1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Lincoln v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 22, 2021.

?

Hull city win?

Poll closed Apr 24, 2021.
  1. Hull City win

58.1%
  2. Impressive

16.2%
  3. Draw

25.7%
  1. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this picture
    when a single photo can say
    so many Words.... just brilliant
    Wonder what is going through
    your head rite about now mate !!!
    5A5ABC6D-4ACE-432D-B97E-81D1309ACCF9.jpeg

2. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree. Havent seen enough of him. Most times he looked a very decent, intelligent player.

Red top reader likes this.
  3. Red top reader

I agree,

4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

For me, that deservedly contented and satisfied look says "we've smashed the back out of it, and with a full focus on the next 3 hours of football to come, we can go down in hometown history as Champions".

5. Red top reader

Didn’t know where to put it so posted it here..
    Good old green bricks...
    5915E160-6FEC-4BE7-90AD-ADEEC7DA1BCD.jpeg

6. Red top reader

Love this one...
    Concentrate on the ball lad...
    D6E45FF1-A54D-495B-941B-55CC3B77703F.jpeg

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Head Coach Grant McCann feels that a strong collective belief in the process and playing style has been a key factor in Hull City’s promotion success this season.

The Tigers booked their place back in the Sky Bet Championship with a win at Lincoln City last weekend, with McCann’s men currently on an impressive 13-match unbeaten run that stretches back to late February, and he says he couldn’t be any more proud of the way everybody has gone about their business.

“We’ve believed in what we’re doing,” said McCann.

“We’ve believed in the process, our playing style and the way we play doesn’t change although we have ways of manipulating the game if we need to. We recruit to that. It’s pleasing when it all comes together.

“The front three – Mallik (Wilks), Josh (Magennis) and Keano (Lewis-Potter) – they’ve all got into double figures for goals and that is the first time that has happened here since 2003/04 when Stuart Elliott, Ben Burgess and Danny Allsopp scored 47 between them. I played with Stuart and he was some player, but this season’s front three have bettered that figure and that in itself tells you everything about the season. I couldn’t be any more proud of all of the boys and the staff.”

And McCann has again reiterated his desire to round the season off by lifting the League One title. The Tigers go into their final two games of the campaign with a three-point advantage at the top.

“It’s one thing getting promoted, but winning a title is a different kettle of fish,” he continued.

“We know we’ve got a strong challenge from Peterborough United but we’ll be giving everything we have got to get the job done. There’s an excitement attached to it and the players are relishing it, as they’ve relished the challenge of the whole season. We’ve got the first bit done by getting back to the Championship, so the second bit is to try and win the league.”

8. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

No masks? I hope you was in quarantine for the required period?

9. Red top reader

Ok it’s from an ex Wednesday player but still it’s a nice thing to say.. cheers mucker !!!

“We’ve all been covering the EFL for many, many years and I’ve been covering it for a decade, but this has to be one of the standout stories, standout achievements that we’ve ever seen,” he told the Sky Sports podcast.
    McCann was vilified by some supporters following the club’s relegation, and even as the Tigers began to roar back this term, the Northern Irishman has come under intense pressure, and Hinchcliffe says the club deserve credit for sticking with their ethos and not ripping up the script despite the manner of last season's drop.
    “It was such a humiliating relegation, I guess the temptation would have been to change absolutely everything and say ‘it’s so wrong, we have to change everything to get it right’ but they didn’t.
    “They held fast and turned things around.”
    No team in English football’s top four leagues has found the net with more regularity than the Tigers, while on the road the 48 goals they’ve scored is a new club record.
    City’s cause has been helped significantly by the goals which have come from their regular front three.
    Mallik Wilks is out in front on 22 followed by Josh Magennis' 17 and then Keane Lewis-Potter with 14, a factor crucially important to their success, says Hinchcliffe.
    “You talk about goals, 48 of those 77 goals have come from Magennis, Lewis-Potter and Wilks,” he said.
    “If you’ve got three players scoring those goals regularly you’re going to have a chance.”
    Should City claim the title this weekend then you would be hard pushed to find a more stirring comeback in recent times, and one for which McCann and his players are worthy of the superlatives coming their way......

CANADATIGER, AlRawdah and petersaxton like this.
  10. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

He must have been excited to meet an actual astronaut...

11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

12. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member