1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Norwich City

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Who shall win ?

1. Liverpool

32.1%
  2. Draw

53.6%
  3. Norwich city

14.3%
  1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I doubt he even watched the match.

2. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

I say carry on playing that way. Liverpool were good but got lucky with the OG. Against half this division we are in with a good chance of a result. I loved the way Lawrenscum stuck his neck out saying Pukki won't get to double figures. I think you might get good odds on that .

3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Yes, and Pukki was being marked by van Dijk when he scored, leaving the latter furious. I also think we should go on playing our own game. We managed 42% possession at Anfield, which is better than most teams and Andalou and Leitner would make us even more effective.

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

We had 5 shots on target and there is NO WAY, I can see DF changing how we approach games and you can bet that Aarons will have learnt from his mistake.
    I'm not expecting much from our games V FL's Chelsea or Citeh, but I'm optimistic that we'll get some against Newcastle/WetSham.

5. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

I watched the Newcastle game this afternoon. They were ok in parts, a couple of flair players, Saint-Maximum being the stand out. Joelinton at 40 milllion quid looked relaxed and found space, but ultimately had a quiet debut. I think Lietner and Srybney will nullify them better than Trybul and The Mayor of Norwich. I think we have a decent chance against a team that is in no way settled yet and were against a similarly unset Arsenal side.

JM Fan likes this.
  6. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

I tell you if Chelsea don't sort their defence out they'll be relegated 3-0 to Man U,doubt you'll hear that from stupid pundits.

Highlights how stupid the pundits sound saying crap like that on the first match when teams like Chelsea get thumped too.

JM Fan and Walsh.i.am like this.
  7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When Chelsea lost to Manchester City 6 - 0 I seem to recall it was treated as a blip...
    as opposed to our 4 - 1 reverse being that of a club in terminal decline <doh>

Rich44, Nigel Stephens and JM Fan like this.
  8. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

It's not wrong what the pundits said though. IF we defend like we did in the first half vs Liverpool, we WILL be relegated. If we improve and defend more like we did 2nd half, we wont. Lets face it, we were dreadful defensively in the first half. Very naive. Perhaps the pundits jumped the gun a little, but there is no denying, at the time, we were poor. Yes Liverpool were clinical and the OG didnt help, but they aren't the only team with class forwards. We must improve.

Im hoping Amadou will bring much needed steel in the middle and take some pressure off the defence. OTBC!

Nigel Stephens and JM Fan like this.
  9. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Chelsea capitulated

JM Fan likes this.
  10. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

We knew our defence would be a problem so nothing no one is saying isn't true, but I have heard plenty of praise now how refreshing we were. We will let in a lot of goals but I think we will score more, like the first season in the Prem under Lambert.

JM Fan likes this.

11. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I’d much rather us lose games fighting and playing attacking football, than park the bus week in week out and end up with the same result at the end of the game!

12. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There's always a chance of getting something from the games by adopting an attacking
    approach - parking the 'bus' merely equates to damage limitation. <ok>

Rich44 and JM Fan like this.
  13. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Blackpool played that way in 2010/11 and ended up failing to survive by a single point. Along the way they scored 55 goals, the same number as Spurs who were fifth. It's worth a shot because the big upside is exciting football.

chinacanary and JM Fan like this.
  14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  15. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

From The Guardian

5) Plucky Canaries choose to fight fire with fire
    It is easy to criticise Norwich’s tactics at Anfield: against the European champions, the newcomers pursued an attacking approach that left them open, and were duly clouted. However, most weeks they will be playing sides far less good than Liverpool – for whom they still caused problems with their pacy and purposeful play. Teemu Pukki showed enough, both in front of goal and in general play, to suggest that he belongs in the top division, while Emi Buendía looks to have the touch and agility necessary to supply him. Promoted sides often pick up points at the start of the season, still grooved and confident from the previous one, and – with Newcastle, Chelsea and West Ham the next three games for Daniel Farke’s side before the first international break, Norwich now have a chance to announce themselves properly. Daniel Harris

16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

IMO, the ONLY way we know how to play is to 'fight fire with fire' and I'm sure the VAST majority of fans (including the General) wouldn't want us to change that!!

17. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure it is the only way we can/could play. Those cup games I think included once a 3rd CB, against the very best this approach could be sensible. All formations are as defensive as you attitude and application make them. But I think looking at Liverpools tactical use of FB's bombing forward to cross into the box, a 3rd CB might well have prevented Origi's goal and perhaps even had another powerful header of the ball to prevent VVD getting such an easy ride for his goal. I think we could perhaps strike a better balance and not leave ourselves so exposed. But Farke has more than earned the right to lead us this way, I won't complain, it's bloody good to watch and me suggesting another way is not a request, just a thought out loud of maybe just maybe we could have made it a little harder for them whilst still carrying a threat.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  18. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Some interesting suggestions there General and IF we had had a 3rd fit CB, would DF have considered that as an option and could we see it used when Citeh visit and we hopefully have a full quota of CBs at our disposal???
    Under the circumstances, I think we performed well and I've seen in one daily today that our 12 shots on goal was higher than Citeh achieved in their last visit to Anfield!? <yikes>

Rich44 likes this.
  19. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

Not saying it wasn't wrong I was highlighting the hypocrisy

20. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member