1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool vs Burnley

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Milnermino Lamborini, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

fixed

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I just saw a clip of where Matip cleared off the line - why did no one jump for the ball? This is comical stuff!!

Before we blame the system for the goals we concede, we need to look at the players. The entire back 4 could easily be upgraded and it sickens me that we didn't do it this summer.

3. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

one of my complaints about Matip is the fact he so rarely jumps for the ball but it is a common fault in our team - see Watfords first goal when everyone had both feet on the ground when the corner was headed in.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  4. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out who is worse between Lovren and Klavan. Amazing how we seem to have the worst LCB's in world football. And we somehow sold Sakho!

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

There's always a mistake at the back I want to agree with Klopp but cannot. Yes we will score but like vs Sevilla and against Burnley there will be a mistake and it is down to the lack of a leader at the back, we need a talker, an organiser and with that will come confidence and the right cover for our full backs. I don't think it's a problem with the whole back 4 I think it's that one component that is missing.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Credit to Burnley they defended well and on another day we win that by a few goals so it's not all bad but at some point we need to stop making these mistakes.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

Mistakes are not the prime issue. Not for me. Mistakes happen when you are exposed and any slip is a goal.

My issue is we uncover these players so they are exposed 4 and 5 times a game and we know lovren has mistakes in him. If we know he can **** up then you'd think the wise thing is to reduce the exposure.

Klavan is similar. He's got a huge blind spot where he let's guys in behind him.

Debating one goal in the Burnley game is pointless though... that can hsppen. We never looked like scoring a winner. All the ball and panicked aimless crosses, long shots snapped at goal. Shovel footed wild swings. **** sake like.. after 55mins we were done. No interplay really.

James Milner got on end of one move and it got blocked so we went bavk to individual efforts.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

They defended ok, their keep was **** enough. Our efforts were actually easy to save and he looked good due to volume not ability. We didn't keep our heads

9. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

While Klopp is good at improving players technically, I cannot understand how he cannot coach a simple thing as jumping.

Look at their goal and see the level of incompetence from all involved.

The double chance Burnley had at the end was criminal too. TAA practically moved away from the player and watched as the player headed the ball. Almost gave away a pen pulling the player too.

I get Klopp is a big name manager but he needs to work with the tools he chose. There is more than one good defender out there. it's not long before his charisma wears off and hard questions will be asked. Football is fickle

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Burnley had two corners at the end and twice they left Ben Mee unmarked for a free header, he was stood in the exact same position for both corners and neither time was he picked up, and these two corners were like 20 seconds apart.
    Was daft

11. saintKlopp

I haven't seen any replays, but was this due to zonal marking?
    I get arguments from a few on here but I ****ing hate zonal.

12. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Can actually was marking him, half assed followed him and then didn't bother jumping for the ball

13. saintKlopp

Thanks. I might catch some highlights later.

We don't seem to have any players that like to defend. Ok, they all realise they've got to give it a go now and again but everybody seems to want the glory at the other end. Even Matip wants to go on mazy runs into the last third when there are already about 18 bodies in there.

14. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Let's just get him a semi-competent partner for now. As it stands, and especially after Sakho has gone, he's head and shoulders our best CB. I still feel sorry for Klavan - he was bought to be our fourth choice, early-cup games/emergency filler. That he's vying for the no2 spot with Lovren is pisspoticial.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  15. Prince Knut

The frightening thing is that if they had a third corner 20 seconds later again, he'd have still had another free header from the same position.

Milnermino Lamborini likes this.
  16. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Springers and cockers are my favourites. <ok>

17. Prince Knut

Good dogs. Even if they have their moments, they're not going to damage like a staffie or pit-bull would do.

18. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Mané is more like what Torres was for us than Suarez. An individually brilliant player. Suarez was a once-in-a-liftime player at the club who made everyone else look 10 times better. Suarez was so good it made City pay £50milliom for Stirling back when that was the type of silly money you pay for top world-class talent.

19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I thought it was a bit harsh for Moreno's parents to admit it though... :bandit:

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

All together now lads

We are Liverpool ha ha ha, ha ha, we are Liverpool ha, ha ha ha ha :emoticon-0100-smile