1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lincoln in T'Cup..

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, Jan 5, 2017.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

We got a football lesson on our own pitch from a Non League team for Christi's sake!

Just how much more of this garbage are we meant to put up with?

Stay away protests? Banners draped over the Sir Bobby stand?

I can't believe that the local rag and BBC Suffolk are being so bloody timid! Grow a pair FFS and ask McCarthy the difficult questions that the fans want answering.

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  2. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

McCarthy and co need to inject some confidence in the squad, we're playing with fear and the opposition know it.
    In some ways I hope the replay is live on BBC but maybe not as it could just be another humiliation!

3. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

We have now gone 19 matches without a one/two sequence of any result W.D.L ..:emoticon-0104-surpr Must have Town heading for some sort of record...???<monster>

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  4. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Wow first on MOTD! Must've been a while since that happened

5. johnnywarksmoustache

Only cos we were the plucky underdogs.

6. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Lincoln kept it simple and played with pace and kept the ball mainly on the floor, in the first half our MF pairing of Bru and Dozzell were far too lightweight and couldn't cope so the defence came under pressure far too easily.
    Gerken reminded us why he isn't first choice keeper with a typically unsure display, several times defenders were waiting for him to come and collect the ball only to have to hack it out when they came under pressure as he stood rooted to the spot, He was far too slow in coming for Berra's back header which cost us their second goal.
    All in all it was another woeful performance with Pitman hardly touching the ball, powder puff challenges, or no challenge at all, which led me to the conclusion that they had been told not to get injured, I don't think we even got a yellow card such was the lack of involvement by our players and this was a Cup tie for Christ's sake.
    But for Lawrence we would have lost easily so we must play our full strength side in the replay and no more of this " niggles " bullshit, stop insulting our Club MM and stop insulting our fans many of whom including me won't go to the replay to watch a team of players go through the motions and not get hurt.

7. johnnywarksmoustache

So Lincoln have got Brighton at Hone in the next round....