1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leyton Orient V PNE

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Sep 28, 2011.

1. tommyt

tommyt Member

Always on the cards. Problem is that we do not defend well. Cannot expect to outscore opponents every week. Not convinced with the keeper. Quicker Turner returns the better. And finally what has gone wrong with Alexander. From being Mister consistent he has become a liability. Need a new penalty taker and quick.

2. theflyingplumber

Yes tommyt it has been on the cards for a while now with a few narrow squeaks over the last few games. The first time the forwards had an off day or were well marked, we were going to pay for our shortcomings defensively. Today was the day I think but even so a missed penalty and many decent chances let the team down. I suspect that other teams are now well aware of Northend's weaknesses and will attack both flanks at pace and through the midfield.
    The balance between the forwards and the back four is not how it should be, the back four are not getting the support and protection that they should be getting. IMHO we do not have the right type or good enough players to play 4 3 3, going forward we are ok but when it comes to defending etc the middle three are not good enough. Even playing 4 4 2 we still dont have that crucial ball winner in midfield so a lot for PB to think about. It's far from doom and gloom though there are a lot of positives so far this season and Northend are in a very good league position no doubt about it. I am confident that PB will resolve any problems and we will continue to do well...<ok>

:)

3. tommyt

tommyt Member

Well said Plumber, we are very vulnerable on the flanks. On so many occasions have we seen wide players given lots of space. Hope someone is listening.

4. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

It was a good save from the penalty as well

5. smith_pne

smith_pne New Member

Morning all!
    Bad day at the office for PNE yest, and a very disaapointing result.
    Great start and a well taken goal, but then we really werent at the races in terms of creativity today, probably for the first time this season... I didnt actually think we defended too badly, but I think their first goal could have been prevented. I thought Grezza's pen was a decent one and it was a really good save to be fair.
    Excellent noisy following again, the away section was pretty much full so I guess about 900 had made the journey and made themselves heard!
    I am sure that PB will get them firing ready for a big match at home to Sheff U next week. Will be interesting if he looks to make any changes in personnel/formation and I guess if he has been considering either now would be the time to do it. We have still had a really good start to the season and I firmly believe there will be more days than not where we control games and create chances, and thus take 3points.
    One to forget about then, and start the preparation for the next 3 points!!

6. theflyingplumber

Afternoon smith_pne and thanks once again for your match summary..<ok>

Yes it was a very disappointing result and one that most fans didn't expect, but as mentioned earlier in the thread not completely unexpected. Northend have been sailing close to the wind for a number of games now and on this occasion the O's got the better of us. So the winning run has come to an end and Northend have to re group, and do their best to put another winning sequence together and retain a position at the top end of the League.
    We can all have our pet theories on what formation/Team and tactics should be adopted by the manager, but not a one of us has the experience that Phil Brown has or be privy to all the information at his disposal.

We were all conscious of the need not to become carried away by PNE's good start and now we have to be just as careful that we dont get carried away by one defeat in the last 8 League games. The O's finished last season in 7th place in this division just missing out on the playoffs, and the disappointment of missing out possibly carried over to the start of this season. Had Alexander scored from the penalty spot shortly after half time, the result might well have been different and we wouldn't be sat around looking for answers. It's a pity that the mates you took along missed seeing a Northend win, but did see how well supported the team are on their travels.

Hume and Daley will be missing from the Blades game due to International call up, so Phil Brown will have to think about the best way forward after losing yesterday ( and the number of goals we have been conceding ). Northend have to play Morecambe on Tuesday night in the JPT cup game and due to the competition rules will not be able to field a full shadow squad team, he has to play 6 players who played yesterday (I think). It is an opportunity for PB to mess around with team formation/tactics if he chooses to do so, and I am sure he will want to win the game. The Blades lost yesterday at home so they will be looking at getting their act back on track next Saturday like Northend.

Thanks for the summary smith_pne much appreciated...<ok>

7. smith_pne

smith_pne New Member

No worries Plumbs. Without a doubt, I am sure we will win more than we lose this season and we are in for a good one... will see how things pan out over the next few weeks but would be brilliant if we can show some consistency and make a real push for an auto place... if not I think on what I have seen from this first set of matches we should be good for the playoffs at least. been a real pleasure watching the whites so far this season especially the much improved atmosphere!!
    Didnt realise Humey was away at the weekend, a bit suprised that PNE didnt want to call it off, probably our best player in my opinion...

8. themaclad

Need to have 3 players called up to have the game called off at the moment we have two Hume and Daley

9. smith_pne

smith_pne New Member

Cheers Maclad, that makes sense then. Will be interesting how we set up on Saturday with that in mind....

10. mid010101

mid010101 New Member

got 3 now game off

11. BasildonO from that London

Cheers mate.The fire brigade supply eastenders with rain,we don't even have any clouds anymore <laugh> 30 deg in October was better than what we got in the summer.Good luck until you play us again.Remember our website when we next meet <ok>

12. theflyingplumber

The fire brigade here, are usualy pumping the rain out from flooded houses...<laugh>....but like you 30 deg last week...Too hot when you ain't used to it though...<laugh>

Yes will remember the O's website next time around..<ok>

13. themaclad

If you live next to the River in Walton, I'm not surprised