1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Apr 10, 2018.

?

Result

Poll closed Apr 13, 2018.
  1. Win

75.0%
  2. Season over

25.0%
  1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

imo very good is a tad over the top and i think the clean sheets is more to do with better defensive set up. I agree that since he is now the nailed on number 1 he has improved personally and the relationship with the back 4 is already better than Migs achieved but he still scares the crap out of me . :emoticon-0101-sadsm

jenners04 likes this.
  2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I think very good is fair. Yes, the improved defence as contributed to the clean sheets but Karius as made some tremendous saves too. Granted, he's also flapped a couple but got away with them. The only real questionable act is the penalty here conceded but that's really down to opinion.

Agree he's not yet at a stage where he gets 100% confidence from fans though. Needs to perform over a much longer period of time and cut out the flaps

Jimmy Squarefoot and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  3. moreinjuredthanowen

I think all he can do is keep going and show the required standard.
    goalkeeping is about concentration and consistency.

often in a struggling side the keeper looks great cos he has lots to do and the odd mistake is forgotten as the side let's in goals anyway.

in top sides you might be called upon 4/5 times in general come out and deal with something situations and maybe have one real save to make with 85 other minutes of just moving and being ready.

if you ever watch a keeper from.behind the goal you should see them moving with the ball back and forth when its down the other end so they are always positioned to come out on a long ball or whatever. thry dont run far but mentally it's as demanding as any position on the pitch.

if karius can be consistent then that's half the battle.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.