1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool vs Burnley

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Milnermino Lamborini, Sep 15, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool fan tears into Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool fan Frank tore into manager Jurgen Klopp after his side 1-1 draw at home to Burnley.
    Speaking to Robbie Savage and George Riley on 606, Frank fumed: "We’ve got one of the biggest circuses at Anfield at this moment, at Liverpool football club, and the biggest clown of the lot is Jurgen Klopp.
    "Today, we looked good looking forward, and guess what? There was no plan B, and no plan C. Well, I’ll give you plan A for Jurgen Klopp: You’ve had your time, son. At the end of the day, thank you very much but I want a manager that needs to understand football reasons to show that you build a team from the back, mate!
    "The defence needs to be sorted out! He should have done this. There’s no point in us signing midfielders, and looking good going forward. We need a defence, mate, and he hasn’t addressed this since the first day he arrived!"
    Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admitted he was "angry with the result but pleased with the performance" after Burnley frustrated his side, with the Reds racking up 35 efforts at goal to the Clarets' five.
    This clip is originally from BBC 606 with George Riley and Robbie Savage on Saturday, 16 September 2017
    Show more / Show less
    Release date:
    16 September 2017
    Duration:
    3 minutes
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05gb005

2. moreinjuredthanowen

Sadly this guy is a moron and wrong.

the first day klopp walked into the job he said all he had time to do was work on the defensive situation and he got a 0-0 away to spurs where we got hammers previously.

the guy stuck on ox, and slanke for crosses... like is that not plan b or z or whatever.

the fact is klopp doesn't look like he's got it. just doesn't. the same old errors keep occurring time and again and we if we are honest about this would say that MOURINHO would never allow this ****. He's sort the defence first. Just cos we can't abide the long ball hoofing game to lucky and felliani doesn't mean that he's not got it sorted and utd will win things while we look on as per.

I have to say that anyone going into a CL campaign with ragnar klavan and a risky joe gomez play as the sole back up gets what they deserve. We could all see what was coming... can still see whats is going to come here. This is not going to be a good year for LFC.

3. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Point 1.....this was not me lol.

Point 2....the guys a bellend...talking of same old patterns....

New guy needs time we all know how **** our team is

Oh that was a disappointing first year

Oh he's made the wrong buys...

Oh we did ok this season

Hes made the wrong buys

We've started ****...hes a clown.. ..get rid....

Rinse repeat rinse repeat.. ..zzzzzzzzz

saintKlopp and luvgonzo like this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

don't forget the terrible sense of disappointment.

5. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

****....you made me remember.. .

6. moreinjuredthanowen

you'll be getting that feeling again... soonish...

7. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Think I said, I first heard him on 5 live after the Soton 2nd leg semi at Anfield when he started chanting this mantra. Notice he is not a Scouser - he could be a Trojan Rat from any club. The fact that he's a Londoner probably hints towards Uniturd.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

9. Prince Knut

Ah, you think he's a Blueshite then?

10. moreinjuredthanowen

probably. I knew a brummie once who knew a guy who used to ring in to 606 slaughtering villa. it was a total put up by an guy faking it. he was supposedly famou for a while.

* Record Points Total likes this.

11. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I love how everyone says you need to build from the back?

why? Mourinho built from the back last year and it was some god awful football and they couldn't score a goal!

id much rather build fr the front. Yeah we'll lose a few and drop silly points but building from the back relies on you keeping clean sheets if you're only scoring 1 a game. 1 mistake, 1 freak og and you're screwed.

Build from the fromt baxk works works fine with me as if you can score 4 goals, you won't lose many games even if you have a **** defence.

If klopp doesnt sort out the defence then yeah questions should should be asked but first year sorted the attack. This year looks like tried to sort misfield with Keita and Ox coming in (albeit Keita next year now) so wouldn't surprise me if Jan / next year he goes big at the back.

saintKlopp likes this.
  12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep, he bought Mhiki, Pogba, Zlatan and Bailly, really building from the back that <laugh>

13. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Just cos brought players doesn't mean the style focus wasn't on the defence? If Mourinho was trying to build from the front last year he's an every worse manager than I thought <yikes>

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Can't be, how many other managers have won less than him :emoticon-0100-smile

15. Prince Knut

Mhiki he turned into a wing back in a six man midfield, Pogba was a quasi DM who tripped over his own feet, and Bailly was a CB when he wasn't injured.

16. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

As exciting as building from the front is, we really should be building from the back first.

You can't build on quick sand and we need a foundation. Currently, we're putting a lot of pressure on our attackers - we scored twice against Sevilla and they were still criticised for not taking the chances.

We're not going to achieve anything if we continue to concede 50 goals a season.

Interesting stat - we've conceded the second fewest shots in the league this season (39 shots). This implies that our attackers and midfield are doing a good job at defending from the front.

Shockingly, we've conceded 11 clear cut chances - that's 28%. We're likely to concede a goal every 3 shots.

To put it into context, that % is the worst in the league - the next worst is United ... at 18%!!

This is how easy we are making it for the opposition to score against us. They don't have to work.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

to be fair to klopp, you're attack wasn't the issue last year and you still decided to improve the front (admittedly you needed the depth). Once again your back has been neglected and he's pretty much had 2 full summers and 2 Januarys and realistically this is pretty much his 4th year as he got 3/4s of a year when he took over brendan.

Maybe a system issue. Klopp (or your midfield is dumb) has everyone pressing all the time which means you will win the ball back more often than not and denying opportunities to opponents. However also means that anytime they do make it through, you guys are so open that the opposition will more often than not create a clear cut opportunity. When you're players were tired at the backend of last season its not coincidence you started keeping a lot more clean sheets AND struggling to score (change of approach?).

18. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

This is the frustrating part for me, we prevented Seville for example from offering anything, but they still get 2 on the scoresheet and take our 3 points away.

That's why I still have a bit of faith that this won't last all season

19. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Possibly - but I think we need to look at personnel first and then the system because we're making too many individual errors.

20. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Klopp hasn't been with us 2 years yet Bobby <laugh>