1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool fail FFP

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Mar 4, 2014.

1. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Always doesn't mean two times (Evra & Heysel) or every time except for once (Hillsborough), it means "at all times; on all occasions".

Liverpool fans didn't choose the meaning of the word "always" or to use it in the chant.

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

True but it's not really singing about the tragedy itself, more singing about those Liverpool fans who have tried to blame others for it, distance themselves from this period of their history etc as well as other incidents such as Suarez gate/s.

No-one is singing about Hillsborough and I wonder if some Liverpool fans are making this assumption wrongly on purpose to take some sort of moral high ground, which in itself would be tragic.

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

"more often than not" maybe wouldn't have had the same ring to it....just a wild stab in the dark there. <doh>

Even when its been explained by the people who actually used it, you're still applying your own narrative to it - because it suits. For shame lad, for shame.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I can't recall Chelsea singing that song after Heysel or Hillsborough.

I can only recall the song being sung post Suarez. Can any Blues remember it being sung before?

I can see why a LFC fan would think it is about Heysel, but only a warped paranoid mind would think it is about Hillsborough.

5. astro

astro Well-Known Member

You're applying your own narrative too.

Since you know the mind of everyone who sings the chant and can assure me their only concern is for how it scans rather than a sly reference to a tragedy many of them used to openly sing about too then we can all move on and get back to how Liverpool are not going to be punished under FFP if we qualify for the CL next season <ok>

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I can't. Not to say it wasn't sung earlier but I think there is a general view that there is a large proportion of Liverpool fans who take themselves far too seriously and think the world is against them. The sort that blame Evertonians etc for posing as Liverpool fans on Twitter to abuse ex pros. It's that concept that the club can never be wrong and there must be some other reason for their failings (the sort of failings all clubs have).

The kind of tin foil hat wearing morons on RAWK who for years having been saying there has been some sort of conspiracy with the f.a and fergie to keep United dominating etc.

Not all Liverpool fans of course. Most are rational but there is a significant proportion of idiots too.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It was created by United fans after the Evra debacle and we simply picked it up from there.

We've just labelled all of their many misdemeanours over the years as 'kopite behaviour'.

8. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Remember the words 'always' and 'never' mean a lot, not once so shove you 'kopite behaviour' up your arse

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Only if you choose to add meaning that isn't there, but don't let that stop you. <ok>

#offendedbyeverythingashamedofnothing

#thatskopitebehaviour

10. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

The chants were sung at a youth game in 2011 before Suarez/Evra so those who claim it's about him are wrong. Here's a blog from a utd fan about that youth game. He must be one of the 'warped, paranoid minds' you speak of. "It&#8217;s sadly true that chants about the tragic death of Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough were sung about."

It's an honest piece and some lfc fans don't come out well either. http://www.stretford-end.com/2011/03/the-truth-about-the-liverpool-vs-man-united-fa-youth-cup-tie/

11. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

#defendingchantingofpeopledying

#tobesandcpoflbehaviour

Must say Im suprised, I wouldn't have lumped you two together

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

That piece doesn't specifically mention that the chants used that day were the same one we're discussing here, so that's a false assumption

13. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

It's on youtube.

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Not at all, the chant in question doesn't even mention it & it's about the kopite psyche, as opposed to glorifying that horrific event.

But you already know that, but carry on with the faux offended stance & enjoy your lofty perch on your high moral horse (as per)

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Not that I can see it isn't

16. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<applause> Everyone's got to stop mocking disasters whatever they happen to be. Christ there's enough rubbish we can all throw at each other without resorting to that.

17. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It was also sung by Man Utd fans at the tribute during the first game after the 2012 Hillsborough report.

18. chelsea - over 100 years of history

It's also one giant leap to make to assume anyone who now sings that song is referring to Hillsborough just because it was apparently sung with that in mind previously.

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Well frankly some of the singing and one-upmanship that goes on between your respective clubs is pretty pathetic from both sides.

20. Shocked you came out with that bit, didn't expect it at all! <doh>

There is a reason it started "can I ask" rather than just actually doing it. Excellent selective quoting <applause>

PS...and I'm gone (again)