1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Solid_Air 2, May 17, 2022.

1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Everyone needs time to process this end of season. If you don't then it suggests you weren't really that invested in it.

My knee jerk yesterday was seeing Salah get his golden boot when I was thinking if only you'd got a last ditch winner that converted a draw into a win and thereby just won us the title like the one that's just got you your personal award. Like I said a knee jerk moment. Other than that I've been rooting for Salah every week seeing Son catching up on him and not wanting that to happen.

I'm one of Salah's biggest fans and have been the only one (maybe Jimmy as well) wanting the club to give him what he wants to make him stay because I value him so highly. I'm not in the thanks for everything now off you pop club. I do realise that some of those not wanting the club to give him what he wants aren't in any way not appreciative of his contribution to the club but more have a strong view that no player is bigger than the club and the wage structure shouldn't be broken for one player. I get all of that, I just have a different view.

Long story short, I think the team's better with Salah in it, he deserves all his awards, yesterday's emotions got the better of me and I didn't feel as pleased seeing him get his awards as I thought I would.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  2. Mark Blow

Mark Blow Well-Known Member

I’ve already moved on from the league. The past is another country, they do things differently there. The most important thing now is this Saturday.

3. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

Looking to the future, Divok is going, Millie is not getting any younger and Ox is not cutting it either. Mo and the contract saga is a worry. On the plus side, the new lad from Fulham could be good and I am sure Jurgen has lined up some good young replacements. Pep of course just gets the petro-dollar cheque book out again so it is amazing that we have matched them for the last few years

saintKlopp likes this.
  4. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

Fabio Carvalho, the club has just confirmed he will join us on July 1st. Has anyone seen much of him?

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Just feel like one midfielder is all we need this summer (assuming no major outgoings).

Squad is as strong as it can be without having silly money on the bench for every position.

A Player that can cover for Fab but also play in lcm position would be ideal.

Remmeber we did spend £40m summer money in diaz in January so bit restricted there.

Not sure would raise much in player sales. Ox maybe for £10m? Karius and origi salaries going. Gomez?

maybe Elliott and Jones will develop to nail down a Cm spot more regularly as well

6. saintKlopp

Ok, so it's just semantics and I don't want to get bogged down in that, but just to explain - the word bizarre has overtones of weirdness to me, not merely uncommon.
    Nothing bizarre in City going 2-0 down, or in them recovering to win, imo.
    Just frustrating.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

I just like to get ahead of the GAME :)

seriously though i could put my foot through the Tv when some american show says "process". it seems to be the buzz word for anything ranging from grief to having a hang nail. Every blooming show.

I was done with the lead and happy weeks ago. The spurs draw was always in my head as a far far tougher game than anything city had. as i said it was "in our hands" before the city away draw. after that it wasn't and never was since.

the team is indeed better with salah in form than without. Its patently obvious the team is better with an in form salah and inform mane and fit thaigo etc etc so I don't get the beef wiht some folk personally getting agitated over a contract. We get to watch and win trophies.

watching salah having a bit of disappointment on him picking up to bits of bling while not winning the league is personally great. I love the fact he wasn't into the bling and wanted the league.

I'm glad to see the lads parade round with the kids with 50 odd thousand staying on to applaud them. thats what the club is all about.

Nozzer likes this.
  8. johnsonsbaby

I have to admit that sometimes, in fact most of the time, when I write 'you ...' I actually mean 'one ...' ie if one isn't processing then one isn't as invested... I really will have to find a way to get my point across without saying 'you' but also avoid saying 'one'. So my post wasn't a dig at you personally if it came across that way.

9. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Just recovering from my hangover. I predicted City would be 3 up at half time - almost wish they had been now. But we did what we could, and losing only 6 points in the calendar year was phenomenal. The worst thing though, and I felt this at 17,30, was 'Are City going to drop points, and we not do our bit by winning'? I honestly thought when Villa got their second, City would draw at best. But **** it, I'd rather be us than celebrating avoiding relegation or avoiding the UEFA Conference. Just hope we can get Fab and Thiago ready for Saturday now - don't really want to see Milly get the runaround from Kroos and Modric again.

Great season lads. 90+ points for 3 out of four seasons - I can't ask more. <applause>

Solid_Air 2, johnsonsbaby and Bumps like this.
  10. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Ah well. The league has been more of a hope than a belief since the winter. 92 points is an amazing achievement, unfortunately City were marginal better. At least the last day wasn't decided by a controversy.

Just hope that we go on to win on Saturday. As amazing as this season has been, this side that Klopp has built deserves to be remembered in terms of leagues and CLs won rather than as plucky runners up. I just hope they get the rewards.

saintKlopp and Prince Knut like this.

11. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

12. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

We rode our luck a lot... Especially in the first half of games. The point tally we got is a little bit flattering... Very happy with the late quad run and the two cups, but we've got a lot to improve.

We need to play in both halves of the game, not just the second half.

Prince Knut likes this.
  13. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Could expand that to the season <whistle>

M!LK likes this.
  14. johnsonsbaby

You can't beat a last minute winner though...... literally.

saintKlopp, Nozzer and Bumps like this.
  15. saintKlopp

I wouldn't call it luck. We can't expect to just walk through every game. Some of them are tough, and we were persistent when we weren't at our best.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

Yup. We put it all in once we got a bit of confidence.

I thought personally vvd picked it up after Christmas and the whole thing sort of flowed from there.

Before Christmas he was fading on 60/70mins and we looked terribly square at the back.

Bumps, Nozzer and saintKlopp like this.