1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

lets play

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Sep 24, 2020.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I was hoping, that SIR kier Starmer might be a breath of fresh air.
    This guy seems to sum him up pretty well.

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

BALLS !
    grumpygit
    Politicians ( of all political colour ), dare not give a straight answer -- situations evolve so quickly, that any decision, which later requires a U turn, will be ''political suicide.''
    Starmer has been extremely crass to suggest that the current medical crisis is BJ's fault ! I have criticised the Government for not acting more quickly - and with stricter measures - and with much earlier quarantine ---- but the current infection spike / second 'wave', is more about the lack of common sense by sections of our society, as opposed to Government policy.

I do not envy any Government ( Blue, Red, Orange ,Green , Loony, Scottish, etc ), as they try to keep people healthy, safe, in jobs, in business etc -- during the best of times - let alone during a Worldwide pandemic !

Politicians rarely please all of the people - all of the time. I can have an appreciation for a cosmopolitan array of ' political agenda ' ( including Red ones ), - and, in my opinion, the least worst choices should be strongly considered by our MPa -- but we know that is not how they work.

People in this country may not like everything that the Government is doing / asking us to do / guidelines /regulations etc regarding Coronavirus - but - most of us accept that the Government are managing to not drop too many of the' balls ' with which they are juggling - whereas Starmer, on this occasion, can only talk 'balls.'

grumpygit likes this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think the problem at the moment is how quickly things can change, I don't have a problem with U-turns, I prefer to look at it as adapting to the current situation.
    How do we plan for the future when the future is so fluid, will 6 months turn into 6 years, who knows, Starmer for me has made a major error using the virus for political ends.

alwaysright likes this.
  4. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

EXACTLY
    I too accept U turns as 'adapting'. - rather than to continue to make a mistake - just because you think people will blame you - and call you stupid etc....

Who would have thought it - that a Conservative Government would be throwing Billions of ££££ at the ordinary British worker - for doing ' nothing' ( isn't that more of a Labour policy ? )- I would have loved to have seen the look on Starmer's face when Furlough was suggested........ All that the opponents to Furlough (and its' successor ), can do is ask '' How are we going to pay for it ? '' --- well none of us, nor our grandchildren - nor their grandchildren, are going to be alive to witness the repayment in full ! --- but -- Furlough is a least worst option I talk about. .... Something had to be done to try to keep the Country 'going' - I don't think that talking out of his arse is the best option that Starmer can do......... he'd do better to scratch his arse -- oh - hang on a minute - that's exactly is ALL that he is doing.

grumpygit likes this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

The incredible thing is the government are also talking about stopping the franchise of railways and taking it back under a form of government umbrella, not full nationalization but very close. I do think it a shame that this virus has happened now, BJ is a clown, but strangely, I think he could have been good for the country under normal times.

alwaysright likes this.
  6. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

I don't think he will like being called BJ<laugh>

alwaysright and grumpygit like this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

please log in to view this image