1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Live Streams

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spudulike, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Thought I'd share some highly useful info I recently discovered going into the new season and beyond about how you can all stream live games far easier and with less hassle, as I've noticed in the past many of you struggle to find a decent live stream mostly because:

a) you're using ****ty online streaming sites crammed full of ads and malware, and
    b) you're looking in the wrong places

The best way for you to watch live games is to use live IPTV streams. The web is crammed full of them but it's knowing how to find them and use them.

Here's my tips on getting HD quality streams with no ****ty ads and no hassles...

1) First thing is to install an application called "VLC Player". It's completely legit so it's no going to harm your machine. It's simply a media player:
    https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

The application is available for Windows PC and macOS, as well as Android and iOS. Frankly, I find using the mobile version on tablets and phones a pain. It's very user unfriendly. I recommend using VLC on a desktop or laptop machine only.

2) Once you have downloaded and installed VLC Player, you need to find free IPTV stream playlists online. I found a load just by Googling "free iptv stream playlists". There's a ton out there but the one site I find most reliable is:
    https://www.iptvm3ulist.com

On the site homepage, just hit the country of the streams you want. If you're wanting to watch live broadcasts on Sky or BT Sport then of obviously, hit the UK graphic or use the side nav listing the countries.

On the next page, I usually hit the button with the latest list of "free server lists" at the top of the page, then on the subsequent page scroll right down until I can hit the Download all m3u playlists (zip file) link.

This will save a ZIP file to you machine containing playlists. The zip file contains m3u playlist files so completely harmless.

3) Fire up VLC Player and then simply drag and drop one of the playlist files onto the VLC Player window. It should start playing the first channel on the playlist.

To change channel, go to "Window > Playlist" from the application menu and you should then see a complete list of channels that are in the playlist you downloaded. Simply scroll to find the channel you want and double click.

Note: VLC Player has an annoying habit of changing channel every 15-20 seconds by default from the playlist file. To stop this, go to "Playback" in the application menu and select "Repeat One" to prevent this.

Now, you should be good to go.

During the season, I find networks like BEIN Sports transmits pretty much every premier league game live so you may want to download the Arabic channels if Spurs aren't playing the live games on Sky or BT that day. Some US networks are a good place to start as well.

Give it a go and see how you get on

Finally, I have no affiliation or connection to anything posted above. Just sharing the love guys. Enjoy :emoticon-0148-yes:

VLC-Player.jpg

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I use VLC all the time whenever playing media.

Used to use it for when Bloodzeed done his online streams but it became unreliable and constantly stuttering (I have good internet) and in the end Bloodzeed quit.

Whenever I need to watch an away game I've often found good HD streaming links on twitter but might give this a go as sometimes it takes one or two links to find the best stream so if this can eradicate faffing about I'm all for it.

Cheers, Spud <ok>

3. Spudulike

You sure it’s not your processor speed or perhaps your network causing buffering?

If you’re using WiFi, switch to ethernet.

Stuttering is almost always caused by buffering which may be a network issue as your device isn’t getting enough data to play a continuous stream.

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Ah WiFi could be the issue then. I haven’t used an ethernet in ages as I binned my desktop off years ago and have had laptops ever since.

Spudulike likes this.
  5. Spudulike

WiFi sucks ass. Use Ethernet.

Dier Hard likes this.
  6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Cheers Spud...useful info...will defo give it a go for the new season

7. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, will give this a try next season.

Spudulike likes this.
  8. TillIDie

TillIDie Active Member

Nice one will defo try this
    Thanks for the info !!

Spudulike likes this.
  9. Spudulike

Just a word of caution, I notice that a lot of the streams no longer work after a certain period, so you will need to download the latest playlists each week to ensure the channels work on match days.

The m3u files can easily be edited in a plain text editor so if you wish, you can create your own custom playlists with just sports channels for example.

10. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I use IPTV in conjunction with a Mag 256 box. It’s a closed stream service that costs me just £40 per year.

I can watch pretty much any game anywhere on several different streams - virtually all HD.

11. Spudulike

I do exactly the same. The streams I’ve mentioned here are pretty much the same as those used on MAG boxes. But most of the guys won’t want to buy a set top box and pay a subscription. This is the next best thing and a lot cheaper.

12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

To me, £40 a year is peanuts. Plus all the streams are in one place and easy to find. Ok, the outlay for the box is about £65-70. Mine’s 5-6 years old now

For that I get all the footie, all the stuff like documentaries, plus the very latest movies.

13. Spudulike

I recently upgraded to a MAG 322 thinking it would be better. No different. So your 5-6 year old MAG 254 is fine I’m sure.

14. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I was considering an upgrade, but if there’s no real advance to be seen over the 256, I’ll stick with that.

15. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

You can get this with Amazon Firestick I think?

16. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Yes, you can load onto a firestick via the GSE app. I prefer the Mag as it’s easy to use and gives a good picture. I do have the streams loaded on an Apple TV box on an upstairs tv, but the pic isn’t as good.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    SpursDisciple likes this.
  17. Spudulike

Which provider do you use?

18. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I’m not giving the name here as the guy keeps his head well down and never advertises. If you’re interested I’ll PM you.

19. Spudulike

Yeah PM me please as my current suppliers are going flakey on me.