cup 3/4 days apart through a period where every one has either been a make or break knockout cup match or league game pushing for top 4. We just don't have the depth atm to perform on multiple fronts, so even when he is benched, he's having to be brought on to salvage a win. The bloke looked shattered by the end of the West Ham FA Cup game and I said so on the match thread. So when I read some of the idiots on your board that haven't been watching, talk about his petulance and theatrics I laugh bcos he's grafted all season and is a big reason why we're still in 3 cup comps.

He may be petulant, I couldn't care less as long as he plays well. Irony being I actually don't think he's been at his best and needs a rest. Sad reality though is we need him more than ever. Even if he's rested for the games against Betis and Southampton I really wouldn't be surprised to see him coming on to change the game.

As for Neville. Ever since he became a SS commentator he's tried to overcompensate for being a red. Every foul, every throw in, every tackle, every pen decision in a United game he'll go against United. He's too thick to realise all he's doing is perpuating the myth of United bias or the negative press our players get. Do you see Carragher or Danny Murphy or Souness ever criticising the likes of Van Dyke or Trent or Henderson or arguing any decision against their old club?

So to see Neville coming out with the bollox about Fernandes wanting to be subbed is just more of the same and guess what happens...the likes of Souness and Carragher and the rest, jump on it and a lie gets plastered everywhere. I genuinely just wish he would fck off. He does us no favours.

Bumps and cytrax like this.
  16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

^^^^^^^^^^^^

add to this, you have to consider the selection and formation of the team on Sunday, which was immediatley questioned by users of this forum.

Weghorst was deployed at No.10. Weghorst ffs!

Fernandes, our actual No.10, was deployed out wide on the left. Now, for the most part I trust Ten Haag, but this must (and clearly does) add to the frustration of Fernandes.

It was an actual WTF moment for me, and it didn't pan out well at all. Both myself and my son at home were vocally up in arms when we saw Weghorst walking back onto the pitch after half time (plus Dalot, but that's another story), to the point my lad stopped watching out of frustration.

Fernandes is best played in his actual position, always.

So is Weghorst, and that positon is sat on the bench.

If we can all see it, I have to question why ETH can't.

Treble likes this.