1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool fans take the penalty decision with grace

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Paulpowersleftfoot, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Well explain why Liverpool have not come out and denied/confirmed the aeroplane gestures did not happen if those who claimed it did are lying?

2. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

"Remember that Suarez admitted saying "negro" to Evra, but that was never caught on camera. And that was in the middle of the game, with hundreds of cameras trained at the pitch. In a near empty stadium with hardly any cameras left on, it's very conceivable that something could have been missed"

The cctv cameras are trained on all parts of the crowds and exits, not on the field. And there is another explaination why Suarez was not caught on camera saying 'negro' to evra, and certainly not for the seven times the panel decided upon, and be sure that had that gone to a real court that other explaination would have been explored.

3. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

I find utd fans are far too easily offended but very rarely ashamed

4. Prince Knut

Explain why they haven't produced the cctv tapes if they did.

5. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

You will have to ask Liverpool fc for the answer to that.

6. Prince Knut

Christian, this is a thread about facts and verifiable evidence. You'd be more at home in a childish insult thread, which would be more akin to your complete lack of any discernible intelligence. So **** off back to your village; they're missing you.

7. Prince Knut

Er, and so will you. :emoticon-0120-doh:

8. Prince Knut

That's not what you said, feller. You stated that it's not a term of endearment - you didn't qualify it with context.

9. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

I am not the one denying it happened. Fact is 2 Liverpool fans stayed behind and made some gestures which provoked the United fans. My mate told me that and i posted this after i finished talking to him after the game. Also many others on various sites/blogs/forums have said the same.

10. ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME Active Member

Dude do you not have a life? It`s over it`s done nothing a geek like you will change anything.
    On the day YOUR supporters should have been remembering YOUR dead, YOUR supporters decided to mock Munich and Utd supporters retaliated.
    Rather than keep pushing your i want video evidence before i will believe it to Utd fans.
    Why not stick to the Liverpool board and ask why were some of our fans absolute ****s with no thought to the occaision?

11. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

Patronising = not a term of endearment.

12. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So what we have is some United fans whose friends stayed after the end (well of course they had no choice) and said they saw it. Their story is being disputed by a Liverpool fan who had a couple of mates at the game who left the ground bang on time or earlier so canlt say one way or the other. But it still never happened.....

The Irish Independent and Daily Telegraph said it did - amazed that two "quality" newspapers would go to such lengths to alienate some of their readership by making this stuff up to be honest.

Just to point out that none of this is aimed at RHC - he worries me as he's too logical, level headed and realistic to be a liverpool fan <whistle>.

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Fair play, that's a great contribution to the debate. Rapier insight. <ok>

14. Prince Knut

And that makes it a 'fact'? <laugh>

15. Prince Knut

The Irish Independent never sourced its initial story, other papers (and commentators) just followed. Not one of them actually said they saw it, and the initial Sky report never mentioned it. I was honest enough to say my two sources never saw it - including any of numerous 'other' gestures that UIR has now thrown into the mix. So to summarise, United fans 'caught' singing Hillsborough and Heysel songs that their club asled them not to on film: Liverpool fans ALLEGED to have made Munich gestures to antagonise them (and all through the game, apparently) that hasn't been captured by cameras during the game or cctv after.

Over to you.

16. Prince Knut

And btw, none of the United fans on here making claims were at the match either. Another thing about logic and law, the person/accuser saying something happened is the one who has the onus of the burden of proof, not the one asking for evidence of the accusation. <ok>

17. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

So what you're trying to say is.....

It's not your fault and you're the victims?

I would also like to see this proof of United fans caught singing Hillborough songs and just who was left in the stadium at the time they were alleged to have sung them. You know, having not sung them through the entire match it seems a little unusual they decided to spring into a rendition when most Liverpool fans had left. If it wasn't for your concrete facts to the contrary I would think it likely they had been provoked.

18. Prince Knut

"When a public announcement urged supporters who stood throughout to sit down, they responded by singing &#8216;if it wasn&#8217;t for the Scousers we could stand&#8217;. It was because of Hillsborough that all-seater stadiums were introduced.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-fans-break-fragile-peace.html#ixzz27btpNI8w
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Hillsborough enough? And are you STILL trying to say ATV is about Suarez, even though your own club and manager said it was about Hillsborough? Just who here is playing the victim card as a justification of their actions? Absolutely no way am I justifying ANY Liverpool fans making Munich gestures - if they did that. IF they did that I want the inevitable evidence to be published so that we can name and shame and ban them. IF they did it.

I haven't said it didn't happen, the burden of proof is on those that said it did.

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You post a link to an article that clearly states nothing happened until provoked by a Liverpool fan mimicking a plane yet still demand video proof. Bizarre that really.

On a more serious note though, how can a journalist get away with spelling your, you're?

20. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

So when the article claims United chanted X its true, but when it says LFC fans did aeroplane gestures it's "IF" they did.

What a pathetic tool and hypocrite you are.

Wish the mods would flush you away back to your own board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.