1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lets not get too down

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Voluptuous Vuckic, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voluptuous Vuckic

Voluptuous Vuckic Active Member

Lets face it were 11th, 4 points clear of relegation, and +13 goals over Wolves which is probably worth atleast another point.

At the beginning of the year if people had offered us that we would of bit their hand off.

Ferguson looked extremely good against a very physical side.

We have two weeks to get players back and fully fit, and get them ready for Wolves.

I dont want to hear any ****e about Pardew out, let's get behind the lads and show Wolves what we can do in two weeks time.

HWTL

2. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

Agree mate, although Wolves and Villa games are very important now. Need to get atleast 4 points out of them and even then we may need over 42 to be 100% safe. Worrying times, but hopefully most of our key players will be up for selection come two weeks and be pumped up at home!

3. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

I'm disappointed by can see that key injuries are haunting us at the moment.

Two weeks to get some players back to fitness and I think we'll be OK.

4. AH

AH Active Member

It's always depressing having a 2 week break on the back of a defeat. March has been a very grim month!

Agree though mate, lets be glad of these 2 weeks, get some of our players back please!!

5. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

Very similar to my article mate, so I naturally agree 100% with you. Today hurt, and it just brings everyone back down to earth, but a win against Wolves and everything looks rosy again.

6. Tomski

Tomski Active Member

If Enrique and Best can get fit for Wolves then I think we'll beat them.

7. Donkey Toon

Donkey Toon Active Member

Well said. Too many injuries and a bad day at the office. We are still on track and there are nine teams in a worse position. Barton back to full fitness and Best up front and we will be okay, we probably only need two more wins.

8. AH

AH Active Member

8 teams now...unless Everton can do us a favour

9. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

You will come back fighting stronger, Hopefully your end of season will now turn for the good.

10. Voluptuous Vuckic

Voluptuous Vuckic Active Member

Everton winning which is some good news

11. Donkey Toon

Donkey Toon Active Member

Another thing to consider.

I know we have only won one in our last ten but we have drawn alot of those games. Taking our last eight league games (as we also have 8 left) we have won one and drawn four and we haven't played that well at times. Even if we only maintain the pretty poor form of the last eight games we should still pick up about 7 points which would be enough (43 pts). And with players to come back from injury we hopefully will actually improve.

Too early to panic!

12. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah if you look at it the way I am looking at it, all I think you need is 2 more wins and you will be safe, Well I still think you will finish about 10th or 11th before this bad run I thought you were on for a finish around 7th or 8th

13. Andmcit

Andmcit Member

Agreed, yet the team spirit which has been the strength and driving force of the current squad
    will no doubt have taken a dent and form is nearly always down to confidence. It's so maddening
    from threatening to leapfrog Sunderland's place at around 7/8th see's a slide that can get the old
    stomach in knots. Goddammit, I want to see my x2 favourite clubs in the same League but want
    it to be in the Premiership rather than Championship - FWIW Swans is my second (adopted) side.

14. Tonton

Tonton Member

I reckon between 6 teams toon, blackpool, west brom, blackburn, wigan and wolves. We have to win or the eqiuvalent of 2 games shame decent season gone to waste because of the lack of investment in players in Jan. Someone is accountable I wonder who it could be a chepskate billionaire chairman!!!!

15. Mod Face

Mod Face Well-Known Member

Who would that be? Mike Ashley is only worth £700m and that was in 2009 before we went down.

16. HOADIE_BOI

I think it is between Blackpool, West Brom, Wigan, Birmingham, Wolves and Aston Villa (Which I wouldn't have expected to have done so bad this season last season after how well they done) I think West ham will be safe that is my opinion and I also think Newcastle will not be in the mix of this crap so I think you should concentrate on finishing around 11th or 12th

17. Tonton

Tonton Member

well according to the rich list provided recently he back over a billion just hope the fat c**** drinks and eats himself to death massive celebrations on tyneside if that happens!!!!!

18. HOADIE_BOI

Well how could he not have been a billionaire. He owns sports Direct and he is so tight with the budget at newcastle he must be making a profit.

19. MrToontastic

MrToontastic Well-Known Member

I posted this 12 days ago, I'm not normally a pesimist but I'm suprised others couldn't see this coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.