1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Brighton

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by InBiscanWeTrust, Sep 26, 2022.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

I dunno but if the ball is fired at you and you can get a hand to it then it's not "right at you" it's merely in reach.

He's tried to palm the second away from goal but it's too hit to stop.

The third he's coming across form near post and gets a hand to up onto bar and in.

Like.... OK 1 in 10 that might be saved but it's asking an awful lot.

saintKlopp likes this.
  2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

2nd one was right at him. He dived and palmed it in.
    3rd one, again almost dived past it. Whether that’s cos Trossard mishit hit into the ground so did him.

3. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

It’s still a huge worry that we are conceding first. I’m not sure what put that down to? Can’t just be a coincidence. I know defensively we haven’t been great in total so more likely to concede but it’s something like 12 in last 13/14 games we’ve conceded first which goes back to last season as well.

Is it a concentration thing? Is it because we are trying to score goals too quickly and leaving ourselves open? Maybe the opposite, we are starting too slow and letting teams get into the game first?

Maybe sounds obvious but if we can start getting the first goal then at least puts some confidence into the team and gives everyone a psychological boost.

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Seriously don't get why you're focusing on Alisson. He was amongst our top the performers (Diaz and Bobby being the other two) and there were plenty of others that were undoubtedly shocking.

luvgonzo likes this.
  5. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Because like I said, didn’t watch the game and only saw the goals. So just pointing out that despite him apparently having a good game, feel like he should have done better on those 2 goals.

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We'd have conceded more but for Alisson

7. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Wed also have conceded less if he had saved those 2

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Right at you is right at your body. The ball isnt it's in arms reach but hammered and he gets hand on it. Could he have played it over with strong unmoving hand? Maybe but I think it's a bit harsh.

The third with respect is a very hard save. He's got to cover near post and come across and it's the hardest part of a keepers job and why corners for example are hard for keepers to make saves off.
    Again he's had to get across quick there and he's got a hand to it despite the fact not one of the players picked up too many players. He palemd that one onto cross bar so I think that one is really harsh.

9. saintKlopp

It's percentages, on another day he might keep one of those out but let others in.
    I bet he's more disappointed than any of us.
    He isn't Superman - he's one of the world's top keepers, yet some are going to get past him.
    I think his performances are the least of our worries atm.

luvgonzo, organic red and Zanjinho like this.
  10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Wouldn't have conceded any if he'd saved all three but I prefer to stick to realism

saintKlopp likes this.

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

12. saintKlopp

I'm pleased yet slightly surprised that Bobby's rediscovered some form. I hope he can keep it up - if he does he should be on for about 15 goals this season, which would be very respectable for someone in his role.
    He'll have to go some though, to compensate for the lack of goals from Mo, whose loss of form is mystifying.

M!LK and Zanjinho like this.
  13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Pleased Bobby played well but I'll reserve calling it form. Form is playing well for a few games, not one.

No idea what the issue is with Mo. He's not just out of form though, he's been like it since January.

saintKlopp likes this.
  14. saintKlopp

5 goals and 3 assists so far, I think he's looked like he's hit a bit of form. He still has the odd heavy touch and wayward pass.
    Mo never looked right after AFCON - I thought it was a hangover from the disappointment but he should be over that by now.

Zanjinho likes this.
  15. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

When was the last time we came out and blitzed a team? City in the charity shield?

16. moreinjuredthanowen

Sports scientists were supposed to have said the evidence of salah losing pace was clear in the numbers .

It's pretty clear to me he has dropped a level but the club decided they had to pay him once mane confirmed his decision salah was clearly talking before cl final about being here and all that kind of good news stuff.

We are now stuck with him as no top top club will want to buy him :)

Our system is to have 3 forwards break quickly and have working midfielders win the ball quikc and cause the breaks.... and 2 cbs on their won defendingnand doing enough.

It's pretty clear we need to reinvent the lot.

17. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Bournemouth.

saintKlopp and InBiscanWeTrust like this.
  18. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

To be fair to Ali he was the only reason we had an opportunity to cone back at all. He made a number of great saves just to keep it at 2 nil. The only one if the defenders to come out with any credit. He was very good.

Zanjinho likes this.
  19. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Do you not think that we no longer have work horses in midfielders is a major issue.

Elliott for all his running never gets near. Thiago and Henderson can't run. Fab can run, but its like he's in slow motion.

The midfield is completely disfunction.

As an afterthought, I wonder if this is why trent is being used to come inside and bulk the midfield numbers to cover for the lack of pace and control.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He's done well so far but he's also bit very hit and miss. As good as he played yesterday, he could play very poorly next time out.

saintKlopp likes this.