1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Let's get this show on the road!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, May 27, 2016.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

2. BluefromBridgend

Not very impressive - had a trial with Bristol Rovers and didn't get in there. He certainly doesn't qualify as the Prem keeper Colin has mentioned.

3. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Right club wrong Goalkeeper. <cheers>

4. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Another good keeper. Would be happy with McGregor

5. BluefromBridgend

BBC Teletext Transfer Rumours says that is so. <yikes>

6. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Over the moon with being linked with McGregor! Cracking keeper.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Stevoldinho likes this.
  7. BluefromBridgend

8. Jay-Rede

I've asked the hull fans what they think on their transfer rumor thread

9. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Apparently.
    34. Not played any league games this season. Experienced but been injured, 3rd choice at Hull.
    Typical keeper - brilliant at times but has tendency for the odd mare.
    IMO a good signing for this season, should help in acquiring more clean sheets.
    Tough on Murphy who's done nowt wrong and was excellent v Villa, but IMO he's just too short- a taller keeper would have saved Brentford & Bristol's first goals.

10. BluefromBridgend

Took a quick peek at that thread Jay. Boy do they not like Marshie. Seems like he's the whipping boy for a crap defence. As I said on another thread, he might have dropped the odd bollock but many of the shots that beat him were unstoppable by any keeper and he was often left high and dry by those in front of him.

Looks like McGregor was guilty of throwing in the odd one too, but where he appears to stand out from Marshie is his verbal "encouragement" of team mates, opposition and refs. That is something we are not used to. Could be interesting on a quiet Saturday afternoon!!!! <whistle>

Jay-Rede likes this.

11. BluefromBridgend

See the Transfer Rumours thread Nin. Jay and I have been posting on this and Jay has asked Hull fans for their views. That makes interesting reading on their site - not so much negative about McGregor, apart from his injuries, but their dislike of Marshie.

Agreed on Murphy. He has done well for us. In height terms, according to Wiki, McGregor is 6 ft 0 whereas Murphy is 6 ft 1. Unlikely to improve our defending of crosses then.

Jay-Rede likes this.
  12. ninian opinion

<sorry> Missed the thread <doh>

6'1. Murphy looks about as big as Billy Ronson to me<whistle>

13. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nin - going to merge this thread with the Transfer Rumours thread OK. <ok>

14. ninian opinion

Western Mail listed the available PL keepers.

Dimi the drop was in it<yikes>

Happy with McGregor even if he hasn't played all season. Murphy to keep the shirt though for the time being?

On the Kennedy loan for the Dons winger, I had high hopes for Kennedy but NW is another manager who doesn't appear to rate him.

Seems a bit old at 29. I'd prefer to sit it out until the summer & get some quality youth in. Anyway aren't we ok for wingers this season with Hoillet, Kadeem & Noone? Prefer to see a pacy central mudfielder come in.

15. Jay-Rede

As would we all. Looks like Warnock isn't a massive fan of Nooney. I'm desperate for Kadeem to do well, I really like the kid . His pace is extraordinary. I'd stick with the formation NW used after the subs on Saturday. It clearly worked well and the pace was set and the tempo was raised! More of that this week and we should stamp all over Burton!

16. Jay-Rede

They do not like him at all mate. There are a couple who sympathize with him and blame the defense rather than Marshie. In fairness, they don't sound a million miles off how some of us sound when things don't go our way.

17. BluefromBridgend

True Jay.

As for Kadeem, as you say, great pace but I'm not sure he's the brightest star in the sky. He's vastly improved his pitch awareness under Colin so that he tracks back more. However, his crossing and general passing could improve and I understand he missed a sitter on Saturday before he got his header. I was not expecting to use those last 4 words in a sentence about Kadeem. Lol!!!

Yes, Hayes would be another winger although I could see Noonie leaving if Hayes came in. Hayes appears to have more goals in him with a 15% strike ratio compared to Noone's 9% although Hayes goals have all been in Scotland.

From the Daily Record: -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-face-second-cardiff-bid-9635067

18. Jay-Rede

I agree, never thought we'd see Harris at 5 ft and a fag butt get on the end of an awkward header in between two towering defenders. I've always been impressed with him when he's played. Just for injecting some pace into the team alone.

I agree with Hayes mate, and as naff as the quality in Scotland can be, goals are still goals and I truly have faith in Uncle Col's ability to find decent players after getting Junior and Sol in, and the two flops that had we signed under another manager would have been given life long contracts but given short term contracts under Colin to prove themselves and then given the boot after not being up to the task.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  19. Jay-Rede

Have just been on an Aberdeen FC forum. They are not happy at all <laugh>. They say they wouldnt be happy with anything less than £1m - £1.25m and that £500k - £800k is completely unacceptable.

I'm not sure I've seen so many insults towards our beloved club and city since the way things used to be with our cousins down west <laugh>

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=40634&page=8

^ If anyones interested in having a look *approach with caution* lots on nonsensical Scottish slang.

20. ninian opinion

That "Dad" deserves a bit of a :emoticon-0146-punch for criticising our city especially when he admits he's never been here.
    Maybe he got it mixed up with swansea or newport<whistle>

Jay-Rede likes this.