1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool fans take the penalty decision with grace

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Paulpowersleftfoot, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Oh well let me retort. Exactly WHERE have I said liverpool fans are in any way paragons of virtue? I have recounted the story of how my father laid a prick out in the Supporter's Club who was singing THAT song. BUT, I expected our fans, on THAT day more than any other, not to make any gestures/chanting towards Munich or tragedies in general. THAT is why and several others want evidence - IF it happened we SHOULD be able to identify them/him and make an example of them. If we can't, despite the overwhelming amount of video evidence there SHOULD be, we follow this story to its source and find out which news outlet started it and reported it without the same level of evidence attached to the United fans' chants, and name and shame them instead.

Swarbs, i have offered no solution as to what Utd do with their fans. as I've previously said, the CLUB has been magnificent, second only to Everton. If a whole end starts a song though I can't think what you can do - except consider the ulimate of banning all away fans from OT and Anfield for this fixture in future. But, if one/two Liverpool have made gestures we at Liverpool CAN do something about it - identify, shame and ban them for life. It is inconceivable that no recording of two people in an emptying stadium do not exist. Therefore an opportunity to carry out the wishes of the representitives of the 96 should not be lost. If it exists, that is.

And all of you, when the **** have I used the Hillsborough Report to exonerate the crimes and misdemeanours of Liverpool fans through the ages? Not true, not true at all. I was at Heysel and have written about it extensively. I was at Leeds a few seasons ago for a League Cp tie and had the 'joy' to stand in front of a hardcore group of Spirit of Shankly ****ers who spent 99% of time just singing about H&G, after their other 1% of United-related songs (including an attempt to sing THAT song) was drowned out by the rest of us. Some of our fans were, have been, are and will be again SCUM. I want them out. this is an opportunity - if it exists/happened.

But as to believing at face value every unverifiable report about ANY fans now, let alone Liverpool fans, i don't believe our media, specifically newspapers, any more. Given what came out a fortnight ago that is not paranoia, and nor is it a free-pass to absolve our fans of any sins because they were innocent at Hillsborough. Let me though ask you this: had there been a Sky report, with video evidence, that one/two Liverpool fans were making airplane gestures at united fans at the end of the game as the crowd emptied; then an hour later an Irish newspaper reported, withoutany other evidence apart from hearsay, that United fans had been singing hillsborough and heysel songs, despite their club's express wishes not to sing THAT particular song, then several newspapers started reporting as 'fact' that United fans were singing these songs, despite not one eyewitness actually stating that they saw it...... you wouldn't ask for evidence? No? well as i say, perhaps 23 years of lies and slurs does make you a bit touchy then.

2. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Correct to aswell.

It is some. The Yernited thread on the Liverpool board shows how some are trying to play the victim card and others are either just fed up or willing to admit its something that happens with both sets.

Those who play the victim or deny anything bad about Liverpool, I no longer have time for. Everyone else ( all but 3 or 4 people really ) business as usual you relegation candidate supporting moob lickers <ok> <laugh>

Oh and close this thread now, in the interests of fairness.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Many Liverpool fans are enjoying a pyrrhic victory and moral high ground after the Hillsborough report.

Unfortunately for them, the match-going football community that has had to put up with their behaviour season in season out for the past few decades, knows the truth.

That Liverpool have, amongst them (but not all of them, Donnie, you are a good man), the vilest, most unpleasant, worst-behaved and certainly most irritating chav fans in England... bar none.

4. Prince Knut

"Many Liverpool fans are enjoying a pyrrhic victory and moral high ground after the Hillsborough report."

Nothing 'pyrrhic' abot being exonerated after a twenty three year battle for the truth of what happened that day. I appreciate it isn't what some people wanted to hear - a United supporter in work who has steadfastly stuck to the "drunk, ticketless hooligans" story for all the time I've known him now says "You'll be telling us next your fans weren't at Heysel"..... At least now the majority of fans in between (including most United fans) who were somewhat inbetween now know what we've said all along.

Moral high ground? Due to the persistence and determination in the face of overwhelming odds, a group of aggreived families took on and beat the Establishment, albeit it took 23 years. I say beat, but I doubt whether any of those involved in the slur and subsequent cover-up will ever face anything but slight censure - well not when there's people who faced with insurmountable evidence simply say "Well they're the worst fans in the world, so even if this one was a lie, the other suspicions, slurs, accusations and stories must all be true..." So yeah, perhaps it is 'pyrrhic',, in the sense we 'won' but people have just changed the slur now.

5. UIR - Kagawa Powa

One of them is now crying that United fans chanted through the awful YNWA.

So ****ing what, should be given a medal for it.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You do realise Donga that when poeple mention a moral high ground that it isn't the victims families that are being referred to?
    Surely that is obvious.

