1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool fans take the penalty decision with grace

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Paulpowersleftfoot, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't get beyond the third line, never mind the third paragraph. At first I did read a few of your posts but it became apparent that it was like reading Harry Potter books. The same old **** but gradually evolving into longer format. By the way, have you ever read the Gettysburg address? It almost makes you sound interesting!

2. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The point being made was that nobody bats an eyelid when it was said about Dixie Dean (it was all in good taste blah blah blah and perhaps it was) but if a United manager had said it about his friend (and they are friends as Dalglish actually asked a journalist, Henry Winter, to get Ferguson to do the foreword for his book) there'd be riots in the streets. There's a perception that United are driven by hatred of Liverpool - that may be the case but it is most certainly not, never has been and never will be a one way street,

Oh and by the way, you're all keen on critcising people for mocking death - no problem there - so why does a section of your support still have a banner counting down the time to the death of Maggie Thatcher? I mightn't disagree with the sentiments (and I can see exactly why anyone North of London, and obviously most especially people in Liverpool, would think like that) but if singing or bragging about death or wishing it upon someone is so out of order then why is that still allowed?

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

<ok>

The most self pitying backward looking moronic fans in the world are the scousers. It is always someone else's fault: the referee, the FA, the woodwork, the weather (Houllier) the wind, the snow, the opposition everybody else except them.

5. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

"Oh and by the way, you're all keen on critcising people for mocking death - no problem there - so why does a section of your support still have a banner counting down the time to the death of Maggie Thatcher? I mightn't disagree with the sentiments (and I can see exactly why anyone North of London, and obviously most especially people in Liverpool, would think like that) but if singing or bragging about death or wishing it upon someone is so out of order then why is that still allowed?"

By that logic no-one should have celebrated the death of Bin Laden.

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Scouse rules: It's OK to celebrate the deaths of Matthew Harding, Duncan Edwards, Matt Busby, Shipman's victims but not the 96 'angels'.

7. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

No it's not and I challenge to find the quote that said it is the case. Btw, why the 96 'angels' in quotes? What are you trying to insinuate there? Are you advising Mackenzie and Bettisson by any chance?

8. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think when you start arguing about whose death it's "ok" to be happy about you all need to have a long hard look at yourselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.