1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Let's Talk About Auba....

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by omogooner, Apr 13, 2021.

1. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

I think we all agree that we have a talented player in Auba... Also accept that he is going through a rough patch at the moment. Question is how does he get his mojo back? Fans are not allowed in the stadium, so how does Arteta rejuvenate Auba? Surely, not by dropping him?

2. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I think that there have been personal issues behind the scenes (mum ill) that have led to his drop in form. Confidence is so important for a striker and his has been affected.
    His major problem is that he isn’t a Captain or leader on the field, as he needs to concentrate on his own game.
    Whereas when Laca wears the armband you can see him trying to inspire the team and encourage them.
    Auba is only Captain because he is the highest earner, and I think he would benefit from this being given elsewhere, but in a way that the press don’t go overboard on

3. omogooner

His body language is just a bit off. He is still our talisman, and would rather him on the bench come on for 7mins than not in the match day squad at all! I guess gone are the days when players played through pain and guts.. Harry Kane is still one of such players!

4. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Well - he just revealed he has and has had malaria for the last 2 weeks. This might explain things.

gooner4ever likes this.
  5. omogooner

Thanks, I saw after that, I posted from the beeb website. The club initially revealed he had the flu and were not sure he would recover in time for the game tonight. So my comments were based on that assessment i.e. he had flu. I was thinking, missing 2 games from flu