1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool vs Arsenal: Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Think you had a bad day at the office Toledo, your passing was poor and no one was supporting Giroud to try and close up top

Think a lot of it was down to our pressing which I was impressed with, we were hunting your man in possession very well

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Does that mean you won't take the piss out of our thrashing a this season? And will reprimand your fellow Gunners for doing so?

Not really aimed at you...it's to all those that are trying to tell the Pool fans to wind their necks in.

It's football and all fans live off the last result...wish it wasn't because it would do my blood pressure good...but it's just the nature of the beast.

If only we all waited till the last match of the season but then it would be dull and football wouldn't be our bitch...we would be footballs bitches.

3. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

I rarely gloat or wum other fans. I know some guys on here do, I recall the comments on here last time we beat Liverpool, and I said Liverpool were not as bad as our fans were making out. On reflection, that Liverpool fan is entitled to give it the big 'un, if we had spanked them as they did us, no doubt some of the guys on here would have been on their board like a rash. Hopefully, last Saturday's result was a lesson in humility. I doubt it though!

4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Not trying to be sly about it and having a subtle dig...I'm just saying...in agreement with yourself that a bit of humility would go down great...but football will never be that way....I mean I'd rather beat your team by 1 goal and not lose to Hull...but the Pool won't see that...even though all them floaters would in reality take that....it's a bitch being a fan...and hypocrisy is the rule...now watch what happens when and if you beat us at the Lane!

5. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Me too. We've been playing at about 65-70% for a while now and I was hoping Saturday would be the day we stepped it up as we needed to.

We did not. That was as good an arse-r*ping as I've seen us suffer for some time and capped a truly horrific weekend.

Top this:

Took Friday off for a trip to a beer festival with mates (which I brought tickets for). Also wanted to catch up with my mum as two of her pets died on the same day (Thursday).

Car breaks down at 1:30. After 3 different AA visits I get back to London at 10:30 after having not made Dorset/festival or anything bar both sides of Fleet services. Car still f*cked, advised I probably need a new one. Decide to hit the pub for an hour, leave my wallet at home. Brilliant.

Saturday I watched the debacle in it's entirety where apparently the whole pub bar me were Liverpool fans. Wife takes advantage of my shell-shock and drags me to Oxford Circus to go sofa shopping. Decides (after 3 hours in one shop) the only one she likes is £1500 with a matching "snuggle seat" for another grand. Finish the day by going out with smug Chelsea fan mates for a Chinese. Get asked to move table so a larger group can use ours and waitress knocks someone's food in my lap. Brilliant.

Sunday, Spurs played. Played cr*p. Won. Watched United, laughed for 70 minutes, turned off at 2-1 as I got sick of the replay of Rooney humping the pitch like it was some 80 year old woman and missed the equaliser. Decide to start sanding my hallway floor, coat rack falls off the wall on me. Brilliant.

All in all chaps I've had better weekends.

6. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

It never rains but pours Peter! <laugh> <ok>

It should get better though as you have Utd on Wed :)

7. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Wow PeterRick, that is a set of unfortunate events. Hope we win on Wednesday just for you!

8. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

It hurts me to say this but I do hope you win against United. Now that doesn't make much sense for LFC I know but I just can't resist the thought of being 12 points ahead of them with 12 matched to go!

I suppose I should really hope you lose as we'd still be 9 points ahead (provided we get a win against Fulham) - even you drawing would be good for us. But the prospect of what that would mean for United is just too tempting.

I won't apologise for having a little wum at the weekend - many of your posters would as well if you had won like that. But with my more sensible head on, it's going to be a very interesting run in. Nothing is yet won and nothing is lost.

9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Aha, the perennial "other people do it so that makes it OK" logic that so often comes out of the mouths of children and/or the ignorant :emoticon-0148-yes:

10. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

You are a tiresome little minded person aren't you?

11. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

You made it clear from your posts on Saturday and just then that you're the one who's little minded.

Anyway, back to football. I'm less confident facing United than I am of facing anyone else given out general apathy whenever we've played them in the last few years. If we win then it will be MASSIVE for our confidence I think. The problem is that I don't think our chances are good. To come out of this series of mini-games with any sort of morale we need to win on Wednesday and also win the cup game at the weekend. I don't think anyone expects us to knock Bayern out of the CL so losing that one is not going to derail us... unless it follows on from losses against United and Liverpool.