1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Live SAFC games

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Charley Farley, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

Ive recently signed up with Carry on.
    It costs £45 iirc for a year of films and free SAFC games.
    The films include new ones like Dunkirk, Shape of water, Darkest hour, 3 billboards.
    The footy has 95% of sunderland games.
    I watched the Brentford game and the Bolton game is on tonight.
    The films are all top quality. HD.
    The footy is quite good quality although it will sometimes freeze for a second or so, far better than most of the other streams. A drawback is that there’s no commentary although sometimes there is a commentary.
    I’ve only had this since Friday so I can’t tell you how the other games are quality wise but others who have had it longer than me are all well satisfied. The stream is from the clubs own videos and are on the I follow platform. Most championship clubs use this but not us so occasionally there will be a game missed.
    BT and all sky sports channels are all there.
    The boxing on Friday was there as well (free)
    There’s loads of choices for all types of sports.

To get this you have to join Carry On, a closed group on Facebook.
    You need an Amazon fire stick which is about £39 but gives you lots of other tv as well.
    You then download plex for the films and idtv for all the sports (these are apps)
    Then you send a message on Facebook asking to be connected and switched on, they will reply and talk you through the set up procedure.
    I think this is well worth the money. If any of you out there have it perhaps you can give your two pennyworth on it.
    It’s run by Sunderland lads.

It’s a bit of a clart on getting set up but if you get lost ask somebody young what to do.
    I’d fully recommend it.

2. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Up the Kyber was my favourite

Billy Death likes this.
  3. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Carry on doctor, oooooooooooooh matron ! I do a great Kenny Williams impersonation.

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

How much does it cost to never have to watch any Sunderland games? That's an increasingly appealing package.

Billy Death likes this.
  5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I hate that people are saying this - but I hate the fact that I think it even more!!

6. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

One thing stood out for me watching the game last night and that was our fans.
    Singing their hearts out for the lads all through the game.

As for the game itself, 2 poor teams but we didn’t deserve to lose.
    Theirs was a soft goal and we had severall chances but nobody good enough to put them away.
    Camp made a couple of good saves and they all put a shift in.

I was looking on here at half time and as the game on ‘Carry on’ ‘I follow’ platform is a couple of minutes later the last post I saw was ‘Get in’ so I thought we had scored straight after 2nd half kick off.
    Thanks.

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

It looked very similar to the McManaman one against Reading when I watch it back - he seemed to put it in with hnis hand - that coupled with the fact that Sunderland should have had a throw in as the ball was off the pitch when Billy Jones picked it up and, looking at what I saw from the ref, he seemed to think so too! These things conspire against you when you're in a position that we are (not saying we're there because of referees etc but, when you play well enough to deserve something from a game and it's decided like that you feel hard done by)