1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Let's get this show on the road!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, May 27, 2016.

1. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

the mega bus be cheaper for ew nin .......I`ll go halves 50p each yeah <ok>

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I see Jazz Barnum-Bobb has signed for Newport on a one year deal.

Of more interest, young Welsh striker, Tom Bradshaw has submitted a transfer request to Walsall as he wants to play in the Championship. 40 goals in 86 appearances for Walsall was not a bad return. Wiki indicates his contract is up in July anyway.

3. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Beaten to him by Barnsley so I hope if he was any good we would have shown some more interest (compared to the zilch potential we're showing at the moment) Also see rumours that Adam Matthews is set to sign for the Wurzels for £2 mill. Why the hell arn't we interested considering how weak our LB gap is, unless Declan previously unseen form to the contrary?

4. BluefromBridgend

The Beast has signed for Newport on 12 month deal.

5. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Scored 38 goals in 84 appearances for Forest Green - not a bad return - should be able to do the job for County

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Jazz Richards will be a good signing for you.....A Welsh international with premiership experience.......Being a jack wont bother him he will give Cardiff 100%.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

City have had plenty of jacks especially Legg, R James, Marustic, Stevenson, Curtis.

And for the older fans, Allchurch!

8. BluefromBridgend

9. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

...who has struggled badly in the Championship for the past two years. Jazz Richards is not highly rated at all at Fulham, a team that at best is the same level at Cardiff currently.

This swap deal is predicated on both players turning things around in a new environment. Hopefully that happens for both, but don't think this deal is anything better than a wash for you.

10. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

It's official they've swapped.

Are we happier about Jazz arriving or Malone going? <laugh>

I think this is a decent bit of business for us. See Trollope mentioning the 'style' we'll play. Jazz and Fabio as wing backs in a 3-5-2?

11. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Fulham are not the same level as us having struggled to stay in the division for 2 years whereas we were threatening the playoffs till 2 games from the end last season.

Whilst I'm sure you know Jazz better than our coach who's spent the last 2 months with him, I'm gonna go with Trollope's judgement on this one. Time will tell though.

12. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think I'll take the wash thanks pal. One of Malone's big problems is that he was brought here by Slade.

This is just another move away from that legacy with Malone following his other (useless) signings like Revell, Doyle, Tamas, Saadi and Ameobi out of the door. Only a couple left now who have any merit at all - that's Peltier and particularly O'Keefe who took his chance when it came the back end of last season. You can't count Immers as being a Slade man - he came on loan because we couldn't buy at the time.

As for Jazz Richards I think he'll be a far better fit for the style that Trollope seems to want to play. We'll have to wait and see but I'm very pleased with the deal at the moment.

13. BluefromBridgend

Hasn't done badly when called upon for Wales. I guess our manager has had a good look at him over the summer and made his decision based on that. Also, perhaps Jazz just didn't like London. Now coming home - nearly. Will be well received at Cardiff despite being a Swansea lad.

You're welcome to Malone. Looks good going forward but little end product in terms of assists. Final ball into the box usually poor. Defensively inept, regularly goes to sleep allowing his winger too much space.

Time will tell but I expect us to be a lot happier with the swap.

14. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

I think we should all take a moment to appreciate the end of an era for another great City LB...

.... Fair play Scott, that last minute volley against QPR was sublime, just a shame about the rest of the games! <laugh>

15. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I did say 'at best'. :p

The change in surroundings/coaches could be just what he needs. Time will tell - but I think both sides can be happy with this deal.

Stevoldinho likes this.
  16. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sheepy - that shot/goal against QPR was the high point amongst very many lows for me. It could have gone anywhere but dipped under the bar and he lived on it for a while.

Now I quite prefer another goal from one of our full backs................what a cracker!!!

17. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I thought he played for Cardiff first as a youngster.

18. BluefromBridgend

You're right Dai. He was a youth player with us from 2005-7.

He is coming home then. <ok>

Some more positive incoming rumours or better still actual signings would be good to get us in the mood for 6th August. Only 2 weeks away this weekend and only 4 signings so far, including Immers and Zohore who were always expected to sign.

19. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Did we have to take Jazz to get rid of Malone? If so its a deal worth doing.

Hope Jazz shows his Welsh form and not his League form.

Still at least another poor Slade signing has gone. Cant fault his effort like Revell. Simply not good enough and a stupid signing when we had better full backs at the club.

If we are playing wing backs Jazz will surely be cover for Fabio anyway.

20. BluefromBridgend