1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v the mighty blues

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BobbyD, Sep 26, 2018.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

For anyone whos expecting RLC to be rolled out, i'm afraid not. Apparantly he's been injured since last week so probably won't see him again.

Hoping we get to see hudson and ampadu though

2. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Team news in and Hudson’s on the bench. Ampadu doesn’t make the squad.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yup. A fairly strong team and no youth players.

I must say sarri deserves a criticism for this. William and Dave are both playing too.

It's **** like this that caused us to drop points against West ham and it's **** like this which is why our youth can't even be bothered to stay

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Banjo. Cows arse missed guess who?

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I love to suck pole....a lot

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2018
  6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

why was luvgonzo banned!?!?

7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

The team selection was a little strange, particularly Ampadu not even being on the bench. I suspect though that it was because of the level of opposition. Had we had a lesser side, I suspect Sarri may have played a 'weaker' team. Plus as we were losing he then had to introduce the world class players to turn it around. In the end, he has probably called it right because Liverpool also played a decent team, we won and both teams will be in exactly the same boat come Saturday.

Hazard getting half an hour and winning us the match is certainly not the end of the world at all. What a goal!

Would I rather we played a completely changed 11 and lost....no. Would I want to be going in to Saturdays game having drawn at West Ham and having lost to Liverpool? No.

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Because @Bodinki is a twat. <whistle>

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Luv isnt banned! Or if he was, I didnt do it.

He clearly isnt banned at the moment

10. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Think I used to be banned, too quiet here now though.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think when I became mod I asked the site admin to unblock everyone, clean slate and all that.

12. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All round performance. But do we need a league cup with Europa league?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/che...ng-off-the-bench-to-engineer-chelsea-comeback

MF Cesc Fabregas 7 -- A game of two halves from the Spaniard, who was virtually untouchable in the opening 45 minutes before being smothered after the break. Should have cleared the ball long in the buildup to the opening goal.

Barkley shining through. Emerson had a decent game. Christensen needs to improve his concentration.

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Those who keep on about Christensen can see that he is far from the finished article and just as prone to major balls ups as Luiz .He also does not add as much to the attack at this stage as Luiz does. His lack of game time has not helped his cause and he needs to play more please Mr Sarri.
    As for the game, with Cahill and Christensen at the back we started to go backwards and sideways again, and were much slower than usual. No suprise there as they have had zero game time.Dave also looked poor with that back line. Emerson lively and definately a very good player, as was Willy with a couple of excellent saves. Fabregas looks a different player in an attacking team, but ran out of puff. Barkley was strong but too often stuffs up his last pass. Not my cup of tea. Other midfielder played well. Moses looked a handful too, but again started to pfaff around instead of go direct ,as he tired. Willian was quiet, Morata needs to go away ASAP and Hazard a cut above. Considering all the changes an excellent result with everyone putting in every effort. Don't like seeing Hudson Odoi getting splinters and not seeing Ampadu, who is already better than Cahill and Christensen, and probably Barkley as well
    PS Just read that Christensen was unwell against Liverpool, so happy to forget his subdued performance.

14. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I thought Emerson was the worst of the back 4, constantly too high and out of position. Was their out ball every time.

Decent performance considering all the changes, first half especially we looked really good.

15. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No wonder Alonso always keeps LB role.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Just rewatched the game and though Emerson was out of position a fair bit, he has not had a minute of game time to get used to our new style. With Alonso also often out of position, the other players now know when to hold back and cover him, as his forward runs often end up with a chance for a forward. Given Emersons better speed and possibly better technical skills, with game time I think he will be excellent. Trouble is ,its just an opinion, as until everyone gets a decent run as part of the majority of the top 11, we can't tell who will adapt best.

StanDMan likes this.
  17. Chelsea Pensioner

I think he keeps it because of his outstanding performances and form.