No, it is the users of this website, people who have no connection whatsoever to Hillsborough other than that they support Liverpool. It is they that are being referred to.
    They are the ones who having heard the verdict have decided to wipe the slate clean and come across like butter would not, never has and could not possibly ever, melt in their mouths and those of every Liverpool fan on the planet.

It's bollocks.

And yeah, why the **** should we not drown out that utter dirge of an anthem of yours? It does everyone's ears a favour. That's what rival supporters do, try to out sing each other.

7. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

8. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As I said before, it is very far from inconceivable that is the case. The stadium was emptying, cameras were being turned off, most of the Sky people had probably left. Take a look at the footage of the Utd fans singing - that is from the other end of the stadium and appears to be footage taken out of the window of the TV studio - the camera isn't even pointed at the stand. If there were all these cameras around, then surely someone would have gotten a close up video of the individual Utd fans? Unless, of course, it was pure chance that some bloke was in the studio at the time, heard the chanting and turned the camera on hoping to get some good shots for the news...

Remember that Suarez admitted saying "negro" to Evra, but that was never caught on camera. And that was in the middle of the game, with hundreds of cameras trained at the pitch. In a near empty stadium with hardly any cameras left on, it's very conceivable that something could have been missed.

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The 4 minute thread doesn't paint Utd in a particularly bad light. If anything, it does the opposite as KPR argues that if Utd fans start chanting or mocking then Liverpool supporters will retaliate. Guess he didn't realise it would happen the other way round...

10. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Announcer says YNWA is part of the service. UIR checks footage. Those words were never spoken.

Conclusion, more fake outrage from a small number of outraged Liverpool fans who are outraged at everything.

11. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Liverpool fans who attended the game have been discussing the shameful idiots who let them down. The small number of Liverpool fans through out the game who decided it was a good idea to do plane gestures at United fans. These gestures got no reaction until 20 minutes after the game when some Liverpool fans continued to do it and the chants seen on Sky Sports News started.

They will ask for proof but all I will say is talk to some people at the game, the above is what Liverpool fans NOT united fans have said.

Whonext believes Liverpool fans are excused because United dared, literally dared to chant through YNWA. Shoot them all I say and their families and their families children. Its the only logical way*

* The word logical has been brought to you in part, by whonext.

12. Prince Knut

Had no problem with you singing through YNWA. As I said, it wasn't a minute's silence, and had we been the team that played you on the 50th anniversary of Munich i'd have prayed that we stayed that we shut up like City did, but drown out that syruppy pap of Country Roads. Had no problem with the Where's your Munich song? either. Pretty well expected it and was cheered by the fact that you didn't get the response you wanted so that some ****ehawks could sing the Hillsborough and Heysel songs they were busting too. Just wanted a 'victim' card, SOME United fans, so that they could kick off.

Ironic, really. <whistle>

13. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

Just a quick note on 'negrito', which has been referenced on this thread. Literally it means 'little black'. Just like 'chicharo' means 'pea' and 'chicharito' means 'little pea'. The "term of endearment" bollox is laughable.

14. Prince Knut

"They will ask for proof but all I will say is talk to some people at the game, the above is what Liverpool fans NOT united fans have said."

Do you not think I have done? My brother-in-law is a season ticket holder in the Centenary - he saw nothing, but admitted he was out as soon as possible after the final whistle. Workmate was in the Kop and he too was out in a flash at the end. I asked him about the end business and he said he'd read about it but hadn't seen anyhting while in the ground. This business about gestures now being throughout the game - and not one caught on camera and put on YouTube?

Again, IF these things happened, it's inconceivable that they won't be caught on camera. If so, identify, name and shame, and ban. IF they exist.

BTW, it's now three days on from the game. If we give it a week will there be gossip, hearsay, unverifiable accusations that millions of Liverpool fans really did start it all by humming the Munich song so that their lips didn't move, and therefore they couldn't be identified? Victimhood indeed.

15. ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME Active Member

Ok RHC i accept where you are coming from, but, would i be wrong to suspect you also agree where i and other fans come from?

16. Prince Knut

Only if you think there's something wrong with being little and black. And you should tell that to De Gea and hernandz, who've both used the phrase themselves.

17. Prince Knut

All cctv cameras need to be working by law now (since Hillsborough) and they cannot be turned off until the ground is empty. That's a fact Swarbs - check it out.

18. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

It's patronising, like the term 'boy' that was used by racist whites in the southern US. Basically implying that black people are somehow 'smaller' and lesser than whites.

As for de Gea and Chicharito, I doubt they've used it repeatedly towards a black player on an opposing team in an obvious attempt to wind them up.

19. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

God there is a lot of **** written on this thread.

20. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Well it didn't take long for the muppet bore Dango to jump in andbore us with his tomes ...<whistle>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